Le"Veon Bells 1st carry.........

Tatonka68

21 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Le"Veon Bells 1st carry since 2017 will be against the Bills. We is not "participating" in the Preseason. Is this good for the Bills, will he be rusty or football shape for the 1st game? The last game he played where he held out was against the Cleveland Browns in 2017. He had 10 carries for 32 yards and 6 receptions for 15 yards. This could bode well for the Bills. The Steelers barely won 21-18 against the Browns who went 0-16.

Really going to be interesting to see if he is compatible with the new offense and o line 

I guess that I am not as worried as some of the rest of you.

I'm sorry, I just don't believe that an NFL running back, no matter how elite, can just step back in to that high level game conditions after sitting out for 22 months.

He always did hesitate before bursting through a hole in the line, I just think that his inevitable "rust" will effect him.

Especially after sitting out the pre-season.

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I guess that I am not as worried as some of the rest of you.

I'm sorry, I just don't believe that an NFL running back, no matter how elite, can just step back in to that high level game conditions after sitting out for 22 months.

He always did hesitate before bursting through a hole in the line, I just think that his inevitable "rust" will effect him.

Especially after sitting out the pre-season.

Anyone willing to sit out that long for any job doesn’t really love the job. That’s why I didn’t want him either and I’m not surprised he missed off-season stuff and is skipping pre-season. 

23 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yep this is a good point.  Still I think a year off at his age, incredibly fresh legs, he might be awfully difficult to contain.  We need to lay some serious hits one him quickly let him remember the pain.

I am very worried about our run D, every competent OC is going to study the tape from the second Pats game where we couldn't stop them.  I hate giving credit to belichek but he laid out a great game plan against us.

Dont you think we watched that tape as well.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gase had that tape available already before he played the Bills in week 17 last year. They did ok on the ground, not great . 90 yds no TDs from the 2 RBs combined. 

I think the 3 biggest boost to our run D are a healthy Milano, a heathy Shaq and our first round DT.

19 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think the 3 biggest boost to our run D are a healthy Milano, a heathy Shaq and our first round DT.

They not only were missing Milano at that point, they were missing Taron Johnson, who had been really good in the run game until he finally got pulled to repair the shoulder that he played with the entire season. A healthy TJ will be nice. 

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

If he has grown as much as they say it could be a serious game changer, but dont undersell the others especially Milano.

Yep, he’s the real X factor on the defense.