Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

30 minutes ago, Bills Oil Company said:

This is also a negotiation tactic.   He's getting out in front of it now.   They made a short sided bad deal buying Directv.   Large corporations are notorious for this - I work for one.  Their base of viewers is declining but still significant.  If they lose exclusivity on the NFL, they lose at least 33% of their base.  Maybe more.  They know this. However, his margins continue to be squeezed from both ends as well.  Content providers have more outlets for distribution now, so more bidders to drive the price up.   On the opposite end, consumers like us demand discounts or we switch platforms (eroding margins because of more competition).   This is the beauty of capitalism.  His goal is keep base viewers and margins stable until they can dump Directv.  They're going to be hard pressed to keep both on the up and up long term. 

Losing exclusivity doesn’t mean that it’s a loss of service. If you’re a Direct Tv subscriber, you will still be able to get the ticket, so there would be no reason to quit the service. Unless it isn’t competitively priced with the market, then that’s on Direct TV. 

AT&T isn’t going to abandon the partnership with the NFL, they’re just going to lose the exclusive deal. This is clearly signaling a change in how it the NFL will be distributing its product after this deal ends. 

Im sure that this will be a sticking point after this next CBA. 

• Like (+1) 1

Random Q for anyone that is a paying DTVST streaming customer. I am going to need to watch on my laptop this weekend (out of USA, need to VPN in). Do the games just show up on nflsundayticket.tv the day of? when I'm home my app of choice will already hav the games up. Is there another URL you need to hit in order to see the roster of games? 

thanks

If you know or have a college student you can get SundayTicket U for around $120 a year. I started  this several years ago and switched to a much cheaper cable package. 

It’s a streaming package, you have to watch it on the mobile app, but there’s an app on appleTV and other devices to watch it easily on my TV without tying up my phone. 

My last daughter is a junior, so I have a few more years. Hopefully there will be better options by then. But said that years ago. I had the SundayTicket for over 15 years starting with year one. I just got tired of fighting with them. 

41 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Random Q for anyone that is a paying DTVST streaming customer. I am going to need to watch on my laptop this weekend (out of USA, need to VPN in). Do the games just show up on nflsundayticket.tv the day of? when I'm home my app of choice will already hav the games up. Is there another URL you need to hit in order to see the roster of games? 

thanks

you used to just go to DIRECTV website and there would be a link from the main page. Just had to log in first. 

52 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

thanks

10 minutes ago, SRQ_BillsFan said:

If you know or have a college student you can get SundayTicket U for around $120 a year. I started  this several years ago and switched to a much cheaper cable package. 

It’s a streaming package, you have to watch it on the mobile app, but there’s an app on appleTV and other devices to watch it easily on my TV without tying up my phone. 

My last daughter is a junior, so I have a few more years. Hopefully there will be better options by then. But said that years ago. I had the SundayTicket for over 15 years starting with year one. I just got tired of fighting with them. 

you used to just go to DIRECTV website and there would be a link from the main page. Just had to log in first. 

been a long time for me as well on a laptop, but this is what I did when watching on a laptop as well. Been using an app for 2nd TV so long now. Its funny, the one sentence you state got tired of fighting with them, as we all have, Wonder if they they never gave any discounts/promotions and we would have never fought them if they would be in a better place with them now?

On 9/27/2019 at 3:26 PM, Clemfield2622 said:

I got my most recent DTV bill and my promo ran out.

I called and threatened to cancel unless they restored my promo pricing.

They refused, so I quit.

Not even 12 hours later they called me and offered $200 Visa gift card, my old rate back, and Sunday ticket for the balance of the season.

I'm gonna see how much more I can squeeze.

Getting greedy?  I got a 200 gift card 59$ service for next 12 months and ST max free.  I am a very happy camper not sure how much more you think you can squeeze?

On 9/19/2019 at 6:23 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Not so fast my friend! One must always read the details!

(soory bout the font and color)

think if you want Bills games will have to have someone from WNY sign up, and my guess is would want to have a VPN connect to a server in Buffalo when watching.  Otherwise, if i sign up for that with my Richmond address, i will only be able to watch the CBS game thay are showing in Richmond.

I believe GPS spoofing works on CBS All Access, but don't hold me to that. 

It used to work on the NFL Mobile app but I think they figured out what was going on and figured kut a way to prevent that.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I keep a log book of weather outages all year and call them every August. They always try to lowball me on the proration. I fake outrage and ask to cancel. This year they gave me a $720 statement credit. 

Log book?  How many outages do you have?

If I had to guess I'd say that might happen to me 10 days a year, each time for no more than 2 hours.

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Log book?  How many outages do you have?

If I had to guess I'd say that might happen to me 10 days a year, each time for no more than 2 hours.

In the summer we get them just about every time it rains. They are normally pretty quick but still a pain.

And 20 hours is all you need. They’ll try to lowball you when they prorate it, that’s when you’ve got them.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:36 AM, CSBill said:

Okay, I've used the dark web for several years, it generally works and I am able to see most games. But, I've been thinking about going to a more reliable paid route. I have full cable--Direct TV is not an option--what do you all recommend? Criteria: Reliable, affordable, service when needed, and ease of use. Help.

unfortunately there are none that fit all that criteria! Honestly they all suck and will rip you off any chance they get. Had DTV for the past 10 years and finally had enough of them. Once they switched to At&t customer service has gone right down the tubes. I'm gonna try a streaming option and save myself $170 per month

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Getting greedy?  I got a 200 gift card 59$ service for next 12 months and ST max free.  I am a very happy camper not sure how much more you think you can squeeze?

so, turns out when i called to OK the deal THEY offered, they basically told me to F off and hung up.

Back to Spectrum and their "new subscriber" rates

On 9/27/2019 at 3:26 PM, Clemfield2622 said:

I got my most recent DTV bill and my promo ran out.

I called and threatened to cancel unless they restored my promo pricing.

They refused, so I quit.

Not even 12 hours later they called me and offered $200 Visa gift card, my old rate back, and Sunday ticket for the balance of the season.

I'm gonna see how much more I can squeeze.

You cheap *****

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

been a long time for me as well on a laptop, but this is what I did when watching on a laptop as well. Been using an app for 2nd TV so long now. Its funny, the one sentence you state got tired of fighting with them, as we all have, Wonder if they they never gave any discounts/promotions and we would have never fought them if they would be in a better place with them now?

Thanks - to be clear...I am already a paying Sunday Ticket streaming person...Just need to figure out watching on my laptop sunday. My VPN for work should route to a US IP so I should be OK on that front. Just have never watched on browser on my laptop. 

6 hours ago, SRQ_BillsFan said:

there is a promo for $100 now (plus 20% off code) - I was able to get it at $80 for myself and a bunch of my coworkers (I am a teacher so my former students let me use their birthdate/name for the college access)

• Like (+1) 1

I'll just be glad when this blows up because I've never had so many games blacked out.

Last night's game, being relatively local to my location, was not on NFL channel, it was on FOX, which is in a dispute with DirecTV. So...no game other than on my phone using NFL app via Verizon.

Sunday night games are blacked out as well here.

I called DirecTV and the minute I mentioned I can't see the game they started throwing money at me like they were Robert Kraft at a Florida strip center.  I tried to explain that they could make everything free but it wouldn't matter if I still can't see the games, but they're essentially lost.

I'm starting to think I won't be watching football on Thanksgiving Day.

2 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

so, turns out when i called to OK the deal THEY offered, they basically told me to F off and hung up.

Back to Spectrum and their "new subscriber" rates

Ya got greedy and lost it good luck with spectrum