NFL and Jay-Z Team Up

LB3

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hope you truly believe this.  And I do understand the part of keeping sports separate, I do.  But in this country, sports has such an impact that you have a bigger voice than most professions.  It’s sad but that’s how it is.    

I do my friend and it is how I live my life every day. I also understand the need for change in many areas of life in this world. That change begins with each individual making the smallest of efforts to make a difference. For instance, there was an older lady in front of me at a Walmart one day. She had picked up some groceries and a few general household items. When it came time to pay she tried to use a check. She said her bank card recently had to be cancelled due to some fraudulent activities picked up by her bank. They gave her basically some starter checks to make it until her new card arrived. The system would not accept the check. She started to get a bit frazzled because she didn't know how she was going to make it for a week without one as she had no cash and wouldn't be able to go into the bank for another two days. I could tell she was being sincere. I walked up to where she was, smiled, put my card in the machine, and paid for her items. The cashier smiled saying how nice it was for me to do that and the lady was more than grateful calling me an angel. I don't tell this story because I want a pat on the back or any kind of recognition. I tell it because things like this have an impact on everyone involved. This older lady and cashier will remember the middle aged, shaven bald, white guy who went out of his way to be a blessing to someone else. It has an impact upon me because I know I am helping people to keep faith in humanity, that not everyone is the same despite how they may be stereotyped. I raise my children the same way and they get it too. Me personally, I feel if everyone did things like this not only would the world be a better place, but the impact would be broader than that of any rally that could potentially turn into a riot for whatever reason. Making small differences changes the big picture. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If Jay-Z can make the SB halftime show better, good for him.  

I doubt he does this deal with the NFL and if so, it's not for very long.  He doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to withstand the heat he's absolutely going to get no matter what he does.  

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I like Pegula a lot less after reading this..a lot less!

Why? He's right. The NFL does have a PR problem and they would be smart to do something about it.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why? He's right. The NFL does have a PR problem and they would be smart to do something about it.

Any PR problem was nonexistent until created by Kaep. Heck, even the occasional bit of bad PR from domestic assault cases here and there was generally short lived. Pegulas silly statement shows that he believes the narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Any PR problem was nonexistent until created by Kaep. Heck, even the occasional bit of bad PR from domestic assault cases here and there was generally short lived. Pegulas silly statement shows that he believes the narrative. 

Regardless of your view on the overall "narrative", the NFL has received years of bad PR because of it. That's a fact.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Regardless of your view on the overall "narrative", the NFL has received years of bad PR because of it. That's a fact.

They have. Pegulas focus on “ social justice” shows his lack of understanding on just what the bad PR is. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They have. Pegulas focus on “ social justice” shows his lack of understanding on just what the bad PR is. 

No. PR is about telling people what they want to hear. Doesn't matter you you think the real issue is.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

No. PR is about telling people what they want to hear. Doesn't matter you you think the real issue is.

Again, NFL fans don’t care about “ social justice “ when it comes to football. There was never a connection before CK. I don’t think anyone except some players felt there was a lack of attention in this area by the NFL. The NFL has been involved with all kinds of charities forever , and very much in the public eye. So who exactly does T Pegs think wants to hear about such political drivel ? He talks of bad PR, then calls for more fuel on the fire. He shouldn’t confuse the gripes of NFL labor with public sentiment. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again, NFL fans don’t care about “ social justice “ when it comes to football. There was never a connection before CK. I don’t think anyone except some players felt there was a lack of attention in this area by the NFL. The NFL has been involved with all kinds of charities forever , and very much in the public eye. So who exactly does T Pegs think wants to hear about such political drivel ? He talks of bad PR, then calls for more fuel on the fire. He shouldn’t confuse the gripes of NFL labor with public sentiment. 

Just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone feels that way. That's what you are forgetting. And it isn't just NFL fans that are the target audience. It's everyone.

Just now, MJS said:

Just because you feel that way doesn't mean everyone feels that way. That's what you are forgetting. And it isn't just NFL fans that are the target audience. It's everyone.

Not sure what you think, but the bad PR came from people upset over Kaeps “ protest”, not people who thought it was somehow a good thing. That would be considered “ good “ PR, not bad. 

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not sure what you think, but the bad PR came from people upset over Kaeps “ protest”, not people who thought it was somehow a good thing. That would be considered “ good “ PR, not bad. 

I guess you are focused on your half of the population.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I guess you are focused on your half of the population.

Which half is that ?  If you for example, support CKs disrespectful “ protest” and think it’s cool, just where is the bad PR ? It’s a good thing to be supported and celebrated, so it’s all good. Pegulas logic was something along the lines of “ there’s bad PR out there, we need more kneeling “. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Which half is that ?  If you for example, support CKs disrespectful “ protest” and think it’s cool, just where is the bad PR ? It’s a good thing to be supported and celebrated, so it’s all good. Pegulas logic was something along the lines of “ there’s bad PR out there, we need more kneeling “. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make here. 

The half that thinks that Kaep had no right to kneel during the anthem. The other half thinks the opposite.

Clearly there has been bad PR for the NFL, not just from those who didn't like the kneeling.

If you don't like Pegula, I can safely assume that nobody cares. Have a good rest of your day!

51 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So true.  There was never a PR problem when everyone fell in line and kept their mouths shut about how effed up our country is.  Damn Kaep didn't know his place!!! 

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

The half that thinks that Kaep had no right to kneel during the anthem. The other half thinks the opposite.

Clearly there has been bad PR for the NFL, not just from those who didn't like the kneeling.

If you don't like Pegula, I can safely assume that nobody cares. Have a good rest of your day!

You have a good day as well. You still didn’t explain what you think the bad PR for the NFL was or why Pegulas comment made any sense at all. If no one cared what anyone thought of anything, you can safely assume none of us would spend any time on this board !

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27387173/jay-z-defends-nfl-roc-nation-deal-talks-kaep

When asked why he didn't involve Kaepernick in the new Roc Nation-NFL deal, Jay-Z said: "You'd have to ask him. I'm not his boss. I can't just bring him into something. That's for him to say."

Jay Z went on to say that this isn't about getting Kaep a job. He must agree that "If he's good enough, they'd sign him."

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall