NFL head coach job-security rankings - McDermott Ranked 12th

MJS

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Doug said he and Rex used to finish each other's sentences. 

In word, but not in deed. It was clear after time that they were pretty divided. Plus, both were bad at their jobs, so it doesn't matter if they were unified or not.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Not the point, however. The point is a contract extension "guaranteeing" the coach seeing the end of said contract.

Well, we all know that no coaching contract guarantees that.

The point was, despite Pagano signing such an extension, he was fired because coke-head Irsay finally realized the guy sucked as a HC.

Harbaugh is a good coach.

17 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I think you mean sandwiches.

Actually nevermind, neither of those guys leave a sandwich unfinished.

Whaley?

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

In word, but not in deed. It was clear after time that they were pretty divided. Plus, both were bad at their jobs, so it doesn't matter if they were unified or not.

Unified in their mutually adored ineptitude....

...and in Pegula's ultimatum, of course.

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I read Doug, thought Marrone for some reason, and ran with it. Lol. Now that I think about it, wouldn't make much sense. 

Even Marrone laughed at Pegula's hiring of Rex after Doug himself took the money and ran.

• 2 weeks later...

Hold the Presses!!!   Click Bait title 

NFL.com pegs Sean McDermott Coach of the Year candidate

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/508e144c-ecc5-325a-8452-d00d00ebc4a7/nfl.com-pegs-sean-mcdermott.html

Direct Link

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/28/nfl-com-pegs-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-coach-of-year-candidate/

NFL.com recently published a round table discussion between some of their analysts and Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott received one voted as a potential Coach of the Year candidate.

But let’s face it, one is one more vote than most would have predicted he would get.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

On 8/16/2019 at 12:16 PM, MJS said:

An NFL.com Article by Dan Hanzus ranks all 32 NFL head coaches on job security. Surprisingly, McDermott is ranked pretty high at 12th. Here's the top 15:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001041522/article/nfl-head-coach-jobsecurity-rankings-whos-safe-on-hot-seat

1) Bill Belichick, Patriots

2) Sean McVay, Rams

3) Sean Payton, Saints

4) Jon Gruden, Raiders (Mostly because of his insane contract)

5) Doug Pederson, Eagles

6) Andy Reid, Chiefs

7) Frank Reich, Colts

8 ) Pete Carroll, Seahawks

9) Matt Nagy, Bears

10) Mike Tomlin, Steelers

11) Bruce Arians, Buccaneers

12) Sean McDermott, Bills

13) Anthony Lynn, Chargers

14) Bill O'Brien, Texans

15) Adam Gase, Jets

Here's what Hanzus had to say about McDermott:

" In 2017, his debut season in Buffalo, McDermott guided a talent-deficient Bills team to nine wins and the franchise's first playoff appearance in almost 20 years. The team dropped to 6-10 in Year 2, but the general feel around the Bills is that McDermott has the team going in the right direction, especially on the defensive side of the ball. McDermott will set himself up for years to come if second-year pro Josh Allen can develop into a reliable starter at quarterback. We shall see."

The bottom four, which he puts in the "Danger!" category include:

29) Matt Patricia, Lions

30) Doug Marrone, Jaguars

31) Pat Shurmur, Giants

32) Jay Gruden, Redskins

Discuss...

I think that Marrone is on the hottest seat.  I think that the playoffs are expected especially with Luck retiring.  I don't think that Indy free falls and can at least split the season series.  Marrone is not Bill B so I question that his crotchety routine is going to play well if the Jags are 4-8 going into December.  Marrone is probably already miserable knowing that his plan B aka being hired by the Jets got derailed this past offseason.  B level NCAA football here he comes!