Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

29 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Oh ok. I guess if you don't already have Hulu then I could understand passing on it, but for $2 more, getting all the ESPN+ stuff on top of Hulu makes it worth it to me, Disney+ is just a nice bonus.

And in regards to PPV's, you still have to buy them like normal. There are bonus events free on ESPN+, but the main PPV's you still pay the $59.99 price. Here's a good link explaining it - https://heavy.com/streaming/2019/04/watch-ufc-ppv-events-espn-plus/

well that is down from the 70 bucks i was paying for PPV.

Thanks for the link.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2019 at 1:47 PM, PIZ said:

The last time this happened to me, it went like this............ "Hey, I want the new DirecTv customer package because I only have NFL Sunday Ticket and nothing else....so I never had a DirecTv package".  No PIZ (in a foreign accent) you cannot get any special offers because you are considered a DirecTv customer, even though you never had a DirecTv package.  "I guess DirecTv doesn't care about adding another customer to their packages, then?".  Sir Mr. PIZ, would you like to cancel?  "Yes, cancel my subscription".  Done.

............................ 1 month later........... in the mail.......  A letter from DirecTv saying "We want you back.  Here is this amazing deal.  Free HBO / Showtime / Cinemax for 1 year.  Free NFL Sunday Ticket".

Hoping that happens again.

When you cancelled, did you have to return the DVR's etc, etc.

It would be nice if I could just keep the equipment & reuse it a month later.

2 hours ago, billykay said:

When you cancelled, did you have to return the DVR's etc, etc.

It would be nice if I could just keep the equipment & reuse it a month later.

I only cancelled the Sunday ticket.  Still have my DirecTV package.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Cancelled DirectTV. ***** them

I am about to.  I dropped Sunday Ticket last year.  The ongoing dispute with Nexstar is the last straw for me.  It is only going to continue to degrade in customer satisfaction and increase in price under AT&T.  **** them indeed.

12 hours ago, nucci said:

It's the only reason most of us have DirecTV

Main reason I switched in 1997 was ST and as long as ST is exclusively on DIrecTV will stay.   I usually get nice discounts keeping monthly bill under 100$ a month.  Currently paying 58$ for xtra package, four TVs, showtime and sports networks,  will call after sept 1 for a discount on ST.  Beats going to sports bars 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

Main reason I switched in 1997 was ST and as long as ST is exclusively on DIrecTV will stay.   I usually get nice discounts keeping monthly bill under 100$ a month.  Currently paying 58$ for xtra package, four TVs, showtime and sports networks,  will call after sept 1 for a discount on ST.  Beats going to sports bars 

I usually get discounts to cover the cost of the Ticket....with free movies thrown in....they are losing a lot of customers every day.....will be interesting to see what happens next year if they lose the exclusive rights contract with the NFL

On 8/16/2019 at 4:15 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Not what I'm referring to... PFT has discussed many times the possibility of having a pay-as-you-go system for NFL games, essentially making them PPV. Or, you could have a "follow your team" subscription option for out-of-towners, on Amazon Prime or something, for substantially less money than Sunday Ticket.

I am sure something will change in the future but I am not really convinced of the "substantially less money" part.     It is not obvious what the real numbers are for the ticket, most people don't pay the sticker price and DTV has used it to attract customers.    If it was $199 to watch your team for the year is that substantially less?   Also have to consider you now would be required to have an amazon prime account or whatever service it is on.  The other part is it is entirely too easy to stream it illegally which means the people who do pay will pay a lot more, the price could come down if they could stop people from stealing.  Which I guess is not possible right now.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:13 PM, BillsFanNC said:

After 18 years I called and canceled DirecTV yesterday.  I didnt even try haggling, I'm just done with them. Today I signed up for the student streaming version of Sunday Ticket for $85 using promo code "backtoschool".

I've looked from pillar to post on the DTV site for this with no luck.  Do you have a link?

2 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Thanks, clicked on it and sez: "This page isn't working."

Hmm. I'm on mobile, but when I click the link it takes me to the check eligibility page.

Try googling "sunday ticket student" and see if one of those links works for you.

Edited by BillsFanNC

I just signed up for it. Definitely works after eligibility is verified. I already had an existing account set up from last year so when I logged in to my account it brought me directly to the eligibility page. From there, I was able to purchase the 2019 season package for $99. 

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Hmm. I'm on mobile, but when I click the link it takes me to the check eligibility page.

Try googling "sunday ticket student" and see if one of those links works for you.

Every link on my PC and phone to "student" and "eligibility" takes you to the DTV home page.  Something weird going on there.

I've called them twice within past week.  I had a 2 yr contract that just expired.  The first call, I asked if there were discounts or deals available.  The lady "checked" and said no.  The 2nd call was today, a few days later, and it was a cancellation of ST plus a rehash by me of the first call.  The lady said let me transfer you to "retention".   I told her no need to transfer me to retention, I've already been told they were no discounts.  Actually I'm fed up with Directv and got a much better deal with Cox.  True no ST but there's a good Bills bar down the road.  I need to be more social.  ?

I mention this in case someone is getting stonewalled.  Just call back.  It appeared that the 2nd lady was referring to some notes from the first call.  The 2nd lady wanted to "work" with me but I'm just done with them. 

15 hours ago, Lockerrm1984 said:

Over 20 years with directv  and cancelled today no specials available for me. Hard to believe. Back to the sports bar. 

You are not alone.  Essentially the same story as well as customer time.

FYI Directv does not prorate your final bill if you cancel service.  Just ate some $.

Edited by DCbillsfan

Called to cancel DTV last night and was put on hold for 40 minutes.  That just sealed the deal.  Had DTV for 19 years and the CSR couldn't have been less interested in keeping me on board or even find out why I'm cancelling.

Edited by Ned Flanders