10 observations Bills v. Panthers

7 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Did not see the game.  Zay Jones not in the box score. 

Did he not play much?  Is it time to trade for some draft capital?

I think its got to be a possibility  Maybe they can trade Zay and McCoy for picks

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I am in support of Tyree being amongst the set of first cuts. I was really pulling for him to make the team but he just doesnt seem to have it and we could use the roster spot elsewhere.

There is no such thing really as the first set of cuts. They go from 90 to 53 all in one day now. Sometimes teams will release guys a couple days before the deadline but for the most part, there used to be a first set but now there is only one.

20 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is Haushka really struggling?  This is the first I heard of this and am a bit surprised. 

I'm not sure I'd say he's "struggling".

But he is definitely a notch or 2 down from his former position of "invincible."

Hopefully he shakes this off and returns to his former form in the real season.

In a preseason game on offense, I look for a QB to march down the field smoothly and take what the defense gives them, as they show a very vanilla scheme.  I saw that tonight from Josh and was happy to see it.  His first two throws were catchable, but off the mark. After that, he was solid.  

Oliver was double teamed every play and I was hoping. That would lead to more pressure as Hughes and Murphy got single coverage and was disappointed.  We only got pressure when we sent 5. 

McKenzie had the play of the night for me on that screen pass.  To have the patience for his blockers to catch up and let the play develop in front of him was beautiful.  

WR cuts are going to be very hard and I don’t envy the coaching staff.  

I see us running with 2 QB’s this year. 

I too am slightly concerned with Hausch-money

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I wonder if maybe he is still getting used to a new holder? I don't know, he was money last season though. I believe he has a new holder this time if I'm not mistaken. Just a thought.

I don't hear other kickers using holders as an excuse.

Hauschka has not been the same since the injury. Even when the kick goes in, it kind of flutters through like a wounded duck, with little power and unnerving accuracy. We need a new kicker with a strong leg ASAP, and McD/Beane need to look past any loyalty to Hauschka.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I am in support of Tyree being amongst the set of first cuts. I was really pulling for him to make the team but he just doesnt seem to have it and we could use the roster spot elsewhere.

There is only one set of cuts.  He will not make the 53 man roster.  I could see the Bills keeping him on the PS for his raw physical ability, but he is nowhere near ready for the NFL.  If Josh Allen got hurt and Matt Barkley comes in to start a game or more, Buffalo will look for a free agent as insurance against Barkley getting hurt rather than calling up Tyree Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I wonder if maybe he is still getting used to a new holder? I don't know, he was money last season though. I believe he has a new holder this time if I'm not mistaken. Just a thought.

I was watching the holds on kicks. The missed fg the laces looked to be facing the right side line, not how you place a ball for a kick. It's hard to kick a football with the laces all akimbo.

Carter was holding. They need to get Barkley holding for House-money, and then figure out the punting mess.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Hausch hasn't been himself since he took that cheap shot last season.  Ball just doesn't have the same pop....

Cheap shot is putting it mildly. This may be extreme, but it reminded me of the hockey player(s) who faced criminal charges. No place for that crap. 

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

He did not play

Zay absolutely played on the first drive at least.

13 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

It's hard to kick a football with the laces all akimbo.

You win vocabulary MVP for Pre-season Week 2

• Like (+1) 2

Beasley looks like the centerpiece of the passing game.

Sweeney looks good.

Wade must be kept.

The defense is going to be very, very good.

They should bring in another center after cuts are made.

The kicking game is very troubling.

The overall talent level on this team is finally in the top half of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Zay absolutely played on the first drive at least.

You win vocabulary MVP for Pre-season Week 2

Ah he did? I didn’t remember seeing him out there, although the only reason I know foster did was be they said he was starting since brown was out, didn’t remember him other than that

20 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Hausch hasn't been himself since he took that cheap shot last season.  Ball just doesn't have the same pop....

I agree with this very good observation.  I was there at the game and was privy to seeing the FG attempt he missed from a side view.  His ball no longer penetrates.  It's like he's punching at the ball instead of kicking through it.  His leg looks weak at this point.  

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Ah he did? I didn’t remember seeing him out there, although the only reason I know foster did was be they said he was starting since brown was out, didn’t remember him other than that

You don't remember him because he did nothing.