They Might...Just Might, Be Really Good

theRalph

I know you can't weight a preseason performance too much, but I remember watching too many Bills preseason games where the Bills' performance looked a lot like what Arizona was doing in the first half last night, and the starters looked like the Bills' third stringers tonight.

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, a little over animated a bit here?  I mean everyone gets its preseason, not sure why people always have to come in and flip out when people are enjoying seeing some positive signs out of the team.  No one is fooling themselves as if this is a perfect test of their potential, but calm down as its ok to also be optimistic based off of encouraging signs.  

I mean its a helluva a lot better than looking bad out there lol

As opposed to last preseason when we were wondering which QB we'd blindfold and put in front of a firing squad, I'd say it's an improvement.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Many cannot accept that fact.  They are too broken from the past and can't look forward.

Allen plays good in a preseason game.................don't mean nothing.

Allen plays bad in a preseason game................see i told you he sucks.

Let them have their fun.

Well here's the thing. Allen CLEARLY is being coached to not do what he did last year, which is eschew the short throws for the downfield heaves.

He's looking for the underneath stuff, the easy stuff, the pitch and catch. With his arm strength (and Beasley alluded to this) the ball will get there before the defense can react. The value in an arm that can get the ball 80 yards downfield isn't usually getting the ball 80 yards down the field - it's getting that 8 yard curl there .003 faster than it should. In the NFL, sometimes, that's all the difference you need.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I wouldn't really say I wqs animated, but any semblance of realism has been met hy crap like this in this thread so it's par for the course.

Preseason doesn't mean anything to me, sorry.

I get that, but just seemed like you were a bit worked up over it.  I mean everyone should realize not to put too much stock in preseason, heck the 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in that years preseason.  But it is nice to see the things we have been looking for in Josh, Cole, the run game, the D, etc.  So I think its cool to enjoy the positive signs, albeit should always be done with some cautious optimism until they are truly tested in regular season.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsQuebec said:

I'm thinking about betting them to make the playoffs at +375 or to win the division at +1025.

I've already wagered close to $7,000 to win $5,300 on them to win more than 6.5 games this year; I feel great about the bet despite Morse's injury.

Nice. I'm on the over win total as well. But I got it at 7. Still liking it.

I really can’t get too excited to see the defensive starters look a little shaky against Carolinas Allen. No cam or McCaffrey or Olsen and that kid moved the ball pretty good. 

Got to say I do love the Allen to Beasley connection though. Beasley is completely uncoverable at all times. He had every right to be upset about his usage in Dallas. As others have said he will be a huge key to Allen’s magical 60% completion (that so many benchmark if he’s a good QB or not) 

These guys look like they could win 6.5 games this year ?

But seriously, they do look good AND they haven’t played anyone. It means something but not everything. Blah blah blah cliche. 

Could have a top 15 defense and a top 20 offense, might get interesting. IF we stay healthy and players progress, I think the bills go all in for a Super Bowl run next season. Will still be on Allen’s rookie contract etc.  might be a fun season...

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Many cannot accept that fact.  They are too broken from the past and can't look forward.

Let them have their fun.

Yes! Time to live a little and have some optimism. Time to break the cycle of codependence from the past!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bdutton said:

Lots of depth... good quality players at all levels except maybe TE.  TE we are ok but not after the first or second string.

One thing to take away from this is Carolina was not ready.  lots of penalties... hands to the face and holding biggest among the errors they committed.  Not a disciplined team.

The Bills 2nd string had a ton of penalties in that 3rd quarter.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Let them have their fun.

What is wrong with that.  If he played bad against scrubs, then obviously he sucks.