Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

Just made my annual call to direct tv.. my promo of $60 off per month for 1 year expired yesterday. Got same offer this year, $60 off per month for a year and $12.99 off sunday ticket per month. No contract and I'm staying with them for atleast another year! Let the football season begin!

• Like (+1) 1

I just made the call. I didn't feel like arguing or lying about my intentions, so I just asked for the CLG group and if they could offer me any deals on Sunday Ticket. They said they didn't have Sunday Ticket available, but they took $40 off my bill for 12 months and waived my $25 receiver charge. This is in addition to an existing $25 off for 12 months, so my bill is now $12.99 per month. lol

Wow - been a customer for 15 years and got treated like total garbage today. Had a service appt scheduled between noon and 4pm - even got texts confirming this morning. 4pm comes, nobody has shown up and I've wasted my afternoon. Call and am told there was some sort of error - no visit today and needs to be rescheduled - I am LIVID. Best I can do is next Saturday. When I ask what they are going to do for me he offers me $20 credit - if I could have pulled him through the phone and beaten him I would have, Customer loyalty said they would credit $48 but they could not do anything else. Went on Twitter to complain and if I don't get better compensation for my loyalty and wasted time all my equipment is going with the tech when he shows up next week - I am so pissed right now I can't even believe it. People are getting this stuff for free and they won't do it for me even after treating me like garbage.

51 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Wow - been a customer for 15 years and got treated like total garbage today. Had a service appt scheduled between noon and 4pm - even got texts confirming this morning. 4pm comes, nobody has shown up and I've wasted my afternoon. Call and am told there was some sort of error - no visit today and needs to be rescheduled - I am LIVID. Best I can do is next Saturday. When I ask what they are going to do for me he offers me $20 credit - if I could have pulled him through the phone and beaten him I would have, Customer loyalty said they would credit $48 but they could not do anything else. Went on Twitter to complain and if I don't get better compensation for my loyalty and wasted time all my equipment is going with the tech when he shows up next week - I am so pissed right now I can't even believe it. People are getting this stuff for free and they won't do it for me even after treating me like garbage.

Yup—have had that exact same experience twice over the years.  You have an early morning slot appointment and the guy never shows.  I was as livid as you were.  Called and complained multiple times that day and kept getting a song and dance about the tech being “on the way,” which turned out to be BS., then got the story/ excuse that the techs weren’t their employees (as they hire independent third party vendors).  Total garbage, since they hire the vendors. One of those same vendors apparently took one of my receivers and used it himself or sold it, with me getting the bill for years before they figured it out and shut it off—the jerk then reactivated it each time they shut it off.  It stopped when I told DTV that my next call was going to be not to them, but to a good friend who’s a senior person at the NYAG’s office.  

Horrible, horrible customer service—straight out of Lily Tomlin’s old SNL Ma Bell monopoly customer service ads—“we don’t listen to you because we’re the phone company, and we don’t have to”.  

May actually give them a go this year after reading this thread.....

On 8/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Staying out of a contract is key.  Apparently I happen to be in one now as a result of adding a mini-genie a year ago (even though they told me at the time that it wouldn't result in being in a contract).  So I'm disputing the contract thing.  Then I ask the rep to check on whether I have Sunday Ticket on auto-renewal (which you also don't want).  She replies,  oh, it looks like you're all set for ST at no charge this year.  Not sure how that happened.

Update - a few days after hearing my ST was free, my bill showed "payment 1 of 6" for ST.  I called them back yesterday to correct the problem.  Got $60 off my bill for 12 months, and cancelled ST to get that first payment refunded.  Will then use the season ticket holder discount I got this week from the Bills to get ST Max for $100.  Took 75 minutes on the phone, but worth it. 

I'm pleased with the outcome, but it's clear that DTV has changed under AT&T.  Not nearly as accommodating.  Likely my 15 years as a customer  helped me on this one.

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Update - a few days after hearing my ST was free, my bill showed "payment 1 of 6" for ST.  I called them back yesterday to correct the problem.  Got $60 off my bill for 12 months, and cancelled ST to get that first payment refunded.  Will then use the season ticket holder discount I got this week from the Bills to get ST Max for $100.  Took 75 minutes on the phone, but worth it. 

I'm pleased with the outcome, but it's clear that DTV has changed under AT&T.  Not nearly as accommodating.  Likely my 15 years as a customer  helped me on this one.

This happens ALL THE TIME. People are told ST will be free, only to see it pop up on their bill. Just the worst company ever to deal with. 

On 8/23/2019 at 4:25 PM, BillsFanNC said:

The student streaming version is $99 for the season, using the promo code got it to $79 and after taxes and fees it was $85 total yes. The package and amount you are looking at is the regular satellite feed version.

What code did you use?

