Its Game Day 8/16 - Bills @ Panthers pre game talk

Per usual, can’t wait to see what all the players do.  Let’s hope that second day / good practice rolls into the game.

Flying back to VT today and rocking a Bills T! :beer:

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 2

Aside from the obvious, there are lots of fun positional battles to watch at the back end of the roster. Here are a few that I’m looking out for: 

DE4...Love/Yarbrough/Acho/Johnson

CB5...Lewis/Munnerlyn/Pitts

WR6/7...Phillips/McCloud/McKenzie

RB4....Perry/Murphy/Yeldon/Wade

LB6...VoJo/Lacy

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

panthers1.jpg

Buffalo Bills vs. Carolina Panthers: broadcast info, announcers, streaming, radio, television

The Buffalo Bills (1-0) and Carolina Panthers (1-0) have spent much of this week engaged in joint practice sessions in South Carolina, and the two teams will cap off the week with a Week 2 preseason game between Sean McDermott’s former team and his current Bills squad.

So far, there haven’t been any rumors of fighting during the joint practice sessions, but you can bet both teams are looking forward to actually playing in a competitive game when the two square off at 7 p.m. Friday at Bank of America Stadium.

Buffalo earned a 24-16 win over the Indianapolis Colts in its preseason opener, while the Panthers knocked off the Chicago Bears 23-13 in their preseason opener.

Josh Allen played in two series in Buffalo’s opener, completing 6-of-11 passes while showing improvement in his ability to read the field for the open receiver. Rookie running back Devin Singletary made an instant impact in his Bills debut, accounting for 48 all-purpose yards while showing his ability to create something out of nothing.

The first-team defense clamped down and held the Colts to 1-of-11 on first-downs in the opening half, 16 rushing yards on ten attempts, and only 29 yards of offense and one first down on six drives until the final two minutes of the opening half.

TV Schedule

Date: Friday, August 16, 2019

Time: 7 p.m. Eastern

Channel: Buffalo, NY: WKBW 7; Rochester, NY: WROC 8; Syracuse, NY: WSYR 9; Binghamton, NY: WBGH 34; Utica, NY: WPNY 11; Elmira, NY: WETM 18; Watertown, NY: WWTI 50; Erie, PA: WJET 24; Albany, NY: WXXA 23 and around Charlotte, Raleigh, and parts of Georgia.

• Thank you (+1) 4

So to all you people that sign up for game pass for the trial to watch the games, will it work if I am out of the Bills/panthers TV market?  I've heard mixed results on here for the first preseason game. 

Edited by The Wiz

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Aside from the obvious, there are lots of fun positional battles to watch at the back end of the roster. Here are a few that I’m looking out for: 

DE4...Love/Yarbrough/Acho/Johnson

CB5...Lewis/Munnerlyn/Pitts

WR6/7...Phillips/McCloud/McKenzie

RB4....Perry/Murphy/Yeldon/Wade

LB6...VoJo/Lacy

I think that may actually be a CB6 battle. White, Wallace, T. Johnson, K. Johnson, and now Neal appears to be a full time CB. Maybe they don't keep 6, but it's definitely one of the most heated battles right now. 

Also, I feel the RB4 battle is heavily in Perry's favor right now. I think he becomes a core ST player this year, especially if they decide to not keep Pitts. 

And don't count out M. Alexander (EDIT: for LB6/core ST). 

Edited by Philo Beddoe
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So to all you people that sign up for game pass for the trial to watch the games, will it work if I am out of the Bills/panthers TV market?  I've heard mixed results on here for the first preseason game. 

maybe this can help?

NFL Game Pass is available in the market and location in which it is purchased.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Yes, it actually only works if you are out of market.  In market, it blacks you out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yes, it actually only works if you are out of market.  In market, it blacks you out.

Thanks. I thought that was the case but feel like someone said they couldn't watch the game last week even though they were out of market. 

It's a trial either way so I'll give it a shot later.