10 observations Bills v. Panthers

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

When they were on the 6 inch line, it didn't surprise me that Allen didn't sneak.  But I was surprised that they gave it to McCoy instead of DiMarco.  He's gotta be toast.

DiMarco threw a beautiful lead block on that TD...

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I think McCoy is done. And with seeing the Rook actually picking up assignments in pass pro last night I really think we could be seeing the last days of McCoy in a Bills Uniform. 

I mean he didn't have any big breakout plays but he was serviceable in the 2 series he was in.

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm still a little worried about the o-line. I feel like the best thing we can say about them is that they won't be any worse that last years line.  But that doesn't mean much. Hopefully Allen improving in the passing game will help open things up in the running game.

They played a Legit DL. And was pretty good last night (while missing starters). And first time ever this year seeing a 3-4. I think they were really good 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he didn't have any big breakout plays but he was serviceable in the 2 series he was in.

He looked tentative and slow to me. Just like last year. Fully reserving my judgment until best week. 

Throughout Feb- June I have responded to the “Cut McCoy” comments with “ Not until they see him in camp and preseason”..

Now that they have seen him...I think he might be gone... he is being paid too much money and there is a lot of other competition..

Trading his expensive contract to another team for a pick or player is a pipe dream in my view..

48 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Throughout Feb- June I have responded to the “Cut McCoy” comments with “ Not until they see him in camp and preseason”..

Now that they have seen him...I think he might be gone... he is being paid too much money and there is a lot of other competition..

Trading his expensive contract to another team for a pick or player is a pipe dream in my view..

I think McCoy brings more to the team than just his on the field play.  He brings veteran leadership, and more importantly, he is a veteran who has fully supported Allen from day one last year which I think helped elevate Allen in his team mate's eyes as well.  I think the Allen - Shady relationship is important for Allen.  After Beane has said repeatedly that they are not going to cut Shady, I think it would be tough for him to reverse course and cut him now.  I think there would be some sideway glances in the locker room and it would undercut Beane's and McDermott's credibility with the team.

I fully expect Shady to be on the starting 53 and think the Bills will roll with Shady, Gore, Singletary, and DiMarco.  I think the rest of the RB room fails to make the cut.  Of those cuts Perry will be the difficult one with his special team ability, but if it comes down to a last spot on the roster and it's either Perry or Darryl Johnson or Perry or McKenzie I think they let Perry walk.  

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4

18 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Who else thinks Feliciano is a beast who can be a starter at this level? 

For some reason I'm not as worried as I should be about Morse. First of all, he'll be back on the field any day now. Second of all, the Bills have contingency plans in case their starting center can't play. Feliciano is big and mean. Long can back up in the pivot. But the way Feliciano rallied to support whichever WR got hit out of bounds in the first quarter, getting right up in the defender's face...it showed a lot. He's part of the team's plans moving forward.

Of course let's hope Morse is able to play this season without complications from yet another concussion. But other NFL players have persevered through such histories; Luke Keuchly, for example, is a guy who has garnered mucho attention for head injuries in the past, but is not currently viewed as a high risk guy (by Bills fans, at least). 

I’m with you on this. Watch the Shady TD. He and Long create a huge hole and DiMarco takes care of the LB. 

This may be the deepest OL group they’ve had in a long time. 

28 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think McCoy brings more to the team than just his on the field play.  He brings veteran leadership, and more importantly, he is a veteran who has fully supported Allen from day one last year which I think helped elevate Allen in his team mate's eyes as well.  I think the Allen - Shady relationship is important for Allen.  After Beane has said repeatedly that they are not going to cut Shady, I think it would be tough for him to reverse course and cut him now.  I think there would be some sideway glances in the locker room and it would undercut Beane's and McDermott's credibility with the team.

I fully expect Shady to be on the starting 53 and think the Bills will roll with Shady, Gore, Singletary, and DiMarco.  I think the rest of the RB room fails to make the cut.  Of those cuts Perry will be the difficult one with his special team ability, but if it comes down to a last spot on the roster and it's either Perry or Darryl Johnson or Perry or McKenzie I think they let Perry walk.  

very good post.

another one actually : )

and the bolded. ?

i think that is how they go into the season.

feel bad for Perry. he works hard.

but can see Mac and DJ vying for the last spots on 53. tough as all 3 have played ball

23 minutes ago, TPS said:

I’m with you on this. Watch the Shady TD. He and Long create a huge hole and DiMarco takes care of the LB. 

oh there is no question about this.
giddy up Bills !

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TPS said:

I wanted to go back and figure out who opened that hole.  Thanks.  At the one yard line you dont very often see defensive lines driven back like that.  

On 8/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

Wow.  And to think we just hired a new SpT coordinator.  

Yes, but our coverage and return teams have been outstanding. You can only coach a guy to punt the ball so much...

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yes, but our coverage and return teams have been outstanding. You can only coach a guy to punt the ball so much...

Good point.  I should have thought about special teams scheme.  Sounds like Houshka and our punter just have some kinks to work out.

18 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Good point.  I should have thought about special teams scheme.  Sounds like Houshka and our punter just have some kinks to work out.

Houshka has had that kink in his back since the deplorable cheap shot. At this point I wonder if it’s more physical or mental? 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Houshka has had that kink in his back since the deplorable cheap shot. At this point I wonder if it’s more physical or mental? 

He’s had a different holder 50% of the time through preseason as well to this point 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

He’s had a different holder 50% of the time through preseason as well to this point 

That’s a good point I had not considered. Whatever it is, I hope they get it worked out....and SOON. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

That’s a good point I had not considered. Whatever it is, I hope they get it worked out....and SOON. 

I think that’s gonna be a big portion of it. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd make his basically audition during the next 2 games.  If he still is missing kicks, I'd take the K the Panthers release.

I’d do this too