Jump to content
LBSeeBallLBGetBall

NFL and Jay-Z Team Up

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

No. PR is about telling people what they want to hear. Doesn't matter you you think the real issue is.

Again, NFL fans don’t care about “ social justice “ when it comes to football. There was never a connection before CK. I don’t think anyone except some players felt there was a lack of attention in this area by the NFL. The NFL has been involved with all kinds of charities forever , and very much in the public eye. So who exactly does T Pegs think wants to hear about such political drivel ? He talks of bad PR, then calls for more fuel on the fire. He shouldn’t confuse the gripes of NFL labor with public sentiment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again, NFL fans don’t care about “ social justice “ when it comes to football. There was never a connection before CK. I don’t think anyone except some players felt there was a lack of attention in this area by the NFL. The NFL has been involved with all kinds of charities forever , and very much in the public eye. So who exactly does T Pegs think wants to hear about such political drivel ? He talks of bad PR, then calls for more fuel on the fire. He shouldn’t confuse the gripes of NFL labor with public sentiment. 

Just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone feels that way. That's what you are forgetting. And it isn't just NFL fans that are the target audience. It's everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJS said:

Just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone feels that way. That's what you are forgetting. And it isn't just NFL fans that are the target audience. It's everyone.

Not sure what you think, but the bad PR came from people upset over Kaeps “ protest”, not people who thought it was somehow a good thing. That would be considered “ good “ PR, not bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not sure what you think, but the bad PR came from people upset over Kaeps “ protest”, not people who thought it was somehow a good thing. That would be considered “ good “ PR, not bad. 

I guess you are focused on your half of the population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I guess you are focused on your half of the population.

Which half is that ?  If you for example, support CKs disrespectful “ protest” and think it’s cool, just where is the bad PR ? It’s a good thing to be supported and celebrated, so it’s all good. Pegulas logic was something along the lines of “ there’s bad PR out there, we need more kneeling “. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Which half is that ?  If you for example, support CKs disrespectful “ protest” and think it’s cool, just where is the bad PR ? It’s a good thing to be supported and celebrated, so it’s all good. Pegulas logic was something along the lines of “ there’s bad PR out there, we need more kneeling “. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here. 

The half that thinks that Kaep had no right to kneel during the anthem. The other half thinks the opposite.

 

Clearly there has been bad PR for the NFL, not just from those who didn't like the kneeling.

 

If you don't like Pegula, I can safely assume that nobody cares. Have a good rest of your day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Any PR problem was nonexistent until created by Kaep. Heck, even the occasional bit of bad PR from domestic assault cases here and there was generally short lived. Pegulas silly statement shows that he believes the narrative. 

 

So true.  There was never a PR problem when everyone fell in line and kept their mouths shut about how effed up our country is.  Damn Kaep didn't know his place!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Jiggaman is a hustler baby 

 

Yeah it's an open grift, NFL is dumb enough to fall for it. 

 

get woke, go broke

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MJS said:

The half that thinks that Kaep had no right to kneel during the anthem. The other half thinks the opposite.

 

Clearly there has been bad PR for the NFL, not just from those who didn't like the kneeling.

 

If you don't like Pegula, I can safely assume that nobody cares. Have a good rest of your day!

You have a good day as well. You still didn’t explain what you think the bad PR for the NFL was or why Pegulas comment made any sense at all. If no one cared what anyone thought of anything, you can safely assume none of us would spend any time on this board !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27387173/jay-z-defends-nfl-roc-nation-deal-talks-kaep

 

Quote

When asked why he didn't involve Kaepernick in the new Roc Nation-NFL deal, Jay-Z said: "You'd have to ask him. I'm not his boss. I can't just bring him into something. That's for him to say."

Jay Z went on to say that this isn't about getting Kaep a job. He must agree that "If he's good enough, they'd sign him."

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

HOV is da Greatest! This man continues to make moves 😎🙌🏾

 

"I said no to the Super Bowl: you need me, I don't need you
Every night we in the end zone, tell the NFL we in stadiums too" - Jay-Z aka Hova 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

 

Which really shows Jay-Z to be a bit of a sellout. 

 

 

Oh yes.  Before this, no one was sure....

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sports and politics (and issues like race) have always been intertwined. We don't mind when sports seem to take an approach to the issues we agree with, and we do when they don't. It's as simple as that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jay Z is most definitely a sell out. But a large number of NFL owners have publicized and even pushed their political agenda. If you have a problem with this, you should have a problem with the owner's as well. Unless of course, your only problem with this is that you don't approve of the MESSAGE and not the injection of politics. I'll leave this thread alone now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You mean Jim Brown the women beater?  It’s hilarious what people just get on their morale high horse about.  

