Is this the Bills best qb pair since Kelly-Reich

...certainly has the potential to be......Reich seemed content backing up Kelly with no QB controversy.......was meh about the Barkley signing due to his well traveled/not showing much track record...looks like I better take the crow out of the freezer now....BTW, Barkley seems content backing up Josh as well....

It’s probably 2002 Bledsoe and Van Pelt no? Statistically they had the best year.

It’s too early to say anything about Allen and Barkley. If we’re going by last year they’re probably middle of the pack.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

At this point I really don't think there's any reason to believe it's better than Manuel/Orton. I knowa lot of people are assuming that Allen will be here for 15 years, v and I hope he is, but he really have done a thing to earn that yet. If you redrafted today, he'd probably be the 4th QB taken.

Average at best ha ? 

Why don’t you name few backups that are better then Barkley , how many backup QB’s came last year and won games for their teams ? 

17 minutes ago, VW82 said:

It’s probably 2002 Bledsoe and Van Pelt no? Statistically they had the best year.

It’s too early to say anything about Allen and Barkley. If we’re going by last year they’re probably middle of the pack.

Let’s NOT forget who they had at WR position ! 

When you trade your # 2 WR AND get a 1st round pick for him BTW that’s more then what we got for Watkins 

Edited by Putin

I would say so.  I think our backup appears to be better than a lot of our starters in that time frame.

10 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

At this point I really don't think there's any reason to believe it's better than Manuel/Orton. I knowa lot of people are assuming that Allen will be here for 15 years, v and I hope he is, but he really have done a thing to earn that yet. If you redrafted today, he'd probably be the 4th QB taken.

Thats a bunch of bull.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Bar is pretty low...we haven't had a real starter since Kelly....The thing about Allen is that he is improving and seems smart....he doesn't look lost and looks in control. We should be pumped for the season

I suppose you forget that Drew Bledsoe has the franchise best passing season by a rather large margin. Kelly is my all time favorite but both Bledsoe and Flutie (pro bowl appearances as  Bills) were top tier NFL QB’s for part of the tenure in the Bills uniform.

Edited by Lenigmusx
Grammar?

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I hate to be a naysayer (not really) but Barkely is an average backup at best. He has played great since coming to the Bills but he would likely get murdered if he had to play a few games. Yes, he played great against the Jets, but he still has a rag arm that cannot consistently beat NFL defenses in the regular season. He's smart, and accurate, and a great teammate, and will help Josh, but 90% of Bills fans IMO are way, way, way wrong about him I fear.

An average back up is an improvement.

We have had his skill level starting for us for years.  Now this level is where it’s supposed to be...backing up a (hopefully) franchise QB.

11 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

People aren’t drafting Jackson or Rosen over Allen.  Mayfield for sure.  Darnold...you’ll probably have a split.

3 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Johnson was sacked how many times?  The dude was horrible and impossible to watch.  Best since Kelly/Reich.

And Barkley has every bit as much arm strength as Dougie did with the Bills.

Also, he can manage a game, which is what you are looking for in a back up. Build a good team around your QB and a back up needs to win half of his starts for short durations of time.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

4 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I can't believe Barkley was just sitting on his couch for us to poach.  He's a guy who can legitimately start and win games in this league. 

IIRC, Barkley was coming off an injury and was not really available at the start of the season. That's why we picked up Derek Andersen first.