Who is your slightly surprising cut?

1 hour ago, Codyny13 said:

For everyone saying Haushka gets cut...who do you replace him w at this time?

I wouldn't cut Hauschka outright rn but if/when that Carolina kicker gets waived I would bring him in and let him battle with Hausch for a week

He looked like he had a good leg

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Definitely haushka and the punters and might as well toss the long snapper in too lol 

I’m in this camp. McLaughlin has done nothing but be accurate and boom KOs out of the end zone. Super cheap too. Both Punters to the scrap heap as well.

17 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Outside of Zay Jones I don't think there's a cut they would make that would qualify as surprising. No real tenured vets. No high draft picks on the bubble outside of Shaq. This team is mostly a bunch of replacement level players at this point. They could cut any of them or none of them and it wouldn't shock me either way

Why are you even here? Seriously, why?

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Zay certainly isn’t a “top player.” He was horrendous as a rookie. He graded out as the lowest graded receiver in football. He bounced back last year and was okay. Was he effective last year because the other WRs were so bad or is he now a decent NFL receiver? 

He also doesn’t have any differentiating skills. He has terrible hands. Zay is no more than a decent route runner. He doesn’t have great short area quickness nor does he stretch the field. Zay is just okay or worse at every skill (besides levitation). 

If the Bills decide that they need a mix of skill sets he COULD (again not likely) be the odd man out. They could try to trade him for a later round pick (hi Giants) or cut him.

Brown, Beasley and Roberts are locks. Foster and Zay are likely. McKenzie is getting close to likely. Ray-Ray, Duke, Phillips, and even Easley are trying to sneak up. It isn’t crazy to me to think that McKenzie passes Zay on the depth chart (if he hasn’t already). The Bills also may want the big body of Duke because they don’t have any size otherwise. They don’t have someone that can make that play he did yesterday. It’s not impossible to me to see the WR depth chart as Brown, Beasley, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, and Duke. 

Honest question, what skill set was Zay supposed to have when we drafted him? I figured at the time given his catch rate in college he'd come out as a Brandon Marshall possession type reciever but that might be the worst aspect of his game.

I used to think his poor hands was a mental thing after his rookie year but now that I've seen 2 years I might chalk up all his college catches to having some noodle armed quarterback.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Am I less of a fan because I'm not chanting Super Bowl in August like the majority of this board? If that's what I need to do, let me know.

Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds, Milano, Hughes, Oliver, Star L, T. Johnson, Tre White, Morse, McCoy, Ford, Roberts & Dawkins are replacement level players? That’s a far cry from chanting Super Bowl, let alone ridiculously biased and uniformed. 

I’m letting you know. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Poyer, Hyde, Edmunds, Milano, Hughes, Oliver, Star L, T. Johnson, Tre White, Morse, McCoy, Ford, Roberts & Dawkins are replacement level players? That’s a far cry from chanting Super Bowl, let alone ridiculously biased and uniformed. 

I’m letting you know. 

First of all, you misread my post - what i said was "Outside of Zay Jones I don't think there's a cut they would make that would qualify as surprising". 

There are a ton of players that don't fit into a bucket of guys they would cut - in other terms, they're virtual locks to make the team. Guys like Allen, Morse, Edmunds, Star, White, Oliver, Hughes, Milano, Borwn, Beasley, Kroft, Knox, Ford, Alexander, Murphy. etc.

Among the guys that aren't complete locks to make the team, I think any of them could be cut and it wouldn't be a shock. That is unless you'd consider McCoy getting cut a shock, but I wouldn't.

We don't have any cap-casualty type players left, or young kids that are going to force a long time vet off the team in my opinion.

And yes, outside of handful of proven players we have or guys with 1-2 years of experience most of them are replacement level guys including our entire 2nd string and lower defense, every WR below #2, our entire offensive line besides Dawkins and Morse (who is at serious risk of never playing again), our TE group (except the rookies) and our entire RB committee. It doesn't mean by default that they won't play well or be good down the road.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

^. ^ 

I apologize. I did misread your post.

It's all good. I've been a pretty heavy skeptic of this squad, so I guess it's easy to take what I said the wrong way.

