Who is your slightly surprising cut?

For the people who are saying Lawson, Jones, Foster I can sort of agree but at the same time those guys have value around the league. 

Im sure if the decision was to move on from any of those 3 they should be able to get some sort of draft pick compensation back. In the case of Jones and Lawson obviously we’d be losing in the value they were drafted at but I’m sure someone would take a shot to reinvent a young high round pick for say a 4th/5th rounder

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No chance Shaq is cut. He is more likely to sign an extension than he is to be cut. He played a nice game. He broke up that pass that he read perfectly and collapsed the pocket so that Harrison Phillips could clean up with that sack. I guess we watched different games.

Zay is a guy that would be surprising (but possible). I think guys like Coleman & Munnerlyn are vets that are on the bubble. Daryl Johnson may bump someone else off the roster too.

I thought for sure they would mention it during the replay, but nothing. He locked up the tackle, guard, and center on that one. Might as well start Harry and let Shaq do Star's job from now on lol.

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Without zay you have very few guys that can “do it all” if brown misses time. I don’t love zay but he’s cheap and the prospect of:

beasley, Roberts and foster as our top 3 would have me a little worried about who the every down outside WR that runs the whole tree reliably is. 

I think that’s fair.

17 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Without zay you have very few guys that can “do it all” if brown misses time. I don’t love zay but he’s cheap and the prospect of:

beasley, Roberts and foster as our top 3 would have me a little worried about who the every down outside WR that runs the whole tree reliably is. 

Does Zay make you feel better honestly? I dread whenever a pass heads his way. He has been awful. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Brown, Beasley and Roberts are locks. Foster and Zay are likely. McKenzie is getting close to likely. Ray-Ray, Duke, Phillips, and even Easley are trying to sneak up. It isn’t crazy to me to think that McKenzie passes Zay on the depth chart (if he hasn’t already). The Bills also may want the big body of Duke because they don’t have any size otherwise. They don’t have someone that can make that play he did yesterday. It’s not impossible to me to see the WR depth chart as Brown, Beasley, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, and Duke. 

Duke looked good last night while Ray Ray looked off. I think the size and red zone threat will lock him into a spot. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Does Zay make you feel better honestly? I dread whenever a pass heads his way. He has been awful. 

Yes. 

Would you really rather have ray ray getting 50+ snaps a game as an outside receiver? Or Roberts? 

If beasley is in the slot, who are your two outside receivers if brown misses games? 

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

I think i wanna keep Christian Wade...give him Tyree Jackson's Spot! ???

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't count towards the PS number. It's something special to do with that international program.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Yes. 

Would you really rather have ray ray getting 50+ snaps a game as an outside receiver? Or Roberts? 

If beasley is in the slot, who are your two outside receivers if brown misses games? 

I'd rather put McKenzie out there. He probably gets just as much separation, and even if he only caught the ball 50% of the time it would be an improvement. I think Duke pushes Ray Ray out, so maybe him.

45 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't count towards the PS number. It's something special to do with that international program.

I'd rather put McKenzie out there. He probably gets just as much separation, and even if he only caught the ball 50% of the time it would be an improvement. I think Duke pushes Ray Ray out, so maybe him.

PS number?? Please clarify I have no clue what this abbreviation mean

12 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

i think Coleman is still going to be #3. Munnerlyn a decent chance of being cut. Johnson probably secured #4 S but he always was going to. I doubt Zay will be cut but he could be traded for a low pick. I'm hoping for it. Shaq has played very well IMO.

Yep. Zay for a #5 is a good guess.

4 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Oh my god... The coaching staff vs. the fans on Zay Jones might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Zay Jones is a top player on this roster and is still on his rookie contract. He will not even be a consideration for cuts... I truly don't understand why fans have it out for him so much. I wonder if it's because fans had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a second-round draft pick, folks, and he hasn't been a disappointment.

He certainly has. Do you trust him to make an important catch ?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No chance Shaq is cut. He is more likely to sign an extension than he is to be cut. He played a nice game. He broke up that pass that he read perfectly and collapsed the pocket so that Harrison Phillips could clean up with that sack. I guess we watched different games.

Zay is a guy that would be surprising (but possible). I think guys like Coleman & Munnerlyn are vets that are on the bubble. Daryl Johnson may bump someone else off the roster too.

I'd be much less shocked to see Zay traded before he were to get cut.  I think the Captain makes the team as he's become Gaines replacement.  Think it's his spot to lose possibly by not being able to get up to game speed/shape in time.

Same with Shaq, traded, maybe, cut no!  Unless they want to either cut Love or keep 5 at DE can see a trade there.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or even two trades this week with surpluses at certain positions like WR, DE, and RB.  Maybe Shaq and-or Zay/Foster for a good backup tackle.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Zay certainly isn’t a “top player.” He was horrendous as a rookie. He graded out as the lowest graded receiver in football. He bounced back last year and was okay. Was he effective last year because the other WRs were so bad or is he now a decent NFL receiver? 

He also doesn’t have any differentiating skills. He has terrible hands. Zay is no more than a decent route runner. He doesn’t have great short area quickness nor does he stretch the field. Zay is just okay or worse at every skill (besides levitation). 

If the Bills decide that they need a mix of skill sets he COULD (again not likely) be the odd man out. They could try to trade him for a later round pick (hi Giants) or cut him.

Brown, Beasley and Roberts are locks. Foster and Zay are likely. McKenzie is getting close to likely. Ray-Ray, Duke, Phillips, and even Easley are trying to sneak up. It isn’t crazy to me to think that McKenzie passes Zay on the depth chart (if he hasn’t already). The Bills also may want the big body of Duke because they don’t have any size otherwise. They don’t have someone that can make that play he did yesterday. It’s not impossible to me to see the WR depth chart as Brown, Beasley, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, and Duke. 

Those are the 6 that I picked in a different topic. I think that Sills & perhaps Bolden go to the PS.

• Like (+1) 1