GDT: Bills at Panthers 7PM

Nextmanup

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Did anyone else notice the clock ran out on that last throw?

And then they put 1 second back on the clock so they could make the kick?

WTF?

That's because the receiver fell out of bounds with 1 second left and the clock people were slow.

3 minutes ago, Simstim said:

A few random thoughts this halftime.

Bills look sharp, deep.

The team looks to be humming nicely. Revving up at the right time and the right speed so they hit the season start with purpose.

Allen getting ever closer to looking like the real deal.

How nice is it to have 2 QBs that we are confident in?

Liking the wideout competition this year. Could really do with one of the big boys - Sills V or Williams - stepping up and claiming that last slot though. Good TD catch by Williams. Exactly what he needed.

RB room looks healthy, although I am still concerned about shady. And fumblitis from our lower downs.

I think this might well be a good year for Lawson. Seems to be putting it together nicely. And in such good shape. Contract year, who'd have thunk it?

Ed Oliver. Be still my beating heart. I think we have a superstar on our hands. Probably.

It's really fun to see us looking good in preseason. Enjoying this, albeit with the obvious caveats in place.

Must say that the thing that has impressed me most in the 1 and a 1/2 games (and camp reports to some extent) thus far is the depth in our D. Whatever happens with the offense this year, our defense should be outstanding.

On the other hand both teams we have played have been utter poop and have been missing key starters. And of course, it's just silly/preseaon. Not allowing me to get carried away. Which is irksome.

Oh, and hi, nice to meet you all. Bills fan since '91. Bring back the red lids*

*only joking to all you white lid fans, I know you are right - it's just when I started supporting the Bills... well you know the rest.

Welcome! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, That's No Moon said:

I know Carolina is sitting several starters.  Even with that does anyone remember the Bills laying a PS beatdown like this in a half?  We look like crap in August so much I thought it had been codified into law.

Nope.  This squad seems different.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He took a shot to the head, his head whipped around so it's either concussion or neck.  They let him walk off so you'd hope not neck though it could be whiplash.

Thanks!

They had him completely strapped down, including his head and he was in the tent a solid 10 minutes.

Scary

How ‘ bout them Bills!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Zay Jones

Zero chance. Zay is, easily, the 3rd best WR on the roster. That’s more an indictment of the WR depth in the Bills than it is an endorsement of Jones though.

Jones gets open all the time. Yep, his hands are suspect but nobody on the Bills except Beasley gets open nearly as often as he does.

Its easier to hate on a guy who gets open and drops some balls than on a guy who rarely gets open. The guy who rarely gets open just disappears and nobody notices him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

? no shot 

Doesn't have to be Slye, but you can't ignore that Hauschka has struggled and just doesn't look like himself (following his injury last year).

On top of that, our staff just spent 3 days with Carolina and plenty of opportunity to review Slye at practice