Who is your slightly surprising cut?

9 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

You know what I'd like to know? I'd like to know what your problem with me is. It's clearly personal, but I don't remember what the root of it is. I'm tired of you being such a jerk and constantly reacting negatively to my posts. I see a notification involving you, and I automatically know it's going to be you having a problem with something. So, seriously, how did I offend you in the first place to where you feel you need to go after me constantly? And how did you get to be a mod by being a jerk? YOUR act is getting tired. I don't have an act; I just share my opinions/fears regarding the team, and a lot of people don't want to hear anything but positivity. I've always been a fan that intensely hopes on the inside but prepares for disappointment on the outside.

Now. About Zay Jones. It's not his fault we traded up for him. Did he struggle as a rookie? Yes. A lot of young receivers do. Was the "fight for Jesus" thing embarrassing? Yes. But no one could argue that he didn't improve significantly last season, and he performed like a respectable #2 receiver in the NFL. That's why the cut talk seems very foolish to me. All reports are that he's also a great cultural fit.

Virtually every one of your posts are worthy of negative reactions.

Oh my god... The coaching staff vs. the fans on Zay Jones might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.”

At once condescending. Screaming to a sky fairy how stupid everyone is that they don’t see your unicorns. Then piling on how this is likely the apex of humor you’ve experienced in your entire existence.

“Zay Jones is a top player on this roster and is still on his rookie contract. He will not even be a consideration for cuts...”

Well, you got 1 out of 3 right. He’s still on his rookie contract. So he’s on equal footing with Allen, McCoy, Gore, Morse, Dawkins, Ford, Oliver, Hughes, Star, LoAl, Milano, Tre White, T. Johnson, Poyer & Hyde? He isn’t even a “top player” in the WR room and neither you nor any of us know who’s being considered as a cut. But next year is his final contract year so he’s a prime candidate for trade considerations now.

“I truly don't understand why fans have it out for him so much.” 

Then you truly don’t follow the team. That’s all I got with this one.

“I wonder if it's because fans had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a second-round draft pick, folks, and he hasn't been a disappointment.”

Aside from more condescending remarks to fellow posters -which is your MO, I already addressed this witless whopper. NewsFlash: he’s a disappointment on a scale of James Hardy.

Most, if not all your offerings here, ring out like this post. To top it off, you proclaim you’re an acknowledged blogger of the team with your screen name. Pompous, condescending belligerence with disregard for facts is not a proven method for attracting followers.

Anything else you’d like to discuss publicly?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Virtually every one of your posts are worthy of negative reactions.

Oh my god... The coaching staff vs. the fans on Zay Jones might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.”

At once condescending. Screaming to a sky fairy how stupid everyone is that they don’t see your unicorns. Then piling on how this is likely the apex of humor you’ve experienced in your entire existence.

“Zay Jones is a top player on this roster and is still on his rookie contract. He will not even be a consideration for cuts...”

Well, you got 1 out of 3 right. He’s still on his rookie contract. So he’s on equal footing with Allen, McCoy, Gore, Morse, Dawkins, Ford, Oliver, Hughes, Star, LoAl, Milano, Tre White, T. Johnson, Poyer & Hyde? He isn’t even a “top player” in the WR room and neither you nor any of us know who’s being considered as a cut. But next year is his final contract year so he’s a prime candidate for trade considerations now.

“I truly don't understand why fans have it out for him so much.” 

Then you truly don’t follow the team. That’s all I got with this one.

“I wonder if it's because fans had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a second-round draft pick, folks, and he hasn't been a disappointment.”

Aside from more condescending remarks to fellow posters -which is your MO, I already addressed this witless whopper. NewsFlash: he’s a disappointment on a scale of James Hardy.

Most, if not all your offerings here, ring out like this post. To top it off, you proclaim you’re an acknowledged blogger of the team with your screen name. Pompous, condescending belligerence with disregard for facts is not a proven method for attracting followers.

Anything else you’d like to discuss publicly?

