Ruben Brown on Mitch Morse: “It Might Be It For Him” & Carwell Gardner is “Severely Suffering”

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

How “guaranteed” is guaranteed money if the guy never takes a single snap in a Bills uniform?

Just curious, obviously hoping the guy comes back and returns to All Pro form.  But let’s be real here, these interior lineman maul each other, and it’s only a matter of when, not IF, he suffers another one.

So, worse case scenario, hypothetically he’s deemed too much of a liability to put on the field, is there generally some injury settlement in extreme circumstances such as this, or would Buffalo be on the hook for the full guarantee?  

If he doesn’t get the full guarantee for a career ending injury that occurs in a team activity, when exactly do you think he would? 

If cleared by docs and still hangs them up it’s different but in the unlikely situation that he never passes the tests of course we are on the hook. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's in stage 4.  They're just giving him all the time they can to recuperate. 

I don’t think independent doctors get to judge that it’s preseason and not the playoffs. If he passes the tests they can gladly not play him for a few more weeks but the doctors should not and hopefully are not gaming their diagnosis based on it being camp. 

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Who's 'they'? If it was up to McDermott and Beane he would be out there.

"They" is any from among Morse, McD, Beane, the trainers and team doctor(s).  I have no doubt he'll play opening day.  How long he stays concussion-free after that...

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t think independent doctors get to judge that it’s preseason and not the playoffs. If he passes the tests they can gladly not play him for a few more weeks but the doctors should not and hopefully are not gaming their diagnosis based on it being camp. 

The more time they give him the better.  I'd rather save him for the regular season, even if it means some hiccups when he plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2019 at 4:42 PM, I am the egg man said:

When I played tyro and high school football they'd wave smelling salts under my nose when I "got my bell rung".....translation: I didn't know what happened.

Me fine now.

dude, your head is all red.  look at your avatar.  Really fine now ;)  

On 8/18/2019 at 8:30 PM, nucci said:

Getting hit in the head.......like all other players?

Wouldn’t even take a hit to the head. Any abrupt cessation of the direction his head happens to be moving in at the time could do it. A jolt to the shoulder pads while he’s leading a sweep, for instance. Or a whiplash action of some sort. 

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Wouldn’t even take a hit to the head. Any abrupt cessation of the direction his head happens to be moving in at the time could do it. A jolt to the shoulder pads while he’s leading a sweep, for instance. Or a whiplash action of some sort. 

I just went with the obvious one

• Like (+1) 1