Who is your slightly surprising cut?

42 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Hauschka is my vote. Something isn't right with him.

No, it’s Bojorquez that’s left footed.

And it seems the thread is indicating ‘no Croom can catch’.  Someone please retrieve my comma.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

who are your two outside receivers if brown misses games? 

I'd say that player is not yet on the Bills roster.  I suspect Beane will be very active in looking for hep in the trade/waiver market over the next two weeks...

6 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Oh my god... The coaching staff vs. the fans on Zay Jones might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Zay Jones is a top player on this roster and is still on his rookie contract. He will not even be a consideration for cuts... I truly don't understand why fans have it out for him so much. I wonder if it's because fans had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a second-round draft pick, folks, and he hasn't been a disappointment.

He can't catch,  is afraid going over the middle...off field issues...etc....etc....He dropped that pass at the goal line against the colts because he closed his damn eyes when the defender reached his peripheral vision. 

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s not impossible to me to see the WR depth chart as Brown, Beasley, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, and Duke. 

This would be my preferred day 1 WR corps, but I have to admit Foster is really disappointing me this year. I thought he had a lot to build on at the end of last season but he's completely disappeared. If he ends up not making the team I won't be all that surprised.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I agree that he has been a disappointment as well. I don't trust him to make a non important catch, much less an important one.

19 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

He can't catch,  is afraid going over the middle...off field issues...etc....etc....He dropped that pass at the goal line against the colts because he closed his damn eyes when the defender reached his peripheral vision. 

This one hurt in Miami, 3 and 11 with a minute to go: 

41 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'd say that player is not yet on the Bills roster.  I suspect Beane will be very active in looking for hep in the trade/waiver market over the next two weeks...

If we trade for a solid WR my take could quickly change. On just about any position the same carries true. 

as for zay...some people are acting as if fans don't understand that rookies take time to develope. a wide reciever that has issues catching passes directly in his hands is a huge issue. nerves for a game or two but after that you need to perform the prime function of your job dependably. maybe you will never develop a full route tree, be in sync with your qb or o coordinator..but catching a good pass? the leash should be short on that and we are going in to year 3. want a lb that cant reliably tackle? a qb that cant throw straight? if passes routinly werent close to zay we can argue about who and why thats happening but when they are in his chest it gets pretty tiring to see the drops continue.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

At this point, Zay.

Beane has talked up the kid so much, it would be a surprise based on that.

Based on his play, not so much.

Duke Williams started making his push for Zay's roster spot with last night's performance, though.

Yeah I thought Duke had a pretty good game last night. Was great to see him go up top and snag that TD pass. He had a few other catches in the slant. But overall, I thought he did very well. Gona make tough decisions for the coaches here very soon.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Oh my god... The coaching staff vs. the fans on Zay Jones might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Zay Jones is a top player on this roster and is still on his rookie contract. He will not even be a consideration for cuts... I truly don't understand why fans have it out for him so much. I wonder if it's because fans had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a second-round draft pick, folks, and he hasn't been a disappointment.

Hardly a “top player on their roster”

Over valuing a guy with his drop rate and pedestrian production is “the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen”(which it’s honestly not, but since we’re going to really overstate our case here, you must not watch many funny things).

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ToddAllan said:

Also, I also expect 2 or 3 surprise TRADES before the season begins. Anyone else think so?

Beane could easily get a 4 - 6 round draft pick for one of their young receivers (Foster, McCloud, Phillips, McIntyre, or even Zay Jones) 

No one is giving a 4th or even 6th for the likes of McCloud or Phillips. 

Neither has done anything at all, in McCloud's he's looked terrible when he's played. Both are the wrong side of the expected 53 cut. This isn't Madden. 

9 minutes ago, skibum said:

Remind me when they usually start making the first round of cuts?

There aren't multiple rounds any more. It's a single cut to 53

Edited by Mountain Man

10 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

WTH are you saying?? “Unreal expectations” for a 2nd Round pick we traded up to get? WTH would be realistic expectations? Not getting separation? Not catching MOST passes thrown his way? Not strong running routes? 

I think I’m finally starting to understand your schitck. The BillsBlog is a meme, right? Antithesis of truth?

• Like (+1) 1