Le"Veon Bells 1st carry.........

Tatonka68

28 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don't necessarily buy this. What is your rationale? I think a RB who has had a year off shouldn't be any more or less prepared than one who's had an entire off-season off. Is Bell's year sabbatical that much more beneficial than Gore/Shady's decreased preseason/camp work load? 

I don't know

You don’t think Bell’s body is in better shape now than opposed  to if he took 400 nfl quality hits in a season?

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don't care about any skill position player that doesn't have the supporting cast. For example, I am not frightened of any WR that has a terrible QB. Same as I am not frightened of any RB that has a terrible OL. Bell is not going to have a good season. 

Crowell averaged 5.5 ypc and they improved their oline.  I don’t think he will be Bell on the Steelers but he is still a good Rb.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's not going to play in the pre-season?  Another player I'm glad they didn't get.

^^ this here; have the Jets committed to not playing him all preseason?  link?

i'm also with Biscuit on this, his body is healed and well rested, rust for a running back may be vision but he's gonna perform.

Now, that one full contact hit he takes vs the 'glancing' blows he's been used to may have some effect.

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You don’t think Bell’s body is in better shape now than opposed  to if he took 400 nfl quality hits in a season?

Crowell averaged 5.5 ypc and they improved their oline.  I don’t think he will be Bell on the Steelers but he is still a good Rb.

It was 4.8, and a third of his yards for the season came in one game on 15 carries.  His ypc is not an accurate reflection of his performance behind that line. 

31 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Crowell's average was that high thanks to 3 monster games.  And did they improve their OL? 

I really hope Bell still does the backfield hesitation crap he got away with behind Pittsburgh's elite line. Space will collapse behind the Jet's subpar line, and we'll get a lot of solid hits on him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Crowell's average was that high thanks to 3 monster games.  And did they improve their OL? 

I agree with both points.    Every team improved their Oline in the offseason on paper.   

Khalil was a good get for them, assuming he stays healthy at center, which isn't a great spot for a battered veteran.   That really saved their butts.  I have to admire the guys strategy, he announces retirement, loses a bunch of weight quickly to show that he's enjoying civilian life, but then slowly gains it back and stays in playing shape.  He skips all the OTA's and most of training camp and then has an "epiphany" that he really is gonna miss football so he signs a one year deal for $8.5 million and moves to the east coast to play in NY.   

I woulda done it the exact same way.

As far as LeVeon goes, we will be at full strength on defense opening day.   Good luck to anyone going up against our D who hasn't played in 2 years.   If he had a killer passing attack behind him and an experienced Oline that's played together for a few years, I might be worried.   But he doesn't.  He's toast.

4 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Le"Veon Bells 1st carry since 2017 will be against the Bills. We is not "participating" in the Preseason. Is this good for the Bills, will he be rusty or football shape for the 1st game? The last game he played where he held out was against the Cleveland Browns in 2017. He had 10 carries for 32 yards and 6 receptions for 15 yards. This could bode well for the Bills. The Steelers barely won 21-18 against the Browns who went 0-16.

I think the Jets will win unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

I agree with both points.    Every team improved their Oline in the offseason on paper.   

Khalil was a good get for them, assuming he stays healthy at center, which isn't a great spot for a battered veteran.   That really saved their butts.  I have to admire the guys strategy, he announces retirement, loses a bunch of weight quickly to show that he's enjoying civilian life, but then slowly gains it back and stays in playing shape.  He skips all the OTA's and most of training camp and then has an "epiphany" that he really is gonna miss football so he signs a one year deal for $8.5 million and moves to the east coast to play in NY.   

I woulda done it the exact same way.

As far as LeVeon goes, we will be at full strength on defense opening day.   Good luck to anyone going up against our D who hasn't played in 2 years.   If he had a killer passing attack behind him and an experienced Oline that's played together for a few years, I might be worried.   But he doesn't.  He's toast.

I disagree with that.  He was healthy last year and was really bad.