Lee Smith mentoring Tommy Sweeney, even if it costs him his job

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I LOVE that! I remember Brett Favre saying “it’s not MY job to teach him how to play.” I understand that to some degree, but I can also see how a high quality individual will do everything possible to make the team better. Want to make the playoffs? What if they get hurt and sit for 3 games? This tells you something about the, ummmm.....character stuff we hear about.  

• Like (+1) 6

I loved this article so much.

Lee Smith is the man. 

Best quote? 

"I promise you one thing right now: Tommy Sweeney is not just a blocking tight end. Maybe I am but he’s not. The kid can run, he gets in and out of his breaks - I mean he’s not making plays against the threes out here, he’s playing plays against the ones. That’s our one defense and they were second in the league, if I’m not mistaken. He’s a good football player in both aspects of the game and he works his butt off."

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

You shut your damn mouth. 

I tease. It can be a little touchy feely, but we won’t care when we’re winning superbowls.

I was trying to make a processed cheese joke but it failed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Everyday that passes, Croom's days as a Bill gets closer to the end. 

Once everyone is healthy I really only see Kroft,  Knox, Sweeney and L Smith on this team. Highly doubtful we keep 5.  

Edited by DJB

6 minutes ago, Element115 said:

I was trying to make a processed cheese joke but it failed.

I got it.

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

Once everyone is healthy I really only see Kroft,  Knox, Sweeney and L Smith on this team. Highly doubtful we keep 5.  

I also think Croom should be the odd man out.  But he's dating a Pegula.  Maybe they kick him upstairs?

18 minutes ago, DJB said:

Agreed. It does seem Croom’s days are coming to an end but I believe he will catch on in a hurry somewhere. The kid seems like he could be a weapon in the passing game.