They Might...Just Might, Be Really Good

theRalph

3 minutes ago, BillsQuebec said:

You didn't get very good odds. Almost all bookies have the Bills at 100 to 1 to win the Super Bowl, so your return should be 10k. Where did you place your bet? Good luck buddy!

Dang you're right. I just checked. Now they're +10000 (100 to 1). I made the bet back in July is probably why.

31 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Yes. But you see, we're not talking about Tuel or Peterman. 

Peterman having an awesome preseason.

2 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

Did the Browns not go 4-0 in preseason once to end up 0-16 in regular season?  Or am I grossly miss remembering something?

Lions & Browns both went 4-0 then 0-16.

1 minute ago, NC Book said:

Dang you're right. I just checked. Now they're +10000 (100 to 1). I made the bet back in July is probably why.

I'm thinking about betting them to make the playoffs at +375 or to win the division at +1025.

I've already wagered close to $7,000 to win $5,300 on them to win more than 6.5 games this year; I feel great about the bet despite Morse's injury.

• Like (+1) 1

Not saying they will be amazing...but again all those folks saying "it's just the preseason"...I am wondering if the tune would change if Allen was wildly inaccurate, the D was porous, and the coaching staff seemed lost?  My guess is the whole mantra of "it's just the preseason" would evaporate and would be replaced with doom and gloom.  

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Not saying they will be amazing...but again all those folks saying "it's just the preseason"...I am wondering if the tune would change if Allen was wildly inaccurate, the D was porous, and the coaching staff seemed lost?  My guess is the whole mantra of "it's just the preseason" would evaporate and would be replaced with doom and gloom.  

It's obvious the Panthers took it easy on us as a favor to a former DC.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Late to the party, and I'm sure it's been said, but Allen was terrific tonight. Some of you may know I'm a skeptic, but my confidence meter definitely ticked up. He was sharp, decisive and accurate. I saw what I REALLY wanted to see. Hitting receivers(mainly Beasley) IN STRIDE, looked confident, and took what the defense gave him. We didn't have a "cutter" like Beasley last season, but I don't know if he'd have been ready anyways. He's clearly worked on his mechanics and as expected, the short game and the areas in which he's struggled. I'm not ready to join the Allen brigade, but that was the best I've seen him play. That includes the Miami game last season where he put up bigtime stats.

Beasley is a STUD and Sweeney looks legit to me. I had my doubts about Knox and still do, but they may have struck gold in the 7th. 

Levi Wallace is the number 2 corner. Star is still Star. I'm NOT a fan. 

It's the preseason, so take it for what it's worth. You have to be encouraged by JA even if you don't place much stock in these games.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

No Luck, no Newton. Calm down.

Has nothing to do with the defense or the score tonight. Murphy got the one sack, but I'm underwhelmed by the overall pressure we're generating.

The reason for optimism is that JA demonstrated things he's NEVER demonstrated before. It's a preseason game. He could suck next week and end up not working out. But even the most ardent skeptic(myself included) HAD to take note of the improvement tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

Just got home from the game about 20 minutes ago, wanted to see what everyone’s thoughts were. I’ll tell ya what. I don’t know how it looked on TV, but we looked REALLY good tonight. Absolutely dominated the panthers in all three phases. DB’s in particular looked really good in person. All of the Panthers fans around us were stunned at how good the Bills looked. I even heard a “I thought the Bills sucked?” From one pissed off fan.

So so pumped for 2019.

And by the way. Teams better find a way to stop Cole Beasley. He is going to be a MONSTER for us this year

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3