GDT: Bills at Panthers 7PM

Nextmanup

1 hour ago, dje85 said:

He has to go on waivers before he can be put on the practice squad. I am correct.

That's only if they want to use him during the year. He goes straight to the practice squad in the extra position otherwise, but they can't move him to the 53. I don't see the benefit to this since he's on a 1 year deal, but that's what it is. No other team can get him if they put him in the 11th ps position...period.

17 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not if they choose the 11th freebie spot. You would be wrong. That is an easy one.

16 hours ago, sabrecrazed said:

That's only if they want to use him during the year. He goes straight to the practice squad in the extra position otherwise, but they can't move him to the 53. I don't see the benefit to this since he's on a 1 year deal, but that's what it is. No other team can get him if they put him in the 11th ps position...period.

I hadn't heard that before. Where'd you guys get this information from. Every time I heard info it stated that he would have to pass waivers if we we chose not to 53 man roster him. If true I was wrong and I'm sorry for bringing bad info to the table. 

Also, I still would roster him. He seems like a possible gamebreaker. Even if it is only two or three plays a game. Would be a waste to ruin so much potential sitting him all year. 

Edited by dje85

3 minutes ago, dje85 said:

I hadn't heard that before. Where'd you guys get this information from. Every time I heard info it stated that he would have to pass waivers if we we chose not to 53 man roster him. If true I was wrong and I'm sorry for bringing bad info to the table. 

Also, I still would roster him. He seems like a possible gamebreaker. Even if it is only two or three plays a game. Would be a waste to ruin so much potential sitting him all year. 

It's the same situation with every AFC east team. They all have an international player and an 11th ps position for that player.

I agree, but I think it's going to be a numbers game. I think he'll go to the designated position. 

31 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

It's the same situation with every AFC east team. They all have an international player and an 11th ps position for that player.

I agree, but I think it's going to be a numbers game. I think he'll go to the designated position. 

According to Sal I was right. This is all sorts of confusing. Meh, I'll just see how it turns out. 

jZG90r3m_bigger.jpg

He can make the 53 man roster. If he doesn’t he must clear waivers and then can be signed to the Bills 10-man PS, the Bills PS as an 11th exempt member, or another team’s 10-man PS.