Rodgers to Packers: Sell Cheaper Beer

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

If that were the true intention then they could just not sell beer at all.

Why would they cut out a healthy revenue stream? They can still make a heck of a lot of money by people drinking responsibly (3 beers or less).

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah but I want some more fights in the stands.  I'd be curious to see if an increase in beer prices substantially reduces sales.  If I want to keep a buzz going two or three extra bucks for a beer isn't going to stop me.

While it likely decreases units sold, revenue likely stays the same. And of beer prices were half of what they are now, “keeping a buzz” would likely continue on to being blasted. 

Edited by Saint Doug

3 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Why would they cut out a healthy revenue stream? They can still make a heck of a lot of money by people drinking responsibly (3 beers or less).

While it likely decreases units sold, revenue likely stays the same. And of beer prices were half of what they are now, “keeping a buzz” would likely continue on to being blasted. 

Because no one drinking there drank 3 beers or less.  If they have true intentions of keeping people from getting drunk then they just wouldn't sell beer.  IMO.

While I hate paying hyper-inflated beer prices, I get it. If beer was affordable at games, fans would be even more trashed than they already are when they arrive. It's probably for the best that your buzz is capped at the level it's at when you walk in the place, assuming you can still walk. I would bet that stadium beer pricing just as much about maintaining civility as it is about gouging. 

Edited by skibum

10 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I love the subtle intonation that we should expect the animals to be at least somewhat harassed, but there are limits, even in Buffalo.  ?

Unfortunately, it’s true. These are animals kept in small enclosed areas for human entertainment. They are usually yelled at by kids (mine included) or kids banging on the walls of water tanks.  

16 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yet somehow the Packers are 100-57-1 when he starts.

Strongly disagree Dave.  Rodgers and his postseason stats of 36 td to 10 int and 99 qb rating are clearly holding back the Packers.  What a scrub!!!  I can’t believe he only led the Packers to 45 points against the Cards. What a loser.

and the only good thing about the awful beer prices is it allows me to sober up.  But I do agree cheaper beers could be a disaster for Bills fans.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Strongly disagree Dave.  Rodgers and his postseason stats of 36 td to 10 int and 99 qb rating are clearly holding back the Packers.  What a scrub!!!  I can’t believe he only led the Packers to 45 points against the Cards. What a loser.

and the only good thing about the awful beer prices is it allows me to sober up.  But I do agree cheaper beers could be a disaster for Bills fans.

Were you alive during the Disco Demolition night?  Beer was insanely cheap that night....this happened at Comiskey Park.

Related image

20 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

No beer should be over 5$. I’m sorry but if I’m paying for a Uber than these beer prices need to change.

Save money for beer and walk.  When walking back you will walk off some of that beer but be careful of public intoxication charges.

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I imagine they sell them that high to cut down on the amount of people who get absurdly wasted at the games.   Bills fans already come in trashed, do you really need more beer after youve been drinking all morning?

You can't tell that to someone who is determined to to drink the entire day. Some people use Bills games or sporting events as an excuse to get drunk.

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

You can't tell that to someone who is determined to to drink the entire day. Some people use Bills games or sporting events as an excuse to get drunk.

This is fine. These people are in the minority, but if they want to pay out the teeth for crappy beer, all is good. Bills make more money then and ticket prices stay controlled. 

17 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

This is fine. These people are in the minority, but if they want to pay out the teeth for crappy beer, all is good. Bills make more money then and ticket prices stay controlled. 

That is the benefit...ticket prices.