Immigration official Ken Cuccinelli: Statue of Liberty poem refers to immigrants from Europe

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Furthermore ....  Just Europe ??? 

Not Russian mail order brides?  oh sorry Russia is considered Europe 

Asians? Indians? Australians? Africa?

...now explain to me why the hell BOTH sets of grandparents, immigrants from Italy, came through Ellis Island the LEGAL WAY, but that no longer applies?..who changed the "rules"?....SMH....

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

disappointing is all the deflection  and the blind support for a fraud just because he ran as an R

huddled masses yearning to breathe free  

some could say those massive caravans fit that.  

Thanks all 

We have a legal immigration system.  The big fight is over those that want immigrants coming and getting citizenship in a legal and organized fashion and in reasonable numbers vs those that want immigrants to be able to come in by any means and for any reason and in any numbers.  We know why politicians want the latter.  Why any private citizen would want the latter is a head shaker. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

disappointing is all the deflection  and the blind support for a fraud just because he ran as an R

You ought to close your own thread just for this disingenuous comment.

Let's recap:

You post a link and say you'll wait for comments without explaining what kind of feedback you want.

You get feedback that dismantles the article with almost perfect precision.

Unable to complete an original thought in response, you respond with "Racist or not racist?"

Challenged about the poem in context, you explain you will no longer explain your position because you created this thread, so people should try to prove your homework, or leave the thread.

Completely lost in your own thread, you start referring to everyone who doesn't agree with you as blind supporters of Trump.

Posters like you make good message boards look like downtown LA at the moment everyone realizes Typhus is now a thing.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

You ought to close your own thread just for this disingenuous comment.

Let's recap:

You post a link and say you'll wait for comments without explaining what kind of feedback you want.

You get feedback that dismantles the article with almost perfect precision.

Unable to complete an original thought in response, you respond with "Racist or not racist?"

Challenged about the poem in context, you explain you will no longer explain your position because you created this thread, so people should try to prove your homework, or leave the thread.

Completely lost in your own thread, you start referring to everyone who doesn't agree with you as blind supporters of Trump.

Posters like you make good message boards look like downtown LA at the moment everyone realizes Typhus is now a thing.

He's just posting and then running to the Shout Box to brag about how he riled up PPP. A great victory has been claimed. Our TDS ("Trump Denial Syndrome") has evidently kicked in.

I honestly wish leftists were funnier and more original.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Furthermore ....  Just Europe ??? 

Not Russian mail order brides?  oh sorry Russia is considered Europe 

Asians? Indians? Australians? Africa?

So you are assuming all immigrants from non European countries are poor?

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"This administration’s cruel new policy called [Public Charge] is another racist policy that targets the less fortunate & is intended to prevent certain immigrants from becoming citizens & voters. It’s wrong & goes against our values. I will reverse it as president," Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.),

Nor is it "NEW"

Congress passed the first comprehensive immigration law in 1882, and that law included a provision to deport immigrants or exclude them from the country on the grounds that they would become a "public charge."

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...now explain to me why the hell BOTH sets of grandparents, immigrants from Italy, came through Ellis Island the LEGAL WAY, but that no longer applies?..who changed the "rules"?....SMH....

As did mine! And the Italians were considered at the bottom of the social ladder when they came. Calling critics of ILLEGAL immigration racist is total revisionist nonsense!  Get in line and wait your turn just like everyone else did...and still do!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

He's just posting and then running to the Shout Box to brag about how he riled up PPP. A great victory has been claimed. Our TDS ("Trump Denial Syndrome") has evidently kicked in.

You mean the unoriginal race-baiting douchebag @ShadyBillsFan is, in fact, nothing more than an unoriginal race-baiting douchebag?!?

no-way-im-shocked-memes-com-17968108.png

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As did mine! And the Italians were considered at the bottom of the social ladder when they came. Calling critics of ILLEGAL immigration racist is total revisionist nonsense!  Get in line and wait your turn just like everyone else did...and still do!

...one grandfather was a barber and opened his own barber shop with money saved......my grandmother took in sewing for additional income...my other grandfather opened a corner grocery store and remarried after his first wife died to my step grandmother who became a nurse....no handouts, no freebees, no entitlements, food stamps or EBT cards...combined they raised 13 children WITH NO ASSISTANCE (9 + 4)......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

My grandparents and parents as children came from Sicily, and besides the kids, the adults came one at a time. One had to sponsor another to come, they learned english, they didn't ask, nor wanted help from the government.

3 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

My grandparents and parents as children came from Sicily, and besides the kids, the adults came one at a time. One had to sponsor another to come, they learned english, they didn't ask, nor wanted help from the government.

....so who changed the rules?.....why did ours do it THE RIGHT WAY?.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I said I pissed some people off you idiot.  Get it right.  

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so who changed the rules?.....why did ours do it THE RIGHT WAY?.......

Good question, there also were no signs in Italian, nor were voting ballets in Italian either, they didn't fly the flag of Italy. They were proud to be Italian but more proud to be American

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Trump owns your soul and it’s hilarious. 

You’re a 65 year old who cries about Trump in the shoutbox 5x a day for 2 years now. 

Get it together dumbass,  the kids don’t want you at their antifa rally ???

No one has any use for a burnt out rat 

Edited by Teddy KGB

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

...and you have yet to answer my question as to why both sets of my Italian grandparents (deceased) did it THE RIGHT WAY through Ellis Island with NO entitlements, food stamps, EBT cards, Escalades or other government handouts?......how come?......

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

Good question, there also were no signs in Italian, nor were voting ballets in Italian either, they didn't fly the flag of Italy. They were proud to be Italian but more proud to be American

...DAMN RIGHT 'fancy........they honored the PRIVILEGE to come here no matter how or what it took....ALL LEGAL......

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Weird flex bro. You did say riled though. :lol:

3814sd.jpg

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Haha (+1) 1