Its Game Day 8/16 - Bills @ Panthers pre game talk

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Others might not care about this as much, but it bugs me that they refer to this as "home blue" and yet seem to avoid wearing it at home. For example, I don't understand why we were in all-white for the first home preseason game. I (like many fans) tuned in wanting to see the blue and our new field. I could be wrong, but it seems like the all-white look has occurred frequently at home under McDermott.

IIRC we used to wear white at home all the time. No? Late 70's to mid 80's?

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

when's kickoff? 7?

Yes.  Or probably a few minutes after that. 

Just now, That's No Moon said:

IIRC we used to wear white at home all the time. No? Late 70's to mid 80's?

Definitely during the Superbowl years.  That's when I really remember the all-white look coming into fashion.

I hated it then and still don't like it now.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes.  Or probably a few minutes after that. 

Definitely during the Superbowl years.  That's when I really remember the all-white look coming into fashion.

I hated it then and still don't like it now.

We wore all-white at home during the SB years? I know we usually wore all-white on the road, but all the games I remember and the footage from those years seems to have us in blue-on-white at home. And I think that's why I expect it.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

- He’s only 30 so admitted he has never seen Tasker play but says he has his vote for the HOF

- He really hopes Marcus Murphy makes the team because he’s a “great RB”

- he recently moved to Pittsburgh and listens on his “ESPN” app to Murph - he corrected himself to radio.com app. He says it’s the best radio show ever. The guests they have on, are just superior to anything else on the radio. 

I can't really disagree on (Marcus) Murphy; he always seems to have a lot of juice and finds holes. Just no room on the team this year, barring injury...

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Others might not care about this as much, but it bugs me that they refer to this as "home blue" and yet seem to avoid wearing it at home. For example, I don't understand why we were in all-white for the first home preseason game. I (like many fans) tuned in wanting to see the blue and our new field. I could be wrong, but it seems like the all-white look has occurred frequently at home under McDermott.

Does the Home team select the colors or the road team?

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We wore all-white at home during the SB years? I know we usually wore all-white on the road, but all the games I remember and the footage from those years seems to have us in blue-on-white at home. And I think that's why I expect it.

My memory is that it was random back then just like now and we did various things at home or on the road.

Use google to find photos and video and confirm what our uniforms were for every game during the Superbowl years.

Make a chart.  Some people would find that interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Oh really? I wasn't a person then.

Image result for jim kelly 1986

Kelly as a rookie.  You can recognize Rich Stadium by the red wall in the background

image.jpeg.8849cea6e18fa70298848b3c91d9eee0.jpeg

Joe Ferguson ~1981, same deal with the wall in the background.

If you go further back it goes back to blue.  And I hate the blue pants.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Image result for jim kelly 1986

Kelly as a rookie.  You can recognize Rich Stadium by the red wall in the background

image.jpeg.8849cea6e18fa70298848b3c91d9eee0.jpeg

Joe Ferguson ~1981, same deal with the wall in the background.

If you go further back it goes back to blue.  And I hate the blue pants.

Whoa! How interesting is that red helmet, white jersey, blue pants look?! Crazy

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm pretty sure the home team does, because that's why the Dolphins, for example, always wear white when it's hot and make the visiting team wear their dark colors.

Yes, but teams play games with this also.  The Eagles like to choose white at home when they play Dallas to make Dallas wear their crappy blue jerseys that they lose in frequently even though they usually wear green or black at home.

image.jpeg.d7cfccd40fd045df9a6a88c8773bb7ab.jpeg

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Whoa! How interesting is that red helmet, white jersey, blue pants look?! Crazy

With the blue facemask also.  They only wore that with the red helmet 1 year.

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

My memory is that it was random back then just like now and we did various things at home or on the road.

Use google to find photos and video and confirm what our uniforms were for every game during the Superbowl years.

Make a chart.  Some people would find that interesting.

We wore blue at home during the SB years.  We started wearing blue at home in 1987 IIRC.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And Josh did it in just 12 games

The hate is SO real for Allen and most national media, it's absurd. Field Yates is one of few that give him a fair shake.

If Allen ran like Lamar yesterday, they'd be talking about how undeveloped his passing gm is!

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Does the Home team select the colors or the road team?

Gotta be the home team.  Otherwise the Cowboys couldn't have their tradition of always wearing white uniforms at home.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

The wording on that is odd. It sounds like they are saying you can stream it if you are local. 

If that's the case, I'll be able to put my GPS joystick app to good use. 

You can only stream it in the Broadcast area. If you are out of the Broadcast area you are SOL. Tried it last week, ended up going to Reddit