[Misleading Title] Clowney to Bills

DBilz2500

As much as I'd like to add another player to our DLine, this trade isn't gonna happen.

Clowney is a hold out & hasn't signed his $15.97 million franchise tender yet. And he can't sign an extension because the deadline for that was July 15th.

Also players who havent signed their franchise tenders CAN"T BE DEALT. So even if we were willing to offer the Texans a lucrative offer & sign him to a big contract after the 2019 season, Clowney could refuse the trade before it even happened.

Besides, would you really want to sign a player who is holding out, all while getting paid $16 million this year?

I don't see him as a process guy & its just not gonna happen

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Heard it here first. Deal almost in place...

don't we limit posts by people like this?

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Good, he is not worth what he will cost. Unless, it’s like a 4th round pick and one of our punters.

You don't know what he will cost

I really don't understand the overall aversion to ELITE talent. Yeah, we're gonna have to pay. That's kind of the point. You don't get any prizes for having the most cap space. Character has it's place on the importance scale, but elite talent is tough to find. 

We're talking about a YOUNG player with amazing talent who happens to play a position of need for the Bills. What gives? 

• Like (+1) 1