Ruben Brown on Mitch Morse: “It Might Be It For Him” & Carwell Gardner is “Severely Suffering”

2 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

FeliCano has shown that is a great back up to Morse and huge upgrade over bodine. 

I have gained respect for Feliciano, the more reps he is getting. and of course how he plays the game.

but mentioning Bodine?

it is easy to see the difference. our back up center is quite acceptable so far.

Long might be nearly as serviceable with the solid line Bills have.
Morse is seeming more like a bit of sausage gravy to me than an absolute need

and yes i was thrilled with his aquisition 

Edited by 3rdand12

On August 16, 2019 at 3:52 PM, unbillievable said:

Doug Whaley/Nix built a REALLY good roster... with the exception of a quarterback. They don't deserve the hate they get here for that... maybe for Rex, but many people loved that move then too.

It's been said that every GM/Couch will be judged by their choice of quarterback, no matter how well he does everywhere else. I guess it's true.

This delusion dies so hard...

On 8/16/2019 at 4:06 PM, MJS said:

Bunch of useless speculation. Completely silly to be guessing about Morse and his situation. He could go on and play another 10 years, or he could be done tomorrow. Nobody knows anything.

Well, it might be "useless speculation" to you but the reality is that Morse's symptoms from his latest concussion have already lasted three or four weeks, which is far longer than any poster on TSW thought they would when he was put into concussion protocol.   Lingering symptoms from head trauma are clear indicators of the serious of the injury.  Since this was an injury that occurred in practice where hits are much more controlled than during games, Morse's future is very much in doubt.   Concussions aren't like broken bones or ligament damage or muscle injuries that heal over time, and players can have long careers without ever experiencing that injury again.  The evidence is pretty clear that concussions become more likely and more serious the more of them a player has.   

On 8/16/2019 at 3:41 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ruben was always a smart and solid player.  On Mitch that is just the reality.

Carwell Gardner was the one that had to be restrained from going into the Dolphins locker room to go after Bryan Cox, a Bills fan favorite.

Carwell Gardner is one of my all time favorite Bills!   

On 8/16/2019 at 4:01 PM, brianthomas said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but I'm sure we all kinda wish we would've gone after Paradis instead, given what has happened with Morse.

Sure you could say: 'we had no way of knowing this would happen". But at the same time, Morse plays a position that is 1 of the more violent places to play. If someone has a history of concussions there, then theres a relatively decent sized risk that he could get more. The question had to be asked before we signed him: 'what if he gets another one?' I'd think Beane & company would've considered that. Did they just determine we'll deal with it IF it happens?

Regardless its bad for Morse, bad for us & our Bills. Hopefully he pulls thru but if he doesnt, I hope this is a learning experience for Beane & he won't go after players with this particular injury history in the future, at such a crucial position on the most physical part of the field.

Hindsight is 20/20 but most here had heard of the guys concussion history before he got here, I myself as well as many others I am sure thought why sign him to the  highest contract a center has ever received, obviously hoping for the best. Just never figured it could possibly bite them in the ass this quick.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Still in concussion protocol as of today (Sun 8/18). 

He's finished.

Extremely unfortunate but when you have a gambler as General Manager this will happen.

Let's hope Feliciano steps in and can become the long-term solution we were hoping for with Morse.

Perhaps so. Or perhaps we’re just taking it slow, precautionary measures if you will. Doubt Morse hangs em up. Too much money on the line.

He's finished.

Extremely unfortunate but when you have a gambler as General Manager this will happen.

Let's hope Feliciano steps in and can become the long-term solution we were hoping for with Morse.

Wayne, this could be your most dramatic post ever.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sunshower said:

Perhaps so. Or perhaps we’re just taking it slow, precautionary measures if you will. Doubt Morse hangs em up. Too much money on the line.

1 minute ago, Sunshower said:

Real concussion protocol is much more stringent than the BS the nfl does. Both my daughters got one playing soccer and the shortest it lasted was 4-5 weeks. If you are truly trying to be 100% symptom free, this is what it takes...

• Like (+1) 1

He's finished.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Are you sure? I thought I saw someone post his contract and it had an injury clause.

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

Bills know what they have in Morse and looking who can replace him ?
good to see these other men getting solid reps.

but yes i would like to see him earn his pay.

it was worth the effort by Beane imo to bring him in, sens a signal as well. Bills are not cheap when it come to looking after Allen

• Like (+1) 1

How “guaranteed” is guaranteed money if the guy never takes a single snap in a Bills uniform?

Just curious, obviously hoping the guy comes back and returns to All Pro form.  But let’s be real here, these interior lineman maul each other, and it’s only a matter of when, not IF, he suffers another one.

So, worse case scenario, hypothetically he’s deemed too much of a liability to put on the field, is there generally some injury settlement in extreme circumstances such as this, or would Buffalo be on the hook for the full guarantee?  

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

If it was caused in practice,  the team is in the hook for the money. Most contracts are guaranteed for injury.

2 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Real concussion protocol is much more stringent than the BS the nfl does. Both my daughters got one playing soccer and the shortest it lasted was 4-5 weeks. If you are truly trying to be 100% symptom free, this is what it takes...

There are kids playing HS football rn who got through concussion protocol in 1 week

I've seen it 

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's finished.

He's in stage 4.  They're just giving him all the time they can to recuperate.