I find it amusing that you accuse me of being condescending. You are not only consistently condescending, but you are also directly rude and insulting. Of course, people will take your side because you're a mod and part of the old guard here.

All I'll say about Jones at this point is I'll agree to disagree. I don't expect him to be cut or traded.

I "proclaim I'm an acknowledged blogger of the team"? What the hell are you talking about? I had a fan website once called The Bills Blog. Is that wrong in your book?

It's funny that you had to sneak in a comment about your lack of belief in a god as well. Actually, "Oh my god" is a common expression that does not refer to any god specifically or acknowledge belief. And you already know that I didn't mean the "hilarious" bit literally, so you can come off of that weak argument.

There must be something you're not telling me that ticked you off at some point, because this post hasn't come close to justifying the level of vitriol you display. Take your bizarre, hateful reaction to the idea of me sharing my NFL Game Pass experience, when others took an interest in it and you were (as I recall) the only one to have a problem with it for some reason -- simply because, in your eyes, everything I do is wrong and to be laughed at and criticized.

I love how you're like, "Anything else you’d like to discuss publicly?" as if you're dropping the mic because you thought your post was good! ?

Edited by The Bills Blog
  • Like (+1) 1

I've seen some mention of Foster here...but not much, which surprises me.  Everyone seems to assume he is a lock...and I'm not sure why.  Yes, he had a good half season...but I think he largely looked good in comparison to the rest of the dreck we had at receiver....and their have been some upgrades.  In practice, it seems like he has been demoted and doesn't know his routes the way he should...and I haven't seen a lot of him in pre-season games.  It's also assumed that if the coaches did want to get rid of him that they could get something back in trade.  Maybe.  But a year and a half ago, nobody thought he was worth a 7th...and not sure such a small sample size would change GMs minds.  There is a lot to like about Foster...and if the decision were mine I would PROBABLY keep him...but I have not been to the practices, and I am not convinced the staff is enamored with him right now.

It’s amazingly short sighted when someone picks a fight with the mods.  

Just a matter of time before blog guy is gone,

Go Bills!!!

32 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I find it amusing that you accuse me of being condescending. You are not only consistently condescending, but you are also directly rude and insulting. Of course, people will take your side because you're a mod and part of the old guard here.

All I'll say about Jones at this point is I'll agree to disagree. I don't expect him to be cut or traded.

I "proclaim I'm an acknowledged blogger of the team"? What the hell are you talking about? I had a fan website once called The Bills Blog. Is that wrong in your book?

It's funny that you had to sneak in a comment about your lack of belief in a god as well. Actually, "Oh my god" is a common expression that does not refer to any god specifically or acknowledge belief. And you already know that I didn't mean the "hilarious" bit literally, so you can come off of that weak argument.

There must be something you're not telling me that ticked you off at some point, because this post hasn't come close to justifying the level of vitriol you display. Take your bizarre, hateful reaction to the idea of me sharing my NFL Game Pass experience, when others took an interest in it and you were (as I recall) the only one to have a problem with it for some reason -- simply because, in your eyes, everything I do is wrong and to be laughed at and criticized.

I love how you're like, "Anything else you’d like to discuss publicly?" as if you're dropping the mic because you thought your post was good! ?

The only things I know about you I’ve already stated, and none of them are good. In retrospect, I should have just issued warnings to take the narcissistic edge off your postings, rather than encourage you to by responding to your takes.

That ends here.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, HappyDays said:

This would be my preferred day 1 WR corps, but I have to admit Foster is really disappointing me this year. I thought he had a lot to build on at the end of last season but he's completely disappeared. If he ends up not making the team I won't be all that surprised.

Maybe Foster is the Nick Foles of WRs lol takes a while to get the rust off

On 8/17/2019 at 11:30 AM, Scorp83 said:

PS number?? Please clarify I have no clue what this abbreviation mean

Practice Squad number.

