Who wears a CPAP? Love it? Hate it?

Augie

Tonight just may be the first night I EVER wear the CPAP when my wife is away. I know it’s a nuisance to some degree, but you DO get more used to it over time, and I KNOW it’s the smart thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Tonight just may be the first night I EVER wear the CPAP when my wife is away. I know it’s a nuisance to some degree, but you DO get more used to it over time, and I KNOW it’s the smart thing to do. 

Plus you get the whole bed to yourself which is a huge sleeping bonus.

I have one but don’t wear it cause it wakes me up just as much as the apnea does.

I’m hoping that weight loss (currently at the 20 pound mark) and orthodontia to expand my upper jaw/palette are going to help with it.

9 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Plus you get the whole bed to yourself which is a huge sleeping bonus.

King bed. If we ever end up with a queen at a hotel or visiting family/friends, we have a problem! She grew up with a king in her bedroom as a kid. She was quite sure she owned the 50 yard line when I met her. It’s taken several decades to make it work so smoothly.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

No kidding...they heat my face.  They force air directly in to my sinus cavities, and warm my face up to the point that I can't sleep.

I know, it's ***** weird.  But it is what it is.  

....just bustin'....it IS a personal preference and respected.......I can't wear the face mask type...........

16 hours ago, Augie said:

King bed. If we ever end up with a queen at a hotel or visiting family/friends, we have a problem! She grew up with a king in her bedroom as a kid. She was quite sure she owned the 50 yard line when I met her. It’s taken several decades to make it work so smoothly.  

You should upgrade your kicking game.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:32 AM, Warcodered said:

Yeah I mean you get used to it but at the same time it's annoying being tied down to the machine. I mean if I have to be strapped to a machine I should at least get to enter the Matrix.

They got pills for that.

Edited by Boca BIlls

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

You should upgrade your kicking game.

I already out-kicked my coverage when I got married. That becomes more apparent as the years go by. Just as long as Danny Crossman  isn’t in my bedroom calling the shots, we should be OK! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2019 at 12:13 PM, muppy said:

hubby has severe sleep apnea to the tune of he would be dead without his c-pap it is life saving no joke if you need it get it and Use it. Period.

Because of this post and others like it, I’ve worn mine 11 hours over the last 2 nights even with my wife out of town. That NEVER used to happen! Not perfect, but better than the usual zero. 

i'm late to the party, but chronic sleep apnea is potentially dangerous it's amazing.  just youtube severe apnea and it will make you cringe.  the gasping for breath is almost violent.  there's massive stress to the heart, and cortisol levels greatly increase.  it thought that when someone dies in their sleep, it's a heart attack caused by chronic apnea.  

cpaps are always the best, but if someone has mild apnea and refuses to wear the machine, a mandibular repositioning device can help greatly as well.  they essentially look like two occlusal guards, (one on top and one on bottom...connected) that stop your lower jaw from resting on your airway while sleeping.  reduces both snoring and apnea.  for moderate cases they're ok and good for short term use.  i wouldn't even bother for severe cases.