Jets LB Avery Williamson out for the year

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

aaaaand yet vegas still has us as 3.5 underdogs.    

they still have QW, CJ mosely and adams down the middle.

I got a little action on the Bills when I was in Vegas in June.  Odds were only 3 at that point.  Must be the Jets fans are drinking the kool aid and changing the odds with their betting behavior.  Half a point isn't much, but, it is a move.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Injuries suck....  Don't we know that all to well

I don't know that it can be easily quantified, but I'm certain that every year, injuries have a significant impact on the standings, and who goes to the playoffs.

56 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I got a little action on the Bills when I was in Vegas in June.  Odds were only 3 at that point.  Must be the Jets fans are drinking the kool aid and changing the odds with their betting behavior.  Half a point isn't much, but, it is a move.

i'm not much of a bettor but isn't the 3.5 a demarcation of the home team?  so if the home team is -3.5 it's essentially even and they are calling out the "home field advantage"

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

This is really too bad. I'll never understand how and why players seem to tear their ACL so often.

I *think* it was an ACL that Takeo Spikes tore during a game when he was with the Bills. I just remember he absolutely knew what happened the moment it happened, and was slamming his helmet on the turf out of frustration more than anything.

I thought it was an ruptured Achilles for Spikes. 

Go Bills!!!

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I don't know that it can be easily quantified, but I'm certain that every year, injuries have a significant impact on the standings, and who goes to the playoffs.

they also impact perceived values of GM's and Coaches. You find out which teams are built with quality depth and have a coach who can manage the situations. Some teams manage to keep finding ways to win after injuries, for other teams the wheels fall off.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea another blow for their D. If he and Trumaine Johnson are both down for week 1 that is two big pieces of their D missing vs the Bills and they don't have great defensive depth. 

I'm kinda hoping Trumaine Johnson is healthy...he's not good.

1 hour ago, Say When... said:

i'm not much of a bettor but isn't the 3.5 a demarcation of the home team?  so if the home team is -3.5 it's essentially even and they are calling out the "home field advantage"

I think the number is 3. So in this case they are essentially getting a lucky ball bounce as an advantage. 

I feel bad for the person. The team and their fans? Not so much! 

News like this is the reason I hate to hear “news” about the Bills in preseason. Most of this is so unnecessary. Four games is just silly IMO. (I know, I know, it can happen in practice or crossing over a slippery mat, but there is more preseason than we need.)