Panthers DE Bryan Cox, Jr. in trouble

YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Basically, I get his Dad was a dick, but this guy basically got pulled over for a speeding ticket. 

Actually speeding more than 15 over the limit is reckless driving which is a misdemeanor.  Pay an attorney around $500 and it will become faulty equipment, though his name recognition makes that a bit harder to do I'm sure.  Add the other things on top plus Roger looking over your shoulder.

11 hours ago, bills7834 said:

I think I may have hated his dad growing up more than any other NFL player when he played for the Dolphins. 

Without a doubt, for me.  I can't even think of a close second.

11 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

No it is not

Is it still criminal?  NYS just decriminalized possession so it would be a slap on the wrist to be pulled over with it.  I am wondering what this means for him in NC.

As all the laws across the country keep shifting with regards to this, it's going to be very hard for the NFL to have a definitive stance on it.

Even if they don't test for it, if players keep getting arrested for possession, they are still subject to the Player Code of Conduct with regards to being arrested etc...

I wonder if they hold him out of the game tomorrow night as punishment. Or they could go the Hue Jackson route with Antonio Calloway similar thing last year and just play him the entire game and on ST to the point of exhaustion 

I think Brian Burns will be out too with injury. But Cox is the one fighting for a roster spot.

9 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Is it still criminal?

This is North Cackalacky, man...we've got a nice mainstream pocket in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area but outside of that it's as Alabama as it gets.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1