I really hope they can find a way to keep Wade on this team while he learns the position. I don't think we have another back that can run like him right now.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's all good. I've been a pretty heavy skeptic of this squad, so I guess it's easy to take what I said the wrong way.

I really hope they can find a way to keep Wade on this team while he learns the position. I don't think we have another back that can run like him right now.

Given what we’ve seen of him, he’d be an unquestioned Lock -if he even understood the game like an 8 year old in America. Not trying to be facetious. He’s learning the most basic concepts of the game just in the last few months!! Running away from the wall of blockers he had for a free trip to the end zone and not knowing what to do after scoring shows this. It’s kinda unbelievable, but I’m sure I’m the same way with the intricacies of Rugby. I mean, we played ‘Kill the Guy with the Ball’ when we were young. Rugby looks like the same thing to me. This is a very strange situation, but handing him a spot on the 53 without a basic understanding of the game is even crazier -incredible exploits notwithstanding.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Given what we’ve seen of him, he’d be an unquestioned Lock -if he even understood the game like an 8 year old in America. Not trying to be facetious. He’s learning the most basic concepts of the game just in the last few months. Running away from the wall of blockers he had for a free trip to the end zone and not knowing what to do after scoring shows this. It’s kinda unbelievable, but I’m sure I’m the same way with the intricacies of Rugby. I mean, we played ‘Kill the Guy with the Ball’ when we were young. Rugby looks like the same thing to me. This is a very strange situation, but handing him a spot on the 53 without a basic understanding of the game is even crazier -incredible exploits notwithstanding.

It's an uphill climb for sure. I've always been a little curious why NFL teams don't employ personal trainers to turn guys with freak skills into legitimate players. Not sure if it's a CBA thing or they just don't view it as a worthy thing to do, but I'd like to believe if this guy had a personal coach that just taught him football day and night that he could be electric.  

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Honest question, what skill set was Zay supposed to have when we drafted him? I figured at the time given his catch rate in college he'd come out as a Brandon Marshall possession type reciever but that might be the worst aspect of his game.

I used to think his poor hands was a mental thing after his rookie year but now that I've seen 2 years I might chalk up all his college catches to having some noodle armed quarterback.

I assumed a lot of the same. I figured that he was either always open and/or had elite hands. I’m not sure how he was so productive.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH are you saying?? “Unreal expectations” for a 2nd Round pick we traded up to get? WTH would be realistic expectations? Not getting separation? Not catching MOST passes thrown his way? Not strong running routes? 

I think I’m finally starting to understand your schitck. The BillsBlog is a meme, right? Antithesis of truth?

You know what I'd like to know? I'd like to know what your problem with me is. It's clearly personal, but I don't remember what the root of it is. I'm tired of you being such a jerk and constantly reacting negatively to my posts. I see a notification involving you, and I automatically know it's going to be you having a problem with something. So, seriously, how did I offend you in the first place to where you feel you need to go after me constantly? And how did you get to be a mod by being a jerk? YOUR act is getting tired. I don't have an act; I just share my opinions/fears regarding the team, and a lot of people don't want to hear anything but positivity. I've always been a fan that intensely hopes on the inside but prepares for disappointment on the outside.

Now. About Zay Jones. It's not his fault we traded up for him. Did he struggle as a rookie? Yes. A lot of young receivers do. Was the "fight for Jesus" thing embarrassing? Yes. But no one could argue that he didn't improve significantly last season, and he performed like a respectable #2 receiver in the NFL. That's why the cut talk seems very foolish to me. All reports are that he's also a great cultural fit.

WR and RB cuts will make half of us unhappy. If it were up to me I’d say dump Yelden and possibly another because we all know they will keep Patrick DiMarco for some odd reason (I think it would be a trade of McCoy). As far as receivers go Brown and Beasley and Roberts are safe and then it gets crazy.. I’d like to keep Williams, Foster and McCloud. That means Zay would be out. I think we’ve seen enough. Only chance Zay should have is if they count Roberts as a core special teamer and not WR for numbers purposes.

Also, please dump Star

Edited by SJDK
Forgot Star