Who is your slightly surprising cut?

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I thought Shaq played well. No chance he is cut, he's had a good camp and games.

....agree....he is auditioning for a UFA deal in 2020....just curious........if you could get him at a reasonable number, would you re-sign him?.............

Oh my god... The coaching staff vs. the fans on Zay Jones might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Zay Jones is a top player on this roster and is still on his rookie contract. He will not even be a consideration for cuts... I truly don't understand why fans have it out for him so much. I wonder if it's because fans had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a second-round draft pick, folks, and he hasn't been a disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'd call DiMarco and H. Phillips my possible surprise cuts.

Also, I also expect 2 or 3 surprise TRADES before the season begins. Anyone else think so?

Beane could easily get a 4 - 6 round draft pick for one of their young receivers (Foster, McCloud, Phillips, McIntyre, or even Zay Jones) from a team in need, who's also low on the waiver wire list. Maybe they can score a third rounder for Zay.

I think the same is true for our depth on the Offensive Line and at Defensive Back.

The front office could move an older "next man up" to keep and develop a younger guy with potential, or vice versa.

What a great time to be a Bills fan. Go Bills!

8 hours ago, Chill said:

Tyreeeeeeeé Jax ☀️ 

If wouldn't be at all surprising if an undrafted rookie is cut. Plus, no need for a third QB on a deep 53. He'll live on the practice squad nicely this season.

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

His [Zay Jones'] disappearing act tonight was almost as impressive as the levitation thing. 

Did you watch the game pretty closely to see why he "disappeared" last night? Not his fault.

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Oh my god... The coaching staff vs. the fans on Zay Jones might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Zay Jones is a top player on this roster and is still on his rookie contract. He will not even be a consideration for cuts... I truly don't understand why fans have it out for him so much. I wonder if it's because fans had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a second-round draft pick, folks, and he hasn't been a disappointment.

Zay certainly isn’t a “top player.” He was horrendous as a rookie. He graded out as the lowest graded receiver in football. He bounced back last year and was okay. Was he effective last year because the other WRs were so bad or is he now a decent NFL receiver? 

He also doesn’t have any differentiating skills. He has terrible hands. Zay is no more than a decent route runner. He doesn’t have great short area quickness nor does he stretch the field. Zay is just okay or worse at every skill (besides levitation). 

If the Bills decide that they need a mix of skill sets he COULD (again not likely) be the odd man out. They could try to trade him for a later round pick (hi Giants) or cut him.

Brown, Beasley and Roberts are locks. Foster and Zay are likely. McKenzie is getting close to likely. Ray-Ray, Duke, Phillips, and even Easley are trying to sneak up. It isn’t crazy to me to think that McKenzie passes Zay on the depth chart (if he hasn’t already). The Bills also may want the big body of Duke because they don’t have any size otherwise. They don’t have someone that can make that play he did yesterday. It’s not impossible to me to see the WR depth chart as Brown, Beasley, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, and Duke. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t see it as Shaq. He’s still relatively cheap, and he’s “solid”. Not worth his draft status, but solid. It’s going to be a tough call though come cut time. Good football players will not make this team. 

Also an expiring contract and will get paid elsewhere so you’ll potentially see a good comp pick if we focus on adding stars and not a volume of guys next year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If the Bills decide that they need a mix of skill sets he COULD (again not likely) be the odd man out. They could try to trade him for a later round pick (hi Giants) or cut him.

Agreed.  The Detroit game may go a long way toward determining Zay's future here.   He'll likely get a lot of playing time and if we don't see much progress, I'd agree that Beane might look to get some kind of low round pick for him. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Zay certainly isn’t a “top player.” He was horrendous as a rookie. He graded out as the lowest graded receiver in football. He bounced back last year and was okay. Was he effective last year because the other WRs were so bad or is he now a decent NFL receiver? 

He also doesn’t have any differentiating skills. He has terrible hands. Zay is no more than a decent route runner. He doesn’t have great short area quickness nor does he stretch the field. Zay is just okay or worse at every skill (besides levitation). 

Brown, Beasley and Roberts are locks. Foster and Zay are likely. McKenzie is getting close to likely. Ray-Ray, Duke, Phillips, and even Easley are trying to sneak up. It isn’t crazy to me to think that McKenzie passes Zay on the depth chart (if he hasn’t already). The Bills also may want the big body of Duke because they don’t have any size otherwise. They don’t have someone that can make that play he did yesterday. It’s not impossible to me to see the WR depth chart as Brown, Beasley, Foster, McKenzie, Roberts, and Duke. 

Without zay you have very few guys that can “do it all” if brown misses time. I don’t love zay but he’s cheap and the prospect of:

beasley, Roberts and foster as our top 3 would have me a little worried about who the every down outside WR that runs the whole tree reliably is. 

• Like (+1) 2