Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I've had the Sunday ticket for 8 years and have never heard of it taking any amount of time to process, unless I missed something and you guys are talking about something completely different 

We are talking about an email we received as season ticket holders for Sunday Ticket Max for $100 for existing DTV customers. I had not auto-renewed so it was not on my bill and it appears the discount worked for me. 

41 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've had the Sunday ticket for 8 years and have never heard of it taking any amount of time to process, unless I missed something and you guys are talking about something completely different 

It was a special offer for Bills season ticket holders - ST Max for $99 - offer came via a link in an email.  

50 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I just checked the 700s on DTV and Bills-Jets on 708 and set it to record so it must have gone through!

Channel 114 tells you if you are good to go.  Click on it.  If it says something like "You are authorized for this program" then it went thru.  Mine hasn't yet.  You can also check your account online to see if you have ST set up.

22 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

? do you know if it’s a Nexstar station? I thought they settled all their disputes with DIRECTV. 

What's interesting is on that "TV promise" website it says there are no disputes in my area. I called directv and it was like talking to a brick wall. Couldn't tell you why I don't have those channels still and directv gave me no answers. The guy litterally kept telling me that ABC and CBS are different channels when I asked why CBS was back but not abc. You can't make this stuff up 

Edited by Steptide

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm a cord cutter. Basically use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc... I have used streams I find online and screen mirror, but that isn't always the most reliable. Im not paying the damn near $75 a month for the ticket tho.. .

Total price is less than 300$ that’s less than 20$ a week for games.  

3 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm a cord cutter. Basically use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc... I have used streams I find online and screen mirror, but that isn't always the most reliable. Im not paying the damn near $75 a month for the ticket tho.. .

My total cost for DIRECTV is $42/month with the Sunday Ticket max package. Too good for me to pass up so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

How in the world did you accomplish that

I would have to check my bill exactly for what package I have. But I get all the channels I want (NFL network, NBC Sports, MSG, all the Disney’s for the kid). I know I get a $60/ month credit, $25/month credit and a $5/ month autopay credit. And they gave me Sunday Ticket max free this year in exchange for a one year contract back in December. 

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I would have to check my bill exactly for what package I have. But I get all the channels I want (NFL network, NBC Sports, MSG, all the Disney’s for the kid). I know I get a $60/ month credit, $25/month credit and a $5/ month autopay credit. And they gave me Sunday Ticket max free this year in exchange for a one year contract back in December. 

awesome

I'm going to have to call back this year again.  The first time around I spent 45 minutes on the phone with some woman in India that I could not for the life of me understand (the connection was so bad).  I ended up with paying $17 a month for the Max ST for 6 months, no other offers though.

at the end of the football season I am going to cancel Directv for good and hope the NFL works out an alternate streaming option on another platform

36 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I found I got a good deal by NOT dropping @nucci name. :nana:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just called for the 3rd time in 3 months.  Last time I got $40 off/mo. for 12 months off regular bill and turned down their 12.25 off/mo for Sunday ticket when they said it would be cheaper in Sept.  Today's call, they took the ST price back up to regular price and didn't offer the 12.25off/month.  Was told because I was not currently signed up for ST, no discounts were available.  I was not happy and it took some time but after 1 hour, I got the 12.25off/mo. back, plus $5off/mo for 12 months and a $50 statement credit.

I've had better years and worse years with the discounts....

I don't have a dish or DirecTV service, but I live in an apartment and was eligible for the streaming option. $294 for the Ticket is worth it to me, as my kids frequently have sporting events right when the Bills play on Sundays. I can watch on my phone. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:31 PM, stevens273 said:

I called three days ago. I told her I’ll need to cancel as I can’t afford $396 for Sunday Ticket Max. She told me to hold while she checked on some offers. I was very optimistic. She comes back and tells me there’s nothing she can do. To save face, I cancelled Sunday Ticket. She made no attempt to keep me. I had planned on crawling back next week. 

I began researching Sunday Ticket streaming for students. My daughter is in college here in Phoenix and has an .edu email. I went to sign up as a student with only her name, college name and birthdate. Didn’t ask for actual email address. I guess there’s a student clearinghouse which verifies students. Success!  The only thing is you need a different email than your previous ST account. $79.99 for the YEAR includes Red Zone. Use coupon code BACKTOSCHOOL. I installed the ST app on Apple TV (you can watch on any device). As a bonus I got last nights game free as they use the final preseason game to work out bugs. You can only watch on one device at a time so the college kid that lets you use their info must not like football. 

An added bonus is the streaming picture is much better than my satellite picture ever was. 

This was an unexpected bonus for me as well, the streaming picture is awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, stevens273 said:

I called three days ago. I told her I’ll need to cancel as I can’t afford $396 for Sunday Ticket Max. She told me to hold while she checked on some offers. I was very optimistic. She comes back and tells me there’s nothing she can do. To save face, I cancelled Sunday Ticket. She made no attempt to keep me. I had planned on crawling back next week. 

I began researching Sunday Ticket streaming for students. My daughter is in college here in Phoenix and has an .edu email. I went to sign up as a student with only her name, college name and birthdate. Didn’t ask for actual email address. I guess there’s a student clearinghouse which verifies students. Success!  The only thing is you need a different email than your previous ST account. $79.99 for the YEAR includes Red Zone. Use coupon code BACKTOSCHOOL. I installed the ST app on Apple TV (you can watch on any device). As a bonus I got last nights game free as they use the final preseason game to work out bugs. You can only watch on one device at a time so the college kid that lets you use their info must not like football. 

An added bonus is the streaming picture is much better than my satellite picture ever was. 

Can the streaming service be paused or recorded to watch at a later time?  Or is it live and no stopping it?

I just made the dreaded call to DTV (loyalty dept) and after 1:15 mins they only offered me $20 mo discount plus $12.25 mo off ST.  Also a one time $30 credit.  I had a $60 credit last year which they said they can't offer right now but to try back in 30 days.  I said no and I want to cancel, she said she was going to transfer me to the VIP loyalty team.  Really annoyed with the new ATT takeover as they SUCK on retention.  I'm going to cancel and restart under a new name to get everything offered to new customers. That is what they stated is necessary.  I will be getting ST for free and a $50 mo discount plus a gift card of some amount.  Not sure it's worth the hassle!!