10 observations Bills v. Panthers

RB position

Shady

Gore

Singletary

they are locks to make the roster, then

TY Yeldon had some nice receptions for first downs and didn't cough up the ball, that's a plus, but he has zero phyisicality as a runner and goes down at first contact. I know is late in his career but he should have switched to WR in his rookie year.

Murphy he's decisive as a runner and hits the hole hard, I really like him and Wade has shown some really nice flashes of playmaking ability. Perry had a bad fumble but out of the last four RBs mentiones he's the one that offers more versatility to the roster, given that he's a good ST player.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The throw to Shady was fine and should have been caught.  And the first throw to Beasley looked like he thought Beasley would be where he threw it. 

Doc, I'm trying to sound like less of a homer.  Help a brother out, here.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fixxxer said:

RB position

Shady

Gore

Singletary

they are locks to make the roster, then

TY Yeldon had some nice receptions for first downs and didn't cough up the ball, that's a plus, but he has zero phyisicality as a runner and goes down at first contact. I know is late in his career but he should have switched to WR in his rookie year.

Murphy he's decisive as a runner and hits the hole hard, I really like him and Wade has shown some really nice flashes of playmaking ability. Perry had a bad fumble but out of the last four RBs mentiones he's the one that offers more versatility to the roster, given that he's a good ST player.

Wade can be picked-up by another team (and be put on their 53) if the Bills cut him.  I think he's a lock now.

Just now, Gugny said:

Doc, I'm trying to  sound like less of a homer.  Help a brother out, here.

There are things to legitimately criticize him over.  Perfect placement isn't one of them.  A receiver's job is to catch anything within his catch radius.  Beasley did that and Shady should have done that.  And I still think Zay could and should have caught that low pass from Josh last week.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wade can be picked-up by another team (and be put on their 53) if the Bills cut him.  I think he's a lock now.

Are you 100% sure on that? If the Bills allocate him as the free 11th spot on PS I thought he could just be put there without being subject to waivers 

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

Are you 100% sure on that? If the Bills allocate him as the free 11th spot on PS I thought he could just be put there without being subject to waivers 

That's what dje said and it makes sense.  If the Bills don't think he is worth making the roster, another team should have a chance to put him on theirs.

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

If this is true -and I’ve seen nothing to indicate this, given the ‘specialness’ of this unique scenario, then Bye Bye Yeldon, Murphy, Perry & DiMarco.

7 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Why don’t you marry him then?

Strange post. Have you SEEN BrittWill??

Gugny/BrittWill. ?‍♂️ Tough call.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If this is true -and I’ve seen nothing to indicate this, given the ‘specialness’ of this unique scenario, then Bye Bye Yeldon, Murphy. Perry & DiMarco.

Strange post. Have you SEEN BrittWill??

Gugny/BrittWill. ?‍♂️ Tough call.

When they were on the 6 inch line, it didn't surprise me that Allen didn't sneak.  But I was surprised that they gave it to McCoy instead of DiMarco.  He's gotta be toast.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

When they were on the 6 inch line, it didn't surprise me that Allen didn't sneak.  But I was surprised that they gave it to McCoy instead of DiMarco.  He's gotta be toast.

I’ve been thinking that since we lured him away from the Falcons SB team. Not the 1st time I’ve been wrong. McDermott ❤️‘s him.

fwiw, Shady SCORED on the play before. Dammit.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve been thinking that since we lured him away from the Falcons SB team. Not the 1st time I’ve been wrong. McDermott ❤️‘s him.

fwiw, Shady SCORED on the play before. Dammit.

Tough to see from the one replay they showed for 3 seconds.  But I thought he got in, too.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If this is true -and I’ve seen nothing to indicate this, given thee ‘specialness’ of this unique scenario, then Bye Bye Yeldon, Murphy. Perry & DiMarco.

It makes sense.  The idea of this pathway is to get the players to actually play in the NFL.  If the Bills don't think he's worth a roster spot and cut him, another team might and should be able to put him on their roster.  Giving a protected/11thb  spot on the PS comes with the cost of not being able to activate them to the roster.

12 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Don't know why but I'm just not worried about Hauschka. He's a pro and IIRC hasn't cost us a game with a miss since he's been here.

Wade is very intriguing. Like to see him play against the starting opposing defenses to get a better feel. He's got great balance and runs like his hair is on fire. 

Josh has really taken his intermediate game seriously and it shows. Sweeney and Beasley will see a lot of targets with Brown and Foster keeping the safeties honest.

Singletary has surprisingly good hands for someone who didn't receive much in college.     

Josh has rarely had time to throw the deep ball.  Seeing it live, helped.  I guess in the grand scheme - the o line could be doing him a short term favor by helping him develop.  Long term - they need to get better.

13 hours ago, White Linen said:

I agree with this very good observation.  I was there at the game and was privy to seeing the FG attempt he missed from a side view.  His ball no longer penetrates.  It's like he's punching at the ball instead of kicking through it.  His leg looks weak at this point.  

Yeah. Kinda like my golf swing.

2 hours ago, billykay said:

Yeah. Kinda like my golf swing.

The perfect analogy.  It's exactly like the golf swing.  

When you're not confident,  it becomes a tense swing.  

He looks like he's guiding the ball (aiming).  

In warm ups he was booming the ball nicely.  It's in his head - I think - and I'm a bit nervous. 

16 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Wade is very intriguing. Like to see him play against the starting opposing defenses to get a better feel. He's got great balance and runs like his hair is on fire. 

I would love to see Wade on KR/PR. He is hard to tackle once he gets the ball.

Also would like to see him for a few plays with the starting OL. See what he can do.

One explosive play in each game so far, with limited touches.