NFL and Jay-Z Team Up

LB3

Jay Z is most definitely a sell out. But a large number of NFL owners have publicized and even pushed their political agenda. If you have a problem with this, you should have a problem with the owner's as well. Unless of course, your only problem with this is that you don't approve of the MESSAGE and not the injection of politics. I'll leave this thread alone now.

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You mean Jim Brown the women beater?  It’s hilarious what people just get on their morale high horse about.  

FTR, I wouldn’t have kneeled.  I also won’t be more upset about silent protest more than I care the NFL employing scumbags like RI, Mixon, and Tyreek Hill.  So many fake patriots who got more upset about a guy kneeling than a guy getting drafted in the 2nd round after punching a woman. Hypocrisy. 

You realize of course it's possible to not like both a women-beating piece of feces like Hill AND an anti-american douchenozzle like Kaepernick, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

This thread is such a beautiful piece of *****. 

anigif_enhanced-15248-1410715723-11.gif?

Jemele Hill, saying Jemele Hill things.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/jay-z-helps-nfl-banish-colin-kaepernick/596146/

Now that the NFL has Jay-Z’s blessing, it’s conceivable that some of those entertainers who distanced themselves from the NFL might change their mind. Jay-Z has given the NFL exactly what it wanted: guilt-free access to black audiences, culture, entertainers, and influencers.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, purple haze said:

I hear you.  I would state that in Jim Brown's day people said the same thing about his chosen means of protest that people today said about Kap's and other players.

Jim Brown in his 20s and 30s would have kneeled, no matter what he says now. Not saying it’s either bad or good, he just would have. 

• Like (+1) 1

1b6a3570-beee-11e9-b7bf-42142cf403cd

Colin Kaepernick highlights protest effort amid Jay-Z controversy: 'How can you stand for the national anthem?'

Jay-Z claims he talked with Kaepernick

Jay-Z faced questions about Kaepernick’s involvement in the NFL deal in a joint news conference with league commissioner Roger Goodell officially announcing the partnership earlier Wednesday.

e told reporters that he had spoken with Kaepernick.

“I would never tell you what me and Kap’s private conversation was about, but we spoke, yeah,” Jay-Z said, according to Variety.

Kaepernick’s camp says otherwise

This appears to contradict a statement from Kaepernick’s friend, fellow protestor and Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, who tweeted Tuesday night that Kaepernick was not consulted about the partnership.

Context not clear

The context of Jay-Z’s claim that he spoke with Kaepernick is muddy. It’s unclear if he meant that he had spoken with Kaepernick about other issues or if he had spoken with Kaepernick since he made an agreement with the NFL — or something else entirely.

But the hubbub over his statement is crystal clear.

This is a problem for Jay-Z

As of now, it looks like Jay-Z is taking sides with the NFL and working to help the league in its effort to shift anything that looks like protest as far away from the field as possible — all while Kaepernick remains unemployed by the league.

Coming from a guy who basically laid an NFL diss track bragging about saying no to the Super Bowl, it looks on the surface to be an about-face.

Until and unless Jay-Z executes a master plan that satiates the heart of Kaepernick’s protest movement, he’s going to be vulnerable to the torrent of criticism that has rained down upon him since Tuesday.

30 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

1b6a3570-beee-11e9-b7bf-42142cf403cd

Colin Kaepernick highlights protest effort amid Jay-Z controversy: 'How can you stand for the national anthem?'

Jay-Z claims he talked with Kaepernick

Jay-Z faced questions about Kaepernick’s involvement in the NFL deal in a joint news conference with league commissioner Roger Goodell officially announcing the partnership earlier Wednesday.

e told reporters that he had spoken with Kaepernick.

“I would never tell you what me and Kap’s private conversation was about, but we spoke, yeah,” Jay-Z said, according to Variety.

Kaepernick’s camp says otherwise

This appears to contradict a statement from Kaepernick’s friend, fellow protestor and Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, who tweeted Tuesday night that Kaepernick was not consulted about the partnership.

Context not clear

The context of Jay-Z’s claim that he spoke with Kaepernick is muddy. It’s unclear if he meant that he had spoken with Kaepernick about other issues or if he had spoken with Kaepernick since he made an agreement with the NFL — or something else entirely.

But the hubbub over his statement is crystal clear.

This is a problem for Jay-Z

As of now, it looks like Jay-Z is taking sides with the NFL and working to help the league in its effort to shift anything that looks like protest as far away from the field as possible — all while Kaepernick remains unemployed by the league.

Coming from a guy who basically laid an NFL diss track bragging about saying no to the Super Bowl, it looks on the surface to be an about-face.

Until and unless Jay-Z executes a master plan that satiates the heart of Kaepernick’s protest movement, he’s going to be vulnerable to the torrent of criticism that has rained down upon him since Tuesday.

Well if NESSA nessnitty said it, it has to be true. :( 

Edited by Rico
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Dante said:

NFL seems to be going out of it's way to destroy itself.

?

if this is your breaking point and not the women beating and concussion stuff, you need to look in the mirror. 

On 8/15/2019 at 11:37 AM, D521646 said:

I can't think of anyone worse, maybe Sharpton, but really Jay-Z?  Guy hates cops, unless of course he needs one, which all these SJW conveniently forget.

Tim-

The guy talked about stuff he saw growing up, made a very good career out of it, then became an extremely successful businessman.  Sounds like the definition of an American rages to riches story.

Maybe he should have just gotten a small loan of million dollars to be a hero to some of you.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

On 8/14/2019 at 10:10 AM, mjt328 said:

Agree with H2o.  Sports and Entertainment used to be a way to escape from political issues.  

Now athletes and celebrities are drawing a dividing line, and forcing the fans to pick which side they are going to support.

Most people would have been OK with Colin Kaepernick if he kept his activism off the football field.  And truth be told, he would probably still have a backup QB job somewhere.  But he (and many other players) screwed up when they decided to use the NFL as a platform for their ideas.  

The term "Social Justice" sounds nice and like something everyone should be able to get behind.  But in reality, it's a partisan/agenda-driven set of ideals.  

If the NFL starts publicly supporting many of these initiatives, it's going to spark a lot of controversy and backlash.  

If by "social justice" you mean "Don't shoot black people in ordinary traffic stops," then yes, I am an SJW. What is the "other side"of this issue? "Yes, it's okay to shoot black people--getting upset about it is political and racist"?

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 2