CBS week 1

Negan

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Who are the bird and the beard?

My guess would be Eyein' Eagle and Dan Fouts.

Also, I'm in on Beth Mowins - I think she's pretty good - and way in on Kevin Harlan.  Best play-by-play for a while now in both football and basketball.  Unlike Gus Johnson, he's never turned into self-parody IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm legitimately curious to know what you don't like about her. Is it JUST that she's a woman, or is there something else?

She's just terrible. 

Voice is irritating,  her enthusiasm is all over the place.  Not much input into the game itself. 

Boring and an awful voice = Mowins just go away 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I don't think women should be calling football games, either.

Lots of white knights on TBD today.   Your virtue signalling is noted, pat yourself on the back.

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just taking a guess, here ... Jeff Garcia and his wife???

So, in one post you're all Male Feminist, then the next one you make a gay joke?  Im not sure you're doing this right

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Lots of white knights on TBD today.   Your virtue signalling is noted, pat yourself on the back.

So, in one post you're all Male Feminist, then the next one you make a gay joke?  Im not sure you're doing this right

Key word ...  both posts ... joke.

Although, Beth Mowins is the worst at what she does.  Nothing to do with her gender.  She's just terrible.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Key word ...  both posts ... joke.

Although, Beth Mowins is the worst at what she does.  Nothing to do with her gender.  She's just terrible.

OK, i made the mistake of assuming you were going SJW, my apology.  Agreed on Beth Mowins, it's a forced situation to prove a point that does indeed prove a point, just not the one they intended

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

She isnt bad though, if ignore her tone. :D

I don't mind what she says, but that voice could literally kill a deaf person. I had to mute the entire game against the dolphins that she called last season. I have nothing wrong with women in the booth, but I can't stand her- my wife agrees.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I don't mind what she says, but that voice could literally kill a deaf person. I had to mute the entire game against the dolphins that she called last season. I have nothing wrong with women in the booth, but I can't stand her- my wife agrees.

im not a fan of trannies myself but she grows on ya overtime :lol:

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My wife agrees too.

I could really give a #### if a woman announces the game, but please FFS, not Beth.

I agree with the Beth Mowins comments.  The sound of her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.  I cringe whenever I turn out a game and hear that voice.  I support women in every way, but I cannot stand Beth in the booth.  I don't THINK that the content of what she says is that bad, but the voice is so horrible that I find myself unable to listen to what she is saying.

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm legitimately curious to know what you don't like about her. Is it JUST that she's a woman, or is there something else?

It is just that she is hard to listen to, has no clue and horrible at her job. Thats all

7 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Its simply the voice, like nails on a chalk board IMHO.

Has nothing to do with her being a woman, there are male voices I can't stand as well.

and this

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I agree with the Beth Mowins comments.  The sound of her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.  I cringe whenever I turn out a game and hear that voice.  I support women in every way, but I cannot stand Beth in the booth.  I don't THINK that the content of what she says is that bad, but the voice is so horrible that I find myself unable to listen to what she is saying.

Yeah- I absolutely am the into any human on the calling sports. But you want pleasant voice to hear and a passionate lover of the sport. 

I can’t speak to the later, but her voice, it’s like too baritone and straining or something.  

2 hours ago, eball said:

Kevin Harlan's PBP call of the streaker during a game was one of the funniest things I've ever heard an announcer do.

Thank you- this is outstanding 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

I’d say Troy Aikman, but he’s on Fox.

Aikman tends to get lost inside his own head mid telecast 

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just taking a guess, here ... Jeff Garcia and his wife???

Eagles and Fouts? 

Allthough i I like yours better

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood