NFL and Jay-Z Team Up

LB3

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Oh look, the thoughtful observer has found something else to argue about. 

Don’t pretend to know my motives, you’ll end up looking like a schmuck.

I mentioned Jim brown because the poster I was responding to did first. The kneeling issue isn’t at hand, I merely used the article to reference Brown’s view on athletes protesting. Again, based on context. 

And as far as the domestic abuse situation goes- 2 things

1- nice job changing the subject for no reason, it really goes well with your all too familiar schtick as a pot stirrer. 

2- I have every problem with scum like that in the NFL, and if you’re implying that I don’t (while labeling me a “false patriot”, if indeed you were limping me in that group) I encourage you to take your bad, biased opinions and shove them back up your ass where you got them.

Haha, stop being so sensitive.  And stop trying to be a tough guy on a message board.  No one believes you. 

1 - I don’t even know why CK was brought up

2 - you don’t see the problem with using a guy accused of beating women to back up a point?  

3 - a real American recognizes freedom of speech, especially when it’s literally hurting no one.

4 - if you ever played football, you know it’s a very diverse group of guys.  I could care less about Bosa and RI loving Trump or CK having his opinions.  And the far majority of players don’t either.  Why do fans?

5 - it’s fact that more fans are outraged by CK then by anyone of the scumbags who hit women or threaten to shoot up a funeral home or assault their grandmother.  I missed where fans were giving up watching the nfl after Joe Mixon and Jeffrey Simmons got drafted.

like I said, I stand but I’m terms of things I get angry about, this is at the bottom of the list.  You can think America is the greatest country but still understand there are a lot of issues that can be changed. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

People are going to act out of the condition of their own heart. White, black, hispanic, asian, indian, whatever. There are people wrong on all sides. Treat people how you would want to be treated. There is a difference between trying to make a difference and trying to force feed the masses.  Hire those with an agenda as such and that usually happens. In turn you will have Newton's 3rd Law basically. I choose to make a difference one day and one person at a time, outside of any public light. That's just me. Make whatever assumptions from that you may like. :thumbsup:

I hope you truly believe this.  And I do understand the part of keeping sports separate, I do.  But in this country, sports has such an impact that you have a bigger voice than most professions.  It’s sad but that’s how it is.  

If it was a player from rural America who did this because of the lack of jobs and poverty, I’d listen rather than get angry about it.  

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This makes as much sense as Jay-Z performing at "Woodstock," would have made.

Who would you have?  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, stop being so sensitive.  And stop trying to be a tough guy on a message board.  No one believes you. 

1 - I don’t even know why CK was brought up

2 - you don’t see the problem with using a guy accused of beating women to back up a point?  

3 - a real American recognizes freedom of speech, especially when it’s literally hurting no one.

4 - if you ever played football, you know it’s a very diverse group of guys.  I could care less about Bosa and RI loving Trump or CK having his opinions.  And the far majority of players don’t either.  Why do fans?

5 - it’s fact that more fans are outraged by CK then by anyone of the scumbags who hit women or threaten to shoot up a funeral home or assault their grandmother.  I missed where fans were giving up watching the nfl after Joe Mixon and Jeffrey Simmons got drafted.

like I said, I stand but I’m terms of things I get angry about, this is at the bottom of the list.  You can think America is the greatest country but still understand there are a lot of issues that can be changed. 

You're right. I will stop trying to be a tough guy. Obviously people who act superior on a message board are major #######s... If I see any I'll let you know.

I'm done with this diversion, go re-read all of my posts in this thread and if you still can't understand my points without trying to deflect and change the subject, try some in depth reading material to sharpen your comprehension skills: 

Image result for see spot run

• Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Nothing wrong with players having causes and using their proper platforms for to change things they feel are important. That being said, there's a way to do it, and there's a way to not. A lot of what we see lately is empty posturing. You mentioned Jim Brown- his take on the kneeling situation (not to bring all that into this thread) is really illuminating-- Believe what you believe and strive for change, just do it the right ways. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/08/25/jim-brown-colin-kaepernick-i-dont-desecrate-my-flag-and-my-national-anthem/602349001/

As long as they stick to their pre-approved places and don't make me feel uncomfortable..

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You're right. I will stop trying to be a tough guy. Obviously people who act superior on a message board are major #######s... If I see any I'll let you know.

I'm done with this diversion, go re-read all of my posts in this thread and if you still can't understand my points without trying to deflect and change the subject, try some in depth reading material to sharpen your comprehension skills: 

Image result for see spot run

I literally countered all your points.  You’re deflecting now.  I’m honestly laughing at this.  You’re a Bills fan and so am I.  You’re an American (assuming) and so am I.  It’s ok to have different opinions.  No need to get angry about it.  If you met me in person, you liked me and want to have a beer with me.  I don’t know you (honestly I just respond to post and rarely look at the poster’s name) so it’s nothing personal and hope you keep it the same.  Have a great day boss. 

51 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Agree with H2o.  Sports and Entertainment used to be a way to escape from political issues.  

Now athletes and celebrities are drawing a dividing line, and forcing the fans to pick which side they are going to support.

The term "Social Justice" sounds nice and like something everyone should be able to get behind.  But in reality, it's a partisan/agenda-driven set of ideals.  

If the NFL starts publicly supporting many of these initiatives, it's going to spark a lot of controversy and backlash.  

I’ll concur. “ social justice” only sounds nice to the very naive or those brainwashed by CNN. It’s one of the most negative and divisive terms currently in vogue. A huge part of the whole “ caucasians are bad, we must pay for our whiteness” mentality out there. This partnership is bunk. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’ll concur. “ social justice” only sounds nice to the very naive or those brainwashed by CNN. It’s one of the most negative and divisive terms currently in vogue. A huge part of the whole “ caucasians are bad, we must pay for our whiteness” mentality out there. This partnership is bunk. 

I prefer unbiased sources like Fox. No one has been brainwashed by them. 

Very few news stations are unbiased.  And think that is a huge part of the problem in this country.  Personally, I don’t care what some talking head has to say.  I don’t just go one way all the time because of my party (2 choices is pathetic too, bloods and crips). 

47 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Okay, right... I’m not getting into all of that, and I think we would agree on some things and disagree on others, but my point was merely that you personally stated that folks like Jim brown represent athletes that also take stands (no pun intended) and I was showing that, while that’s true, he has a different view on how to handle some things over what is common now, and over what I imagine would be Jay-Z’s side of the spectrum. 

I hear you.  I would state that in Jim Brown's day people said the same thing about his chosen means of protest that people today said about Kap's and other players.

• Like (+1) 3