Josh Gordon reinstated

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, eanyills said:

This is the right move. The league is moving towards more restorative drug and mental health policies instead of simply suspending guys who need help.

Eff the Pats but this is a good step for the league to take.

Then change the rules first.

• Like (+1) 3

Wow

54 minutes ago, eanyills said:

This is the right move. The league is moving towards more restorative drug and mental health policies instead of simply suspending guys who need help.

Eff the Pats but this is a good step for the league to take.

If they really do continue the transition it is, if not it's just another tuggy for kraft

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I blame Trump.

Trump is the reason Kaep was benched for Gabbert, then forced to void his own contract.

Not the reason any of that happened, but 100% of the reason he isn't signed. If you followed the stock market, you'd see that. This country lost A trillion dollars because of a tweet this week.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

I'm actually fine with the reinstatement. It's the guy's livelihood. Give him a chance to make some money and contribute while he still has some game left.

Didn't this guy specifically quit the NFL to preserve his sanity? If he comes back now he'll be on the same level of sanity with many posters to this site. :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I'm actually fine with the reinstatement. It's the guy's livelihood. Give him a chance to make some money and contribute while he still has some game left.

***** him, he has had many chances already. Regular Joe's making $30,000 a year lose jobs all the time due to failing drug tests. You might get one chance to clean yourself up, but after that, you're pretty much out the door. The NFL is a joke. Guy has made millions and has been caught what, 3 or 4 times already. Wish I had his opportunities.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Why in the name of everything holy does Colin Kaepernick live in THIS MANY head's rent free? I rarely see him discussed anymore elsewhere. INSANE.

As the TOPIC, I hope things work out for Gordon, but I don't believe it will. I think him demons will always be stronger than his will. I know the struggle and it's real. Always like to see guys overcome addiction issues, but I don't see it happening.

i hope you are wrong, he seems like a good dude with problems..and while i will never root for him on the field whilst in that uni, i will root like hell for him to overcome his demons

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Not the reason any of that happened, but 100% of the reason he isn't signed. If you followed the stock market, you'd see that. This country lost A trillion dollars because of a tweet this week.

Elway (at least) offered him a contract, but for backup money.  He's only unsigned because he wants starter money.  He's not going to get it unless he starts off playing for backup money and shows he's worth starter money again.  I suspect he knows he's not worthy of starting anymore in the league and doesn't want to go out and actually prove that that's true, instead making people think he could still be a starter and being outraged that he's not signed.

5 hours ago, vincec said:

LOL!  How many times would you be given to ***** up and still keep your job?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  How many times would you be given to ***** up and still keep your job?

I may be fired but I wouldn't be banned from ever working in my profession again. Besides being illegal, that seem cruel and spiteful to me.

5 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

***** him, he has had many chances already. Regular Joe's making $30,000 a year lose jobs all the time due to failing drug tests. You might get one chance to clean yourself up, but after that, you're pretty much out the door. The NFL is a joke. Guy has made millions and has been caught what, 3 or 4 times already. Wish I had his opportunities.

If there is a team willing to take the risk then who is the league to stop them? It seems punitive.

Edited by vincec

14 minutes ago, vincec said:

I may be fired but I wouldn't be banned from ever working in my profession again. Besides being illegal, that seem cruel and spiteful to me.

Actions have consequences.  There's always the CFL, AFL...

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i hope you are wrong, he seems like a good dude with problems..and while i will never root for him on the field whilst in that uni, i will root like hell for him to overcome his demons

Same 100%. Would love to be proven wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Why in the name of everything holy does Colin Kaepernick live in THIS MANY head's rent free? I rarely see him discussed anymore elsewhere. INSANE

Always going to be a few crusaders who can’t resist jumping back up on their soapbox.

It’s not really even about Kap anymore, who is ancient history in the NFL.  It’s just a name that represents their particular flavor of political rant.

• Like (+1) 1