Incarcerated bob Tweet

SDubills

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

What if Hughes or Murphy went down?

Likely too some teams will release a tackle that others didn't count on becoming available.

If a team releases an OT, odds are the guy can’t play. It’s one of the thinnest positions in the league. You are more likely to land a decent pass rusher that way than a decent tackle. 

14 minutes ago, teef said:

would ty actually know he was getting traded at this point?  the higher profile guys i'm sure have some say possibly, but would you even tell ty until it was a done deal?

The only thing I can think is if he was part of the trade talks/deal and they wanted him to not practice as a precaution. Other than that, I'd say you're probably right. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm more worried about the depth at OT we lose NSekhe and who goes in if Dawkins or Ford go down?

I have no idea but we did trade for Ryan Bates who's listed at OT - can't speak much to his ability. It's definitely a concern, and I am honestly excited to see Nsekhe get his start at RT and have both him and Ford out there. I'd feel much better about that right side and giving Josh real protection.

I'm sure it'll be worked into the consideration, but with Tre's contract coming up, along with Milano and Zay if they look to keep him, I wonder what this will do to our ability to retain talent in the next couple of years, including Edmunds and Josh after that. If it's just a one-year holdover I would think next year would be the year to make a move like this. Not to mention Beane giving up draft picks for a big name signing would kind of conflict with his build through the draft mentality - I get the big name opportunity here, but at what cost?

Edited by ctk232

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Tim Graham, jw and Nate Geary all just asked their Bills sources about Clowney trade and were either laughed at or told nothing brewing. Doesn’t mean it’s not happening but more grist for rumors.  

So long as those guys are asking questions, why don't they just go ahead and ask why Ty Nsekhe didn't get any reps today???

I mean, THAT is the thing that's driving this conversation right now is it not?  

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Tim Graham, jw and Nate Geary all just asked their Bills sources about Clowney trade and were either laughed at or told nothing brewing. Doesn’t mean it’s not happening but more grist for rumors.  

It means absolutely nothing brewing or the ship is completely tight lipped.

I'm leaning towards no such trade. No other blips of rumors out there

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

It means absolutely nothing brewing or the ship is completely tight lipped.

I'm leaning towards no such trade. No other blips of rumors out there

This regime has been pretty tight lipped.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If a team releases an OT, odds are the guy can’t play. It’s one of the thinnest positions in the league. You are more likely to land a decent pass rusher that way than a decent tackle. 

Out of 31 other teams, I'll bet there will be at least one surprise out there that no one saw coming.

45 minutes ago, MJS said:

Makes me wonder why we need to invest more in the defense when it is already solid. I won't complain because I trust Beane and McDermott, but I hope by making a trade like this it means that they are confident in the offense this year.

because you can always get better