Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

4 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

I just made the dreaded call to DTV (loyalty dept) and after 1:15 mins they only offered me $20 mo discount plus $12.25 mo off ST.  Also a one time $30 credit.  I had a $60 credit last year which they said they can't offer right now but to try back in 30 days.  I said no and I want to cancel, she said she was going to transfer me to the VIP loyalty team.  Really annoyed with the new ATT takeover as they SUCK on retention.  I'm going to cancel and restart under a new name to get everything offered to new customers. That is what they stated is necessary.  I will be getting ST for free and a $50 mo discount plus a gift card of some amount.  Not sure it's worth the hassle!! 

I actually tried this before, cancel my account and having my wife get account in her name.. they noticed the address and last name and said bc we were married it is considered fraud!! If we were not married, it could have possibly worked(hope you have better luck)! But, all said and done we have been getting the $60 off a month repeatedly(including a new year starting this month, and discount on the ticket)

• Thank you (+1) 1

After playing the game with DTV for about 8 years to get discounts, it is finally over. I quit this year (had done this in the past too) to get Sunday ticket and it looks like they called me on it this time. No attempt to try and keep me. So, no more DTV and I'm not getting cable back either. Going with streaming (fire stick) and regular antenna. 99% of the TV we watch is on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I think I'll get Game Pass and can watch the games that way.  So long DTV. I won't miss you and this yearly headache!

Called last week and nothing.

Called yesterday, took an hour.  Only offered me a $70 discount total.  I explained last year I received ST Max for free and $50 off per month for 12 months.  He asked when I received the discounts.  When he read the notes from a year ago and verified I got it for free, he then offered me ST Max free of charge.  Not sure why he had to reference what happened last year, unless AT&T is going to stop these heavy discounts next year.  Lastly, he told me to call in a week when the $50 discount expires to request it again.

Been with DTV since early 2000, left for a week and came right back was only separation.  Well worth the hour or so it takes to get ST for free.  Honestly wish they offered a RedZone only option, that’s all I watch anyways.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Called last week and nothing.

Called yesterday, took an hour.  Only offered me a $70 discount total.  I explained last year I received ST Max for free and $50 off per month for 12 months.  He asked when I received the discounts.  When he read the notes from a year ago and verified I got it for free, he then offered me ST Max free of charge.  Not sure why he had to reference what happened last year, unless AT&T is going to stop these heavy discounts next year.  Lastly, he told me to call in a week when the $50 discount expires to request it again.

Been with DTV since early 2000, left for a week and came right back was only separation.  Well worth the hour or so it takes to get ST for free.  Honestly wish they offered a RedZone only option, that’s all I watch anyways.

I wish that as well. Red zone is all I need. Verizon and some streaming services offer Red Zone as a stand-alone $9.99/month option. I would gladly pay that to DIRECTV for Red Zone

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I wish that as well. Red zone is all I need. Verizon and some streaming services offer Red Zone as a stand-alone $9.99/month option. I would gladly pay that to DIRECTV for Red Zone

I would pay that as long as it was streaming also.  My son and I watch RedZone as we drive home from games.

Instead of fighting and making numerous calls this year, I only called once and got $12.50 off per month for the Sunday ticket. I couldnt deal with the hassle this year. Directv is beyond awful since AT&T took over. I want to cancel so bad, but the convenience of Sunday ticket is the only thing that keeps me. I know I can get ST through other sources, but having it right through my cable box is the best. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Instead of fighting and making numerous calls this year, I only called once and got $12.50 off per month for the Sunday ticket. I couldnt deal with the hassle this year. Directv is beyond awful since AT&T took over. I want to cancel so bad, but the convenience of Sunday ticket is the only thing that keeps me. I know I can get ST through other sources, but having it right through my cable box is the best. 

I value Sunday Ticket very highly. I’ll always call to try for free, but luckily they don’t know that I would pay full price rather than go without. Red zone and Sunday Ticket is all that consumes my TV from 1-8 on a Sunday. Break it down for 17 weeks of the season and it comes out to around $2 an hour. 

On 9/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

I'm curious to know if any other season ticket holders took the $100 ST Max deal that came via email.  I did, got an acknowledgement message in return, but the deal's not active on my account yet.  I hope they don't wait too long to activate it. 

An update on this NFL offer for Directv existing customers for Sunday Ticket Max for $100 that went to season ticket holders via email. I went to the link in the email for this offer and filled it out and submitted it. I received a confirmation email that it would take 5 days. Well...my access was never updated. 

Called DTV today and told them about the email and wanted them to match it since it is 5 business days to process & season starts tomorrow. I said I would forward the email but they told me to show it at ATT store. 

That is where I am now as I knew I would be passing by one this afternoon. It took a bit of contact between the store & Directv but I got the discount.