10 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

I've seen some mention of Foster here...but not much, which surprises me.  Everyone seems to assume he is a lock...and I'm not sure why.  Yes, he had a good half season...but I think he largely looked good in comparison to the rest of the dreck we had at receiver....and their have been some upgrades.  In practice, it seems like he has been demoted and doesn't know his routes the way he should...and I haven't seen a lot of him in pre-season games.  It's also assumed that if the coaches did want to get rid of him that they could get something back in trade.  Maybe.  But a year and a half ago, nobody thought he was worth a 7th...and not sure such a small sample size would change GMs minds.  There is a lot to like about Foster...and if the decision were mine I would PROBABLY keep him...but I have not been to the practices, and I am not convinced the staff is enamored with him right now.

He had the most Rookie receiving yards and averaged 20 yards a catch and offers size/speed to be an outside WR with costing very little against the cap. He might never be a true #1 but has a place in this league and rather it here than elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if anyone would be surprised, but I'll go with Lee Smith.  Buffalo signed him to be a blocking tight end, but injuries forced Buffalo to play Tommy 
Sweeney with the ones a lot.  He responded by getting open and catching passes to the degree that I don't think the Bills can cut him now.  Knox and Croom are coming back from hamstring pulls and Kroft is waiting in the wings.  Blocking is not a real strength in any of those other guys, but conversely they aren't terrible at it, and everybody shows willingness to work at it, and they are big enough to have upside as blockers.  All of that is going to make Lee Smith and the role of blocking tight end expendable. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, fergie's ire said:

I agree with this post, yes he had a good last stretch of games, but prior to that he was awful, cut and put on the PS. He has come in this off season and appears to have been in some sort of doghouse. The first preseason game he was out there playing with Tyree Jackson, which isnt a good sign imo, and he had a drop when he got hit in the hands. He has been completely invisible so far. If he makes this team its bc we have seen that potential at the end of last season, but he is more likely to be cut than Zay imo

46 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I agree with this post, yes he had a good last stretch of games, but prior to that he was awful, cut and put on the PS. He has come in this off season and appears to have been in some sort of doghouse. The first preseason game he was out there playing with Tyree Jackson, which isnt a good sign imo, and he had a drop when he got hit in the hands. He has been completely invisible so far. If he makes this team its bc we have seen that potential at the end of last season, but he is more likely to be cut than Zay imo

Yeah - last year we hated foster and wondered why he was playing... then he hit the PS and came back a completely new player.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I don't know if anyone would be surprised, but I'll go with Lee Smith.  Buffalo signed him to be a blocking tight end, but injuries forced Buffalo to play Tommy 
Sweeney with the ones a lot.  He responded by getting open and catching passes to the degree that I don't think the Bills can cut him now.  Knox and Croom are coming back from hamstring pulls and Kroft is waiting in the wings.  Blocking is not a real strength in any of those other guys, but conversely they aren't terrible at it, and everybody shows willingness to work at it, and they are big enough to have upside as blockers.  All of that is going to make Lee Smith and the role of blocking tight end expendable. 

I'd be surprised because they gave him a 4.4 million guarantee deal and it'd be a cap hit of 3.5 million if they cut him this year. 

On 8/17/2019 at 7:30 AM, ToddAllan said:

I'd call DiMarco and H. Phillips my possible surprise cuts.

Also, I also expect 2 or 3 surprise TRADES before the season begins. Anyone else think so?

Beane could easily get a 4 - 6 round draft pick for one of their young receivers (Foster, McCloud, Phillips, McIntyre, or even Zay Jones) from a team in need, who's also low on the waiver wire list. Maybe they can score a third rounder for Zay.

I think the same is true for our depth on the Offensive Line and at Defensive Back.

The front office could move an older "next man up" to keep and develop a younger guy with potential, or vice versa.

What a great time to be a Bills fan. Go Bills!

Zay has had more passes bounce off his facemask than TDs caught.  No way a team will give up a 3rd for him regardless of how many years left on his rookie contract

• Like (+1) 1