Incarcerated bob Tweet

SDubills

25 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Tim Graham, jw and Nate Geary all just asked their Bills sources about Clowney trade and were either laughed at or told nothing brewing. Doesn’t mean it’s not happening but more grist for rumors.  

I’m waiting for Rapsheet to say the trade is happening before I believe it’s truly off the table

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MJS said:

And you can get worse by trading away a guy who could have helped you on offense.

I love offense and this version of the Bills has been historically bad at it, but c’mon, Ty Nsekhe?

He’s old and who is he? We could trade shaq or Murphy for a backup tackle. Or sign one off the street like we did for Ty or the Spaniard. 

Clowney would make me so sad if they gave up anything for him. 

Shaq lawson will have more sacks this year. Bookmark it. Clowney is going to get top 5 defensive end money for top 25 or lower production. We already have guys on the line good at stopping the run 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

I love offense and this version of the Bills has been historically bad at it, but c’mon, Ty Nsekhe?

He’s old and who is he? We could trade shaq or Murphy for a backup tackle. Or sign one off the street like we did for Ty or the Spaniard. 

Sorry. That's just wrong.

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Shaq lawson will have more sacks this year. Bookmark it. Clowney is going to get top 5 defensive end money for top 25 or lower production. We already have guys on the line good at stopping the run 

Lawson isn't even the starter. That's not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would gladly take that bet.  You're comparing a guy who plays all over the field in 83% of his teams defensive snaps, to a rotational defensive end who cant beat out Trent Murphy. 

Clowney may not be the best in the game, but he is a hell of  player who does a ton more than just rush the passer.   He is better in every facet of the game than Lawson.

Edited by thenorthremembers

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I'm kind of with you. Are the Jets going after Clowney? If anything, I'd guess a WR. 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I would gladly take that bet.  You're comparing a guy who plays all over the field in 83% of his teams defensive snaps, to a rotational defensive end who cant beat out Trent Murphy. 

Clowney may not be the best in the game, but he is a hell of  player who does a ton more than just rush the passer.   He is better in every facet of the game than Lawson.

Clowney is also always hurt, may suit up but not always effective. You want to give that guy 100 million? Shaq and Murphy can match the same production clowney gives you at a tiny fraction of the price. He’s not a game changer like Mack or Lawrence or someone 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

Care to elaborate? I could say the same about your post. 

I was going to but thought it better not to argue. There is a real deficiency at tackle in this league. Thinking we can just go out and sign a guy off the street or trade for a backup and think that will be good enough is not true. Nsekhe (and every other quality linemen) was signed right when free agency opened. Who do you think is out there on the street who could replace him?

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Clowney is also always hurt, may suit up but not always effective. You want to give that guy 100 million? Shaq and Murphy can match the same production clowney gives you at a tiny fraction of the price. He’s not a game changer like Mack or Lawrence or someone 

Well now you are throwing the starter AND his backup in the mix to match Clowney.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I was going to but thought it better not to argue. There is a real deficiency at tackle in this league. Thinking we can just go out and sign a guy off the street or trade for a backup and think that will be good enough is not true. Nsekhe (and every other quality linemen) was signed right when free agency opened. Who do you think is out there on the street who could replace him?

And if there was someone out there the Texans would of signed them up already instead of trading for one