Buffalo Timmy

What is weak link after game 2 of preseason?

I watched game and feel that our center is issue if Morse is not ready and our punter situation, which is weird because for many years Moorman was our MVP.  Am I missing some other real problem? I think the final cuts will be hard for good reasons this year.

Center ( Morse injury)

pass rush

punter ( not good) kicking game ( holder issues?) 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I watched game and feel that our center is issue if Morse is not ready and our punter situation, which is weird because for many years Moorman was our MVP.  Am I missing some other real problem? I think the final cuts will be hard for good reasons this year.

We are one injury to Tommy Sweeney from having No TE's on this roster.  That is really scary !!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I like Feliciano playing center. I think he’s a nasty blocker. I won’t lie I haven’t paid much attention to Morse in KC so not sure what we’re missing but I’ve been impressed with Feliciano. Swain gives me some concern, he seems beat a lot and has actually gotten away with some holds and been called for a couple I think. Kicking is looking ugly too as others have said 

• Like (+1) 3

Our third string QB should be trying to hone his game in college. Sorry, I’m watching the 4th quarter right now....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I liked Feliciano enough where I'm not worried about C, there will be drop-off but not like NFL-player-to-Bodine dropoff. It's the domino effect and tonight the bigger domino was Nsekhe. The depth on OL beyond the available roster slots was pretty crap.

Apart from that, the punters and Hauschka are concerning. 

And then... I really can't think of anything. All other positions seemed to show talent and depth on offense.

58 minutes ago, ganesh said:

We are one injury to Tommy Sweeney from having No TE's on this roster.  That is really scary !!!!

Towbridge has shown well enough.

Punting. Neither of those guys are very consistent.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

The kicking game, both punting and placekicking 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Our third string QB should be trying to hone his game in college. Sorry, I’m watching the 4th quarter right now....

It’s not not a joke.  I told someone earlier tonight he is the worst player on the team.  Dabol was so right to tear him a new one.

i loved him at UB, but while commentators were throwing love at him I couldn’t help but think he still was a bad decision maker and had a wild arm.

When he entered the draft I thought he just plain wasn’t ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Yeah he was playing himself off the practice squad but not in the right direction.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

In game coaching decisions.

?

That's the silliest criticism I've ever seen of a preseason game....do you really believe the coaches are approaching it like a regular season game?

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

O line in general. Morse is an obvious concern, but none of these guys have worked together in a game where the opposing defense is nasty aggressive.  Can they handle that? Will communication allow them to pick up stunts? Blitzes?

Kickers, all three of ‘em. Less concern w Hausch, but you know he wants to make those kicks.

Allen. Second year QB who has been given tools. Can he work with them when it matters?

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Tyree was brutal last night

6 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Wouldn't call Center a problem. Felciano has looked really good so far. And we haven't even really had the chance to see Long play there yet. Our backup Centers last night was a problem. But theyre not going to make the team anyways.

I would say that pass rush is an issue. We have a great defense but feel we are lacking that elite pass rusher. 

Kicking is the biggest issue I see. Haushka is really struggling. And even on extra points they don't look very good.

Posted (edited)

Pass rush is lacking. Ed Oliver is not going to help the pass rush IMO. He struggles to get off blocks as of now.

They will have to scheme up a pass rush. Stunts and blitzes. Go get Clowney if available. This defense can be special. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Tyree was brutal last night

Feel bad for guys like Sills. No chance to show anything

• Like (+1) 1