No calls next year. Just take my NFL email for partner discounts to an ATT store  & get it honored.

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

I called yesterday and got that same discount. I still have the $30 off from last year that ends in Oct so I will call and try to get that extended for another year in Oct. DTV didnt want to do anything for me. Took 20 min and talking to a few different people before they would budge. I cant wait until DTV loses the NFL contract so I can cancel. 

Anyone get the online version get thrown in that aren't going to use it?  I just found out that both people who used to let me use theirs are no longer getting it, so I'm scrambling to find a way to watch the game tomorrow

They need to offer a Team streaming option. 

Honestly I only watch the Bills game and I'm not into fantasy, so the redzone and fantasy channel are something I just don't use. 

I think if they offered a team only package for say 4 payments of $30 - $50/mo they would get a lot more users. 

I live in the Phoenix area so Sunday Ticket is great for me, and I've found a great way to add it. 

I moved here last summer and purchased a RokuTv from Best Buy from there I signed up for DirectTVNow (now called AT&T Now) for $55/mo I get a good amount of stations and HBO (my package is no longer offered) https://www.atttvnow.com Whats great is there is no satellite on my place and no cable wire as its all streaming. From there I could get SundayTicket and there's an app for RokuTv for that. 

Shared in hopes it helps someone out. 

16 hours ago, Mr Info said:

An update on this NFL offer for Directv existing customers for Sunday Ticket Max for $100 that went to season ticket holders via email. I went to the link in the email for this offer and filled it out and submitted it. I received a confirmation email that it would take 5 days. Well...my access was never updated. 

Called DTV today and told them about the email and wanted them to match it since it is 5 business days to process & season starts tomorrow. I said I would forward the email but they told me to show it at ATT store. 

That is where I am now as I knew I would be passing by one this afternoon. It took a bit of contact between the store & Directv but I got the discount.

No calls next year. Just take my NFL email for partner discounts to an ATT store  & get it honored.

Thanks for the update.  I was in the same boat yesterday, saw your post and went to my local AT&T store.  They said they couldn't change programming there, that's only possible at their "Hub" stores.  My area Hub store was already closed for the day so I went home and took on the hour+ slog  of finding a rep by phone who could help me. 

It turns out that the execution of this deal between NFL and DTV failed miserably, and the rep told me her supervisor was at his computer manually programming ST Max for season ticket holders who were offered this promotion.  This morning my account had a charge on it of $395.95 for ST Max, then two $100 credits for ST Max and another credit for $95.94, the net result being ST Max for $100 as per the offer.

ST Max for $100 is a nice perk as a Bills season ticket holder, but when they don't process it within 5 days as they say they will, it creates a lot of extra work and stress.

Looks like a lot of people are noticing problems with AT&T's merger splurge.  Expect things to change in the future.

Activist investor Elliott Management Corp. disclosed a $3.2 billion stake in AT&T Inc., T 1.00% criticized the company’s strategy and called on the telecommunications giant to shed unnecessary assets.

The New York fund wrote in a letter to the company released Monday that and challenged AT&T to sharpen its focus on its core assets, including its relatively healthy wireless business.

The fund didn’t ask AT&T to sell specific divisions but said the company should review any assets that lack a strategic rationale, including the DirecTV satellite service and Mexican wireless operations.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, ndirish1978 said:

Isn't the DirectTv deal going away sometime soon? Time for the NFL to realize people are cutting the cord. Forcing people to pay for a service they don't want is only going to promote piracy and they aren't going to be seeing a penny from that.

It's up for renewal next year. 

I called and after much back and forth ended up with a couple of discounts.

My bottom line ( with the Choice package) is that I'm paying: 

$ 114.21/mo. for first 6 months w/ Sunday Ticket

$ 65.22/mo. for remaining 6 months

Not the best deal I've had, but not the worst either.

Edited by Tisker A Tasker

While I annually go for a deal, the exception is when the deal I got the previous year was outstanding. Last year I got a killer deal, paying nothing for Ticket and all the trimmings, and getting other rebates I never expected.

So this year I choose to just let it pass...until Thursday Night Football, when I find out the regionalFox affiliate is in dispute and I can't get TNF or SNF. 

We'll see what happens when I call today, but I've been with them for 25 years and I plan on straying from my usual nice-guy script and going batschittQtip on them.

3 hours ago, nucci said:

It's up for renewal next year. 

Article here sez DTV has the satellite rights through 2021.  Interesting perspectives on why the NFL is not rushing to stream...MLB is light years ahead of them now (even with their stupid blackout rules) but the NFL needs to find a way to stream without pissing off the networks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-08/the-nfl-will-stream-games-once-it-s-good-and-ready-just-not-yet