Empty Nester Beginning Tomorrow!

plenzmd1

Take the boy ( and youngest)off to WVU for his freshman year tomorrow! Couple of things

1) trite, byr seems like yesterday we were  singing Baby Beluga to the kids in the back seat!

2) As they say, God made teenagers so  you are ready for them to leave, been a rough last couple of months. Hope he comes back with better attitude!..

3) Just packed the car..

• when daughter went, 2 hrs to pack Tahoe and figure out how to get everything in, and barely did
  • son has TV/Xbox/duffel bag of clothes/2 guitars/amp/2 posters/lamp/cooler..plenty of space

Batten down the hatches Morgantown, a grisled @Hammered a Lot  vet comin at ya!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve always wondered how WV can be such a distressed state, yet WVU is considered to be a very good school.

Are you considered an empty nester if they will be coming home during school breaks?

I was very emotional when my daughter went off to college more than three hours away.  I was not so emotional when my son went to college about 15 minutes away.  My daughter hardly ever came back after that first year, but it took a few years before my son was officially moved out. 

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Take the boy ( and youngest)off to WVU for his freshman year tomorrow! Couple of things

1) trite, byr seems like yesterday we were  singing Baby Beluga to the kids in the back seat!

2) As they say, God made teenagers so  you are ready for them to leave, been a rough last couple of months. Hope he comes back with better attitude!..

3) Just packed the car..

• when daughter went, 2 hrs to pack Tahoe and figure out how to get everything in, and barely did
  • son has TV/Xbox/duffel bag of clothes/2 guitars/amp/2 posters/lamp/cooler..plenty of space

Good luck to him and congratulations to his mother!

(but, they’ll be back. Don’t get used to the peace and quiet.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Good luck getting B-ball tickets.

I'm serious. 

My kid went to WVU for their Masters in some sort of Industrial Engineering program. At that time, there were less than 30 Universities in the country that had this curriculum.

Anyways, could not get tickets to a Mountaineer basketball game those two years.

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Congrats!

House to yourself for lots of loud, wild sex!  ??

Word is Plenz is a bit of a screamer. 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

3) Just packed the car..

I think I have bolded the most important item on the trip. Clothes are nice too......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

Kudos to your son and WVU - Dr Gee one of the best in the biz.

Best comment  >>>  Best of luck with the transition! Enjoy the peace, and have faith. It all works out fine, I promise. Just as it’s meant to. 

he seems like a great guy..spoke at my sons orientation session, and then we actually got to meet him for 30 seconds as he was walking across campus.

WVU looks great, my only hope is he puts int he work necessary!!!! One of the reasons he choose there is they have a couple fantastic programs for kids with pretty severe ADHD, which my son has. He has all the resources( lined them up himself which is a good sign). Now he just has to use them!

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

My main takeaway in this that @plenzmd1 must have been near ancient when this child was born.

amazing isnt it..and to think you are the same age as my pops...wow!!!

(btw, my dad would have been 101 this year!!!!!!!)

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

3) Just packed the car..

If you want him to have a better attitude maybe USMC would have the edge over WVU.  More budget friendly too.

Just now, Marv's Neighbor said:

If you want him to have a better attitude maybe USMC would have the edge over WVU.  More budget friendly too.

believe me, it was discussed..another bonus of WVU for us is his major is not available at a VA state school, so he gets in state Tuition! Big savings!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1