Thursday night preseason games 8/15

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

OMG you just know the Bills are going to be on the losing end of one of these calls. Where does the NFL hire their officials??

Watched the replay and thought, why are people hating on this call?  It's pretty obvious defensive pass interference :)

26 minutes ago, Putin said:

Oh yah !!! 

Miami is a much better team after Gase departure then what he inherited 

I mean, they were basically a .500 team during his tenure there despite only having his starting QB for literally half their games. The fact that they decided to blow everything up after firing him isn't really on him.

24 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Some of the responses in this thread make me wonder what games people were actually watching.

It is interesting. Many of the same people who championed Tyrod and EJ as franchise caliber QBs, seem to feel Allen has little chance of ever becoming even an above average NFL QB. Just hoping their judgement about Allen is as wrong as their judgement about Tyrod and EJ.

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

OMG you just know the Bills are going to be on the losing end of one of these calls. Where does the NFL hire their officials??

Dean Blandino said he thinks the OPI was actually. Push off by the WR earlier in the route. He said he would need the all 22 to confirm

13 hours ago, VW82 said:

Kyler Murray is not accurate. He's missed a bunch of difficult but makeable throws so far in addition to the typical rookie issues (delay of game, poor decision making , etc.).  Did Cards just whiff on two QBs in b2b years? 

Can’t see over things, maybe? 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lots of Redskins fans dressed as empty seats 

Falcons stadium was pretty empty last night too.  The fans that were there were pretty enthusiastic, but they don't have nearly as many die-hards as we do.

14 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Jets fans get green "rally" flags for week 1 vs Bills. 

They can use them to wipe their tears after they realize the media over-inflated the teams abilities once again.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's incredible how a billion dollar product is so unbelievably inept. Goodell is a ***** show commissioner when it comes to integrity of the actual game. He's a joke.

Not defending Goodell, but the PI review rule can’t be blamed on him. Blame it on Sean Peyton who lobbied the coaches who lobbied the rules committee to enact the new rule. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MAGA-Man said:

Yep, the Jets trading up with the Colts ahead of the Bills in 2018 could become another "thing" in Bills history. We'll find out.

It will not. Darnold will be good but I am much happier that we have Allen. He will be a superstar. Allen and Darnold are very completive with each other, on and off the field, and I have a feeling that Allen will not allow himself to be bested by Darnold at anything. He is the alpha...

By the way, #87 for the Falcons, TE Jaedon Graham really stood out yesterday.  I'm not sure exactly where he is on their depth chart (I think he was practice squad last year) but he looked like the real deal in person. Once he caught my eye, I started keying on him and I was impressed.  May not be a superstar type, but I am guessing he will become a solid pro.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd give the defensive edge to the Bills for sure. 

Offensively the Jets will be good, IMO. Top 10 good and as we know offense rules in this league. Good offense=good team. I'm just hoping the Bills offense cracks top 20. 

Genuinely asking, why do you think the Jets will be Top 10 good on offense?

They have a meh, at best, offensive line.  

Their WRs are similar to ours - Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder etc. 

Their TE’s are about as mediocre as ours too. 

Do you think Darnold & Bell are that good?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Moreover, he has a real turnover problem. I remember Defenses getting tons of pressure on him in college and he coughed it up.

#USCQB

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

Arizona is gonna be horrendous this season

2020 draft: trade Kyler Murray and draft Tua with #1 pick.

2021 draft: trade Tua and draft Trevor Lawrence with #1 pick

rinse, repeat...

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Darnold definitely needs to take care of the ball better.  But if he is a turnover machine, what do you call a qb with a higher int % and more fumbles in less games?

I’m just curious why do you think McDermott is such a better coach?  Gase is a huge weirdo but he actually has a higher winning % and it wasn’t like he was coaching a loaded Miami team.  

You mean other then the fact that McD kick's Gase ass in head to head?

32 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Falcons stadium was pretty empty last night too.  The fans that were there were pretty enthusiastic, but they don't have nearly as many die-hards as we do.

It's always been a college football town, and always will be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Actually Gase went 10-6 his first year in Miami with the combination of Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill as they started 1-4 and finished 9-2 that year winning 6 straight at one point. I'd say that's a good coaching job.

Tyrod was far from terrible that year. He wasn't good but terrible? Nah. 

So if it was up to you who would you choose for the Bills HC, McDermott or Gase?