Ron Rivera Impressed by Edmunds

H2o

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

My favorite part of this article is at the end, where Babich says that Edmunds is like a combination of Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs. 

That's one badass combination right there.

Took me a second to figure out what you were talking about.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/tremaine-edmunds-made-quite-impression-panthers-coach-ron-rivera

“I think he’s got a really good position coach in Bob Babich, Sr.,” Rivera said of the Bills linebackers’ coach.  “I was with Bob when we were in Chicago and we had Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs, and Bob told me, ‘this guy is a combination of both of them,’ and that’s kind of cool to hear.”

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

where't the coconut 

D-lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

40 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I thought you put D-Lime in D-Coconut and shake it all up.

Nice to see 2 quick pulls on Hairy Nilsson

• Thank you (+1) 1

I also found this I had posted yesterday in the training camp thread interesting coming from rivera.

Bills_Panthers_Football_19790.jpg

Panthers’ Ron Rivera says joint NFL practices are invaluable

Coach Ron Rivera believes joint practices have become an invaluable part of today's NFL. The Panthers wrapped up two days of practices at Wofford College with the Buffalo Bills that he thinks will go a long way toward helping both teams prepare for the regular season.

Unlike preseason games, players weren't allowed to tackle which Rivera believes can be dually beneficial in getting plays down pat while at the same time not risking major injuries.

"I'm not sure if playing the games is as important as it used to be, but things like this are invaluable," Rivera said Wednesday.

"If you can get two teams that come in focused on working and developing you can help each other out a lot," Rivera said.

A DECADE LONG PLAYER

Buffalo's 21-year-old middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds has a chance to be an impact player for the next decade, Rivera said.

"We ran one screen against them and it looked like we were going to pick up some pretty good yardage and he ran it down to keep it to about a 4-yard gain," Rivera said.

Edmunds had 80 tackles, two sacks and two interceptions last season as a rookie.

REFINING THE OFFENSE

New Bills receiver Cole Beasley said he's starting to get on the same page with second-year quarterback Josh Allen. On one option route, Beasley turned his head and the ball had already arrived perfectly on time.

"The ball got on me so fast I almost didn't expect it," Beasley said. "I told him if you get the ball to me that fast I'm going to get you a lot (of yards) after the catch. It makes it so much easier on me and it will make us so much better as a team."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Edmunds, White & Oliver will anchor this defense for years.

I'm less worried about White, though he's so entertaining that I hope they keep him long term.  The reason: I am very confident in McD's ability to find players for his secondary (see Josh Norman...).  I think the more difficult long term piece will be replacing Jerry, especially since they will be picking at the back end of R1 for the next 10 years....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/15/panthers-impressed-by-tremaine-edmunds-in-joint-practices/

“It was kind of neat first-hand to watch him,” Edmunds said, via WGR550.com. “We ran a screen against them. It looked like it was going to pick up some pretty good yardage, and he was able to break through and run it down and keep it about four yards. I think the young man is on his way to being one of those types of players that can be with a team for 10-12 years and be an impact guy for a long time.”

If this were the NBA he’d be fined for tampering.

4 hours ago, TPS said:

I'm less worried about White, though he's so entertaining that I hope they keep him long term.  The reason: I am very confident in McD's ability to find players for his secondary (see Josh Norman...).  I think the more difficult long term piece will be replacing Jerry, especially since they will be picking at the back end of R1 for the next 10 years....

It will be a challenge to replace Jerry. We'll need luck in the draft or look to FA?