CBS week 1

Negan

5 hours ago, DJB said:

She's just terrible. 

Voice is irritating,  her enthusiasm is all over the place.  Not much input into the game itself. 

Boring and an awful voice = Mowins just go away 

Memorizes a list of useless facts to recite to show she is a legit fan, we don’t need to hear any of them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

When I hear her voice I’m transported to her NBA work, starting the 2nd and 4th quarters, asking the 12 dumbest questions ever to a coach who hates this total beeping waste of time, while they filch out 1/3 of the game on the screen

4 hours ago, eball said:

Kevin Harlan's PBP call of the streaker during a game was one of the funniest things I've ever heard an announcer do.

Beat me to it.

This is hilarious, Kevin Harlan deserves an award for this.

"The guy is drunk, but there he goes!" :lol:

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, DJB said:

She's just terrible. 

Voice is irritating,  her enthusiasm is all over the place.  Not much input into the game itself. 

Boring and an awful voice = Mowins just go away 

Yes, she is terrible... I'm not sure if it is a geographic accent or what exactly is going on with her voice, but it's awful

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

Gives you the challenge of synching the TV to satellite radio.

Yes, this pretty much makes it impossible

Kevin Harlan is the best, so this is good news. We also get Gumbel and Green for the national broadcast of the Lions game next week. Wonder if Gumbel will talk about any passes being thrown to "THIS side"

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Actually easier than you think!!!!!

Not really, it loses seconds every commercial break on satellite 

unless you think that’s okey dokey

And streamlining bounces all over the place behind cable TV

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

Not really, it loses seconds every commercial break on satellite 

unless you think that’s okey dokey

And streamlining bounces all over the place behind cable TV

Not if your using sat radio with antenna and directv Sunday ticket. Once synced never lose sync 

Edited by Xwnyer

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Not if your using sat radio with antenna and directv Sunday ticket. Once synced never lose sync 

Not possible, they operate on different cycles,

cant stay perfectly synched, has to be a time diff somewhere....

i know many who insist everything with their gadgets is perfect 

It’s really cute and sweet 

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

Not possible, they operate on different cycles,

cant stay perfectly synched, has to be a time diff somewhere....

i know many who insist everything with their gadgets is perfect 

It’s really cute and sweet 

Dude I have been doing this for years now .  Even doing it with preseason game on local NC abc station.  Not that hard.  Now with an internet stream of video,or audio sure will likely need to adjust often but once I get the synch right NEVER adjust.  

I'm late to the party here but, for whatever it's worth, I actually don't mind Mowins voice.  I haven't heard too many of her games and I'll just always associate her voice to last year's week 17 demolition of the Fins.  What a friggin' sweet game that was!  And I've seen that highlight vid about 100 times now and counting.  I'll never get tired of that one.

And I'm really ok with any t.v. crew as long as it's not Buck and Aikman.  Man that's a terrible combination.  Buck needs to stick to baseball.  IMO of course.

Thanks for the Harlan vid of that idiot running on the field.  So damn funny!  I thought they weren't supposed to acknowledge those morons when they do stuff like that.  I guess Harlan didn't get the memo.  He went all out.