 

FTR, I wouldn’t have kneeled.  I also won’t be more upset about silent protest more than I care the NFL employing scumbags like RI, Mixon, and Tyreek Hill.  So many fake patriots who got more upset about a guy kneeling than a guy getting drafted in the 2nd round after punching a woman. Hypocrisy. 

 

You realize of course it's possible to not like both a women-beating piece of feces like Hill AND an anti-american douchenozzle like Kaepernick, right?

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is such a beautiful piece of *****. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Element115 said:

This is so stupid. I want to watch FOOTBALL, not be told how to think!

 

During which part of the game are you (or will you be) told how to think?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teef said:

This thread is such a beautiful piece of *****. 

anigif_enhanced-15248-1410715723-11.gif?

Jemele Hill, saying Jemele Hill things.

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/jay-z-helps-nfl-banish-colin-kaepernick/596146/

 

Now that the NFL has Jay-Z’s blessing, it’s conceivable that some of those entertainers who distanced themselves from the NFL might change their mind. Jay-Z has given the NFL exactly what it wanted: guilt-free access to black audiences, culture, entertainers, and influencers.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't think of anyone worse, maybe Sharpton, but really Jay-Z?  Guy hates cops, unless of course he needs one, which all these SJW conveniently forget.

 

Tim-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, purple haze said:

I hear you.  I would state that in Jim Brown's day people said the same thing about his chosen means of protest that people today said about Kap's and other players.

Jim Brown in his 20s and 30s would have kneeled, no matter what he says now. Not saying it’s either bad or good, he just would have. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1b6a3570-beee-11e9-b7bf-42142cf403cd

Colin Kaepernick highlights protest effort amid Jay-Z controversy: 'How can you stand for the national anthem?'

 

Jay-Z claims he talked with Kaepernick

Jay-Z faced questions about Kaepernick’s involvement in the NFL deal in a joint news conference with league commissioner Roger Goodell officially announcing the partnership earlier Wednesday.

 

e told reporters that he had spoken with Kaepernick.

 

“I would never tell you what me and Kap’s private conversation was about, but we spoke, yeah,” Jay-Z said, according to Variety.

Kaepernick’s camp says otherwise

This appears to contradict a statement from Kaepernick’s friend, fellow protestor and Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, who tweeted Tuesday night that Kaepernick was not consulted about the partnership.

 

 

Context not clear

The context of Jay-Z’s claim that he spoke with Kaepernick is muddy. It’s unclear if he meant that he had spoken with Kaepernick about other issues or if he had spoken with Kaepernick since he made an agreement with the NFL — or something else entirely.

 

But the hubbub over his statement is crystal clear.

This is a problem for Jay-Z

As of now, it looks like Jay-Z is taking sides with the NFL and working to help the league in its effort to shift anything that looks like protest as far away from the field as possible — all while Kaepernick remains unemployed by the league.

 

Coming from a guy who basically laid an NFL diss track bragging about saying no to the Super Bowl, it looks on the surface to be an about-face.

Until and unless Jay-Z executes a master plan that satiates the heart of Kaepernick’s protest movement, he’s going to be vulnerable to the torrent of criticism that has rained down upon him since Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

 

1b6a3570-beee-11e9-b7bf-42142cf403cd

Colin Kaepernick highlights protest effort amid Jay-Z controversy: 'How can you stand for the national anthem?'

 

Jay-Z claims he talked with Kaepernick

Jay-Z faced questions about Kaepernick’s involvement in the NFL deal in a joint news conference with league commissioner Roger Goodell officially announcing the partnership earlier Wednesday.

 

e told reporters that he had spoken with Kaepernick.

 

“I would never tell you what me and Kap’s private conversation was about, but we spoke, yeah,” Jay-Z said, according to Variety.

Kaepernick’s camp says otherwise

This appears to contradict a statement from Kaepernick’s friend, fellow protestor and Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, who tweeted Tuesday night that Kaepernick was not consulted about the partnership.

 

 

Context not clear

The context of Jay-Z’s claim that he spoke with Kaepernick is muddy. It’s unclear if he meant that he had spoken with Kaepernick about other issues or if he had spoken with Kaepernick since he made an agreement with the NFL — or something else entirely.

 

But the hubbub over his statement is crystal clear.

This is a problem for Jay-Z

As of now, it looks like Jay-Z is taking sides with the NFL and working to help the league in its effort to shift anything that looks like protest as far away from the field as possible — all while Kaepernick remains unemployed by the league.

 

Coming from a guy who basically laid an NFL diss track bragging about saying no to the Super Bowl, it looks on the surface to be an about-face.

Until and unless Jay-Z executes a master plan that satiates the heart of Kaepernick’s protest movement, he’s going to be vulnerable to the torrent of criticism that has rained down upon him since Tuesday.

Well if NESSA nessnitty said it, it has to be true. :( 

Edited by Rico
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...