Incarcerated bob Tweet

SDubills

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

The deadline passed...He can only play under the tag in 2019...?

right, I thought he meant after we get him for this season...re-sign means we signed him once....?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

right, I thought he meant after we get him for this season...sorry

Right...

Well...The options there are not wonderful...Gonna have to sell him on Buffalo big time and re-sign him during the grace period because the 2nd tag is 120% this years Franchise tag...I doubt that will work, and otherwise he's 100% free to walk if that's what he want to do...So it's tricky...Thus the reason many feel he can be had at a bargain price at this point...I'm guessing the only way Houston gets market value for him is a re-sign clause on the conditional pick...?

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

Right...

Well...The options there are not wonderful...Gonna have to sell him on Buffalo big time and re-sign him during the grace period because the 2nd tag is 120% this years Franchise tag...I doubt that will work, and otherwise he's 100% free to walk if that's what he want to do...So it's tricky...Thus the reason many feel he can be had at a bargain price at this point...I'm guessing the only way Houston gets market value for him is a re-sign clause on the conditional pick...?

it is tricky but he would be great here

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

it is tricky but he would be great here

Right...I think this Organization is at the point they can sell just about anyone...Especially if they win (of course)...It would be a gamble...The Bills would be betting on themselves big time...No matter what it would be SO interesting to watch...

The big question here is what reports have the Bills got from Gaine about Clowney? Is he a process guy? I don't think...especially after what Beane said about who you pay on Embedded...that the Bills do this without knowing 100% Clowney can be a process guy and willing to be completely open to re-signing next year if everything goes to plan...?

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I guess the question is: can you name 16 WR duos that are better?  I think it can be reasonably argued by a neutral observer that all of the following are better:

Edelman & D. Thomas, Anderson & Enunwa, OBJ & Landry, Green & Boyd, Hilton & Funchess, Hopkins & Fuller, Hill & Watkins, A. Brown & T. Williams, K. Allen & M. Williams, Cooks & Woods, Fitzgerald & Kirk, Julio & Ridley, Thomas & Ginn, Evans & Godwin, Diggs & Thielen, Golladay & Jones, Cooper & Cobb, Jeffery & Jackson (or Agholor for that matter).

That's 18 pairs of WRs right there...and I left off a few borderline duos like Samuel & Moore, JuJu & Moncrief, Sanders & Sutton, etc.

It’s all about the quarterback. Good ones elevate those guys. Zero reason ANY combo of brown, Beasley and foster can’t be better than a lot of those you mentioned if Allen is a top 15 quarterback. 

You could literally put Hopkins, Julio, AB and Odell on the same team and they could be bottom 16 if they played with crappy quarterback play. This offense has enough weapons with good quarterback play it can put up top 10 passing numbers. All depends on the coaches calling plays and the quarterback and receivers executing.

Good coaches and quarterbacks elevate those receiving combos. 

Put Lamar Jackson as quarterback of Atlanta  with the current coaching and boom the possibility of them being a top 16 passing unit is probably dead in the water. 

Same premise take out Quinn and put in Sean Payton as coach of Atlanta with those weapons and Lamar quarterbacking and he can probably scheme them into a top 16 unit. 

As bills fans we have been so vanilla and talent deficient on offense for sooooooo long we are all highly skeptical if we can even have a decent offense without big names. 

I have always been in the grow your own stars like Pittsburgh does camp. Sorry to ramble or change the topic but it all really boils down to Allen. If he’s legit and gets better he has plenty of weapons to run an elite offense and I think Daboll can do it if he trusts Allen to make the reads 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

From what I read they want to trade Clowney for a LT... I’m not sure the Bills have what they need to work that.  

I'm sure the Texans are asking for wayyy more than they will end up getting.

23 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s all about the quarterback. Good ones elevate those guys. Zero reason ANY combo of brown, Beasley and foster can’t be better than a lot of those you mentioned if Allen is a top 15 quarterback. 

You could literally put Hopkins, Julio, AB and Odell on the same team and they could be bottom 16 if they played with crappy quarterback play. This offense has enough weapons with good quarterback play it can put up top 10 passing numbers. All depends on the coaches calling plays and the quarterback and receivers executing.

Good coaches and quarterbacks elevate those receiving combos. 

Put Lamar Jackson as quarterback of Atlanta  with the current coaching and boom the possibility of them being a top 16 passing unit is probably dead in the water. 

Same premise take out Quinn and put in Sean Payton as coach of Atlanta with those weapons and Lamar quarterbacking and he can probably scheme them into a top 16 unit. 

As bills fans we have been so vanilla and talent deficient on offense for sooooooo long we are all highly skeptical if we can even have a decent offense without big names. 

I have always been in the grow your own stars like Pittsburgh does camp. Sorry to ramble or change the topic but it all really boils down to Allen. If he’s legit and gets better he has plenty of weapons to run an elite offense and I think Daboll can do it if he trusts Allen to make the reads 

I don't agree with that. A QB can definitely elevate the WRs more than vice versa, but let's not pretend like a WR1 won't produce if he's got the goods regardless.

Just look at some of the QBs that Josh Gordon played with in Cleveland...or (even though people pick on him) what Sammy Watkins was able to do with EJ/Orton/Tyrod in his first 2 seasons here.

DeAndre Hopkins put up huge numbers with Fitzpatrick, Osweiler, and Brian Hoyer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

Thats a good thing. It means his value should be lower AND we don’t have to commit until we know how he plays in the system, what Tre White’s extension might cost, and if Allen’s future extension could break the bank. 

If we can get him for peanuts id say go for it but wouldn't give up anything more than that

This obviously doesn't validate anything IB says, but i just saw where he is followed by Adam Schefter, Albert Breer, and Jason La Canfora (among others)... seems like they at least keep an eye out to see what he spouts. 

(before someone comes at me for no reason, yes I know full well that they probably follow a dozen other "So-called" insiders just to see whats on the web.)

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

From what I read they want to trade Clowney for a LT... I’m not sure the Bills have what they need to work that.  

They simply won't get that due to the contract situation.  Even decent LT's are hard to come by, no one will give one up if they can't sign Clowney long term.

On 8/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, MJS said:

I think he often posts content that has already broken to look legitimate, and then makes random posts like these to make people think he has some insider information, but he's never specific enough to prove he is wrong.

Part of the problem is that it’s speculation that usually can’t be confirmed one way or the other. Unless a rumored deal happens, we don’t know if the speculation was true or not. The Bills could be working on all kinds of incredible things that just won’t happen. That doesn’t mean the speculation wasn’t true. 

1 hour ago, KOKBILLS said:

Right...

We have enough cap space for the 120% and if he walks we get a 3rd round comp pick back.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't agree with that. A QB can definitely elevate the WRs more than vice versa, but let's not pretend like a WR1 won't produce if he's got the goods regardless.

Just look at some of the QBs that Josh Gordon played with in Cleveland...or (even though people pick on him) what Sammy Watkins was able to do with EJ/Orton/Tyrod in his first 2 seasons here.

DeAndre Hopkins put up huge numbers with Fitzpatrick, Osweiler, and Brian Hoyer.

Were those top 16 passing offenses though? 

And the 3 scenarios you listed were losing teams throwing from behind a lot force feeding the star receiver. 

A #1 is of course legit year in year out. But that doesn’t make a top passing offense. 

Guys like Brees and Rodgers and Rivers make average receivers look amazing. 

The point I was trying to make was the receiver tandems don’t make the offense top half of the league. The QB does. 

Take it FWIW, but ICB was asked when more Bills info will come out and he said after all the preseason games this week.  Probably just a stall tactic, but that’s the latest.  

BUT he also keep in mind he never said anything about Clowney or a trade, just that “Bills noise” was happening.  I mean it could be a surprise cut, different trade or most likely nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1