Called yesterday and the first rep was not real helpful was willing to give me 30 off for 12 months. I ended the call with her called back and got a better rep that gave me the sports pack free for 6 months, free showtime for 4 months, 60 off for 12 months, and automatic 30 off since I have been without ABC for awhile and they are sending me the filter or something that attaches to the back of the box so I can get abc again. She told me to call back the end of the month to check for more promotions or at the very beginning of the month. Last year I was able to get free playboy for 4 months, showtime and max 4 months and hbo for six months, as well as the free sportspack for 6 and the 60x12 credit and a 15 for 6 credit. Hoping when i call back In a week or so I can receive the hbo deal for 6 months and atleast the 15 off for 6 months so we will see.

3 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Got the best rep ever. Continue 60 bucks off for 12 months. Also 7 bucks off HBO for 6months movies extra free (5bucks) free for three months and ST free.

Was the sunday ticket for free along with a 60x12 months? Or is it baically free with that obvious discount?

3 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Called yesterday and the first rep was not real helpful was willing to give me 30 off for 12 months. I ended the call with her called back and got a better rep that gave me the sports pack free for 6 months, free showtime for 4 months, 60 off for 12 months, and automatic 30 off since I have been without ABC for awhile and they are sending me the filter or something that attaches to the back of the box so I can get abc again. She told me to call back the end of the month to check for more promotions or at the very beginning of the month. Last year I was able to get free playboy for 4 months, showtime and max 4 months and hbo for six months, as well as the free sportspack for 6 and the 60x12 credit and a 15 for 6 credit. Hoping when i call back In a week or so I can receive the hbo deal for 6 months and atleast the 15 off for 6 months so we will see.

Was the sunday ticket for free along with a 60x12 months? Or is it baically free with that obvious discount?

After the discount. Person said he could do it for 230, then said guess what I can do it for free

• Like (+1) 1

Just made the call (been doing this for 19 years). Took about 20 minutes and I got 40/month for 12 months, free Showtime for 4 months, and free Sports Pack for 6 months. No ST discounts or offers. Was definitely looking for more, but could not get the person to put me through to "loyalty" or "retention" -- she claimed she escalated my request as high as she could while I was on hold. I didn't play the cancel card, and maybe I should have. I usually do that but I've heard more stories lately that say they just let you go through with it, and I didn't want to deal with all of that. 

She did encourage me to call back later to look for additional discounts, so I guess I'll do that. Bottom line is it is definitely not what it used to be with the reps... Was particularly annoying to listen to her read some of the same scripted paragraphs several times in response to my questions. Will take this discount for now, and call back in a week. I have a feeling this may be my last year on this merry go-round...

1 hour ago, texasjute said:

could not get the person to put me through to "loyalty" or "retention" -- she claimed she escalated my request as high as she could while I was on hold.

I'm convinced there's no such thing as "loyalty" or "retention" anymore...it's all a myth now, similar to the great and powerful Oz.

2 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I'm convinced there's no such thing as "loyalty" or "retention" anymore...it's all a myth now, similar to the great and powerful Oz.

I don’t talk to anyone at DIRECTV anymore without saying “cancel service” is my reason for calling. Only way I’ve found to connect directly to an English speaking rep. 

Started out with "cancel account" and after about 5 minutes of being on hold ended up with a very nice customer retention / loyalty rep. 

Told her I'd like to discuss the loss of CBS & CW and also getting a discount on ST.

Will be getting a "local channel connector" (aka an antenna) for free with a $10 discount for the month of the channels missing.  And will get $40 / month off for a year to (more than) cover the $290 for the ticket.  Asked if Max could get thrown in for free and paid for that but got 6 months of discounts to almost exactly even that cost out.

Easiest & quickest (at least in the top 3) call I've had with them in the 15 or so years of making that call.  Probably could have haggled for more, but the aggravation wouldn't have been worth the added discount.

Edited by Taro T

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Started out with "cancel account" and after about 5 minutes of being on hold ended up with a very nice customer retention / loyalty rep. 

Told her I'd like to discuss the loss of CBS & CW and also getting a discount on ST.

Will be getting a "local channel connector" (aka an antenna) for free with a $10 discount for the month of the channels missing.  And will get $40 / month off for a year to (more than) cover the $290 for the ticket.  Asked if Max could get thrown in for free and paid for that but got 6 months of discounts to almost exactly even that cost out.

Easiest & quickest (at least in the top 3) call I've had with them in the 15 or so years of making that call.  Probably could have haggled for more, but the aggravation wouldn't have been worth the added discount.

Just used this method and worked great, was offered Sunday Ticket for free this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey So the NFL SUNDAY TICKET WILL NOT BE EFFECTED WITH THE CBS DISPUTE!

For people out of ANY AFC local city...we'll be able to watch all AFC games broadcast on CBS through the ticket. Just no locals...meaning ... if you like in Philly or Minnesota for example & CBS decides that the Bills VS Bengals is their local game...it will be blacked out on the ticket & you won't be able to view it on your CBS local channel using Direct TV.

But I literally only have 1 direct tv box for the ticket & Fios as my main cable tv company...??

https://journalstar.com/business/national-and-international/here-s-how-the-cbs-at-t-dispute-will-affect/article_27ff69f2-049d-5c29-a7e2-fbc3455fd2ba.html

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

Are you local Buffalo area? Last time I called they didn’t have the local channel connector. I’ll have to call back and have them send me one.