Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

4 minutes ago, Gisele said:

IS the CBS issue with DTV going to blackout games on Sunday Ticket?  Half of the games are on CBS.

No, unless you're in the home market where the game is on CBS.  For example, if the Buffalo CBS issue is not resolved, the Bills v. Jets game on Sept. 8th will not be shown on CBS on DTV in Buffalo.  It will be available OTA of course. 

Whatever the situation with CBS and DTV in Buffalo, or any other market for that matter, has no bearing on the national distribution of the game on ST.  

• Like (+1) 1

I called today...I was lazy and didn't feel like fighting so I didn't push it for more than the $30/mo. for 12 months discount they offered me.  Sunday Ticket Max is about $390 so I'll get it for $30.  Also confirmed no contract so if the NFL announces there will be other Sunday Ticket options next year I can finally quit DTV.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I called today...I was lazy and didn't feel like fighting so I didn't push it for more than the $30/mo. for 12 months discount they offered me.  Sunday Ticket Max is about $390 so I'll get it for $30.  Also confirmed no contract so if the NFL announces there will be other Sunday Ticket options next year I can finally quit DTV.

you motivated me..dialing as we speak..not sure whether to thank you or punch you in the nose at the Pats game

• Haha (+1) 1

My DTV discounts end Aug 26 so calling then. Got the email yesterday from NFL Membership Club for being a season ticket holder with NFL Redzone, DTV, and Tunein discounts among others. The DTV Sunday Ticket Max is $100 for existing customers. If I am unable to swing a better deal when I call DTV on Mon then I will resort to that deal.

9 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Took me a long time to work a deal this year, a few months back. I didn’t get the Sunday ticket for free or discounted, but got my “base package” discounted enough to almost cover the cost. Yesterday I got a promo code as a season ticket member for Sunday ticket Max for the year for $100. It says you can’t be a current Sunday ticket subscriber but screw it I put the code in for review anyways. Hoping maybe it slides though and when I get my bill, the Sunday ticket price will be reduced and I’ll still get that monthly adjustment for my base package

. They really have become a pain to deal with. I have a legitimate beef also, they royally screwed up our move to a new residence this year. Untold amount of time on the phone with probably 10+ people trying to make it right.

I got that STMax promo last year for $100, I thought it was for ST and Max but it is only an upgrade to ST.  You'll also be charged the full price for ST in addition.   I was mad about it as I had my hopes up and they screwed me over by not clarifying the pricing breakdown. 

10 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Well, less than 48 hours after cancelling DTV, my "account rep" called last night and offered me basically my same programming for about $5 more/month with FREE Sunday Ticket Max for this season.  It comes with a year contract, but I'm all right with that.  The CSR was one of the best since AT&T took over and the whole process took about 20 minutes. 

So, I'm again shackled with the DTV chains but when he said "free Sunday Ticket Max," I crumbled. 

Questions Ned. Did you turn off the service 2 days ago or called 2 days and told them to cancel at a later date? I assume you were not on contract as well. How long have you been a client?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

I got that STMax promo last year for $100, I thought it was for ST and Max but it is only an upgrade to ST.  You'll also be charged the full price for ST in addition.   I was mad about it as I had my hopes up and they screwed me over by not clarifying the pricing breakdown. 

I dunno it certainly says Sunday ticket max in all capital letters. We’ll see what happens I guess. 

12 hours ago, qwksilver said:

Questions Ned. Did you turn off the service 2 days ago or called 2 days and told them to cancel at a later date? I assume you were not on contract as well. How long have you been a client?

Thanks.

I canceled on Monday with a year left on my contract, so I was out $130 for bailing early.  The next day, Tuesday, I got the email that the equipment return instructions were coming soon in the mail.  On Wednesday night, I got a call from DTV guy who identified himself as my "account representative."  Said he could get me back to my original programming package for about $5 more/month ($95/month total) with FREE Sunday Ticket Max thrown in.  I took the offer.  I also had to get on contract for the next year.

I've been a DTV customer for 19 years and was fully prepared to ditch DTV and almost didn't answer the call when I saw DTV come up on caller-id.  The free Sunday Ticket was the turning point...too good not to pass up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I just made the call. I reduced the ST max to regular ST That save $100.00. I almost never watch the redzone. 

Who ever starts this tread next year here is a template:

Directv customer : 19 years

TV Programming: Basic, no premium channels, only sports is ST.

Contract status: Expired/OFF

Other AT&T products: Internet bundle

Day and Time called : Friday 8/23/19 1:35 ET

Length of time: 20 minute phone call, I confirmed that I had the retention department.

Previous Discounts: Off/Over

Discounts given today: $55.00 off for 12 months, Permanently removed $10.00 fees 2 receivers, 3 months of Stars for free, 6 months of Sports Pack free.

Also, no new contract so hopefully get the same treatment next year.

Hope that helps.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, BillsFanNC said:

After 18 years I called and canceled DirecTV yesterday.  I didnt even try haggling, I'm just done with them. Today I signed up for the student streaming version of Sunday Ticket for $85 using promo code "backtoschool".

I looked it up, and regular price is only $79 a month or $296 paid at once.

https://nflst.directv.com/packages

Is that $85 the total amount??

1 hour ago, from_dunkirk said:

I looked it up, and regular price is only $79 a month or $296 paid at once.

https://nflst.directv.com/packages

Is that $85 the total amount??

The student streaming version is $99 for the season, using the promo code got it to $79 and after taxes and fees it was $85 total yes. The package and amount you are looking at is the regular satellite feed version.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I dunno it certainly says Sunday ticket max in all capital letters. We’ll see what happens I guess. 

I did the same last year and on chat asked them to clarify, they clearly said I got everything for $100 which was wrong.  I used that to my advantage and got $60 off for 12 months but mine is not up til Sept so I have to wait to call for another discount.

58 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

The student streaming version is $99 for the season, using the promo code got it to $79 and after taxes and fees it was $85 total yes. The package and amount you are looking at is the regular satellite feed version.

Thanks for the info. Wish I were a student!

26 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I did the same last year and on chat asked them to clarify, they clearly said I got everything for $100 which was wrong.  I used that to my advantage and got $60 off for 12 months but mine is not up til Sept so I have to wait to call for another discount.

I called and seemed to be in the same situation as you. I was told that I have to wait until early September before requesting another $30 monthly discount for the upcoming year. 

I'm getting tired of this annual charade. I only went to DirecTV because of the NFL Ticket. If next year there are options to watch the Bills I will be open to pursue them.