All Pro Safety Derwin James has the dreaded Jones Fracture

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

You may have been making a very dry joke about the wording about a guy with a Jones foot injury and 'taking steps', in which case I see what you did there ;)

If a serious question it's been covered here a bit, buy he can choose to let the injury heal naturally, which probably means a lost season, but no surgery (14-20 weeks)

He can have surgery and the recovery time is 6-8 weeks, but this injury and surgery are notorious for not being successful on the first attempt.

Dez, Juio, Sammy 'tenderfoot' Watkins, and Edelman all elected to have surgery but needed a second one.

Even after a second surgery Dez and Sammy were not the same player. Edelman and Julio came back to pre-injury form, but it took a year.

touch choice for a guy who played at an all-pro level in his rookie season, and has his whole career ahead of him

I expect it will depend how the team is going in November as to whether they bring him back this year. It’s so risky to rush this type of recovery.  And I assume they will prioritize long term over short term with this particular player. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expect it will depend how the team is going in November as to whether they bring him back this year. It’s so risky to rush this type of recovery.  And I assume they will prioritize long term over short term with this particular player. 

I don't think the 'next steps' is about having James play this year. I think the decision is to have surgery or not which of course will be made in the next week or so.

They have to be one of the most snakebite teams in the league.  So much talent and always see to get burned by injuries.  Luckily, they don’t really have fans.

crazy idea but would you trade one of our starters to them?  I actually feel great about our secondary and it’s definitely McDermott’s strength.?

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I don't think the 'next steps' is about having James play this year. I think the decision is to have surgery or not which of course will be made in the next week or so.

I think he’s definitely having the surgery 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh well.  At least the Chargers won't be stinking up the playoffs again this year.

They are still good enough to get there but that division won’t be easy to win