Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

I know this is great on discounts, but man, I need the game.  I have 30 people coming over as  I have since we moved into our house and the antenna might be an issue given the location of our tv and the way our windows are situated.

Again, love that people are getting deals over this, but DTV/AT&T, get me back the F***ing network, like you have for a good chuck of the country.  If all subscribers didn't get it, then fine, but it is BS that some subscribers get it and some don't, and I know it is a different ownership group they are dealing with, but still.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 minute ago, Ned Flanders said:

My $60/month promo ends next week.  I'm fully expecting them to NOT renew it and therefore I'm prepared to walk.  A $15 promo with no ST, sees my bill rise $45/month.  Completely unacceptable.  

They renewed my $60...go right to loyalty....good luck

8 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Specific details of your call please?

Called around midnight (east coast).  Got a really nice person with a good sense of humor.  Told them I paid full price last year and any financial assistance would be appreciated.  She looked at my account and said she could give me the $40 a month for a year and $18 a month for six months.  I was in complete shock how easy it was.  She actually accidentally doubled my discounts and I caught it on my account while she was still on the phone.  I didn't want to be greedy so I told her she gave me too much.  She thanked me for my honesty and said she fixed it but my account still shows $96 off this month.  In 20+ years of DTV this was by far the best experience I've had.  Maybe the late at night call helps.  Who knows.

For what it's worth, AT&T is much more interested in ARPU (Average Revenue per unit) than they are in total subscribers.  Earnings are up 1.2% this year which doesn't sound like much, but it's pretty amazing when you see how many subscribers they've bled. 

That's a bunch of words that mean, in effect, that threatening to leave them, especially if you're already getting a good deal on the rest of the DTV package, is a less meaningful threat to them then it used to be.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I have this VPN program that allows you to select what apps it's running on. I launched it for Chrome and picked London. I went into Firefox opened Gamepass, went to the pricing page  and got a message stating "It seems you are trying to access fro ma territory not covered by  NFL Gamepass International"

Then did the same in Chrome which I am running the VPN and took me right to the pricing page.  Can buy their Pro package which gives access to all games live for 144 pounds (around $175 US)  I do wonder if paying with a US based credit card would trip it up?  There's also a 7 day free trial so may try it week 1

I doubt the NFL will care where the money comes from when you pay.  ?

The last time this happened to me, it went like this............ "Hey, I want the new DirecTv customer package because I only have NFL Sunday Ticket and nothing else....so I never had a DirecTv package".  No PIZ (in a foreign accent) you cannot get any special offers because you are considered a DirecTv customer, even though you never had a DirecTv package.  "I guess DirecTv doesn't care about adding another customer to their packages, then?".  Sir Mr. PIZ, would you like to cancel?  "Yes, cancel my subscription".  Done.

............................ 1 month later........... in the mail.......  A letter from DirecTv saying "We want you back.  Here is this amazing deal.  Free HBO / Showtime / Cinemax for 1 year.  Free NFL Sunday Ticket".

Hoping that happens again.

I've been a customer since 2000.  I've noticed the past couple years since AT&T took over they won't transfer me to a "Loyalty" dept.   I don't know if such a department really exists anymore? or maybe they are simply transferring to another supervisory type person.  They are very unwilling to provide discounts on the Ticket.    But they will provide some general monthly credit off the bill if you're polite and previous credits have expired.  It probably has to do with the way they recognize revenue for the Sunday Ticket product.   Anyway, I'll be calling DTV when i get my August bill which I'm sure will have an exorbitant ST installment charge on it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Nope, im dumping them, never got the package all the years i had DTV so im not missing any thing. They cost a fortune and taking off major networks for a long time is inexcusable. Im saving 85$ a month by switching to spectrum. I'll dump them someday too when all these mergers and streaming services get sorted out.

Just dumped spectrum here. They will give you a sweet deal for 12 months and once it's up your bill basically doubles. You either can cancel your service and have your wife/sig other subscribe and get a deal for 12 months and then cancel and it's your turn again. They refuse to give you the deal again and have no issues with cancellation. That being said my internet bill is $20 high than if I have my wife put it in her name. Seriously F all of these ***** companies

• Thank you (+1) 1

Called twice

1st time just got th ebilling department and they discounted me 12.50 a month off my Sunday Ticket billing

Called back a 2nd time and asked for loyalty department and they gave me a $64 credit on my next Bill.

I have a very basic package so I get less discount opportunity but I am very happy with saving a little over $100 next 6 months

Also been with DTV since 1998 and I have no complaints. Service is reliable and fairly priced compared to cable. I look to cut the cord but I haven't found a situation I find acceptable for me that actually saves me large coin with little hassle and out of pocket expenses

Edited by ddaryl

6 hours ago, buffalonian said:

When using the college streaming option can you start the games on a delay or otherwise “record” them and watch them from the beginning at a later time? Thanks. 

I am not really sure never tried watching it later. 

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

A buddy of mine just uses internet, a firestick, the app below and can get every game. He also gets over 1000 channels. All for $20 a month. I've watched a couple of preseason games already and it's not bad. He says it all depends on your internet speed. I'm testing it out by watching games at his place for a couple more weeks(;>), but so far he's happy with it. If all is still well by week 3, I'm in.

https://mikestvbox.com/apps-1/

He is getting ripped off...

SportzTV is $14.95 for 2 devices with 7K channels, all sporting events including PPV and huge amounts of movies and series that cn be watched on demand.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

i Left direct tv long ago stream baby

Hell yes...way cheaper with way more options.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

SportzTV is $14.95 for 2 devices with 7K channels, all sporting events including PPV and huge amounts of movies and series that cn be watched on demand.

and you're just telling me now! Seriously though, thanks.

11 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So I have this VPN program that allows you to select what apps it's running on. I launched it for Chrome and picked London. I went into Firefox opened Gamepass, went to the pricing page  and got a message stating "It seems you are trying to access fro ma territory not covered by  NFL Gamepass International"

Then did the same in Chrome which I am running the VPN and took me right to the pricing page.  Can buy their Pro package which gives access to all games live for 144 pounds (around $175 US)  I do wonder if paying with a US based credit card would trip it up?  There's also a 7 day free trial so may try it week 1

I did that in 2016, and a US based credit card was accepted. 

14 hours ago, PIZ said:

The last time this happened to me, it went like this............ "Hey, I want the new DirecTv customer package because I only have NFL Sunday Ticket and nothing else....so I never had a DirecTv package".  No PIZ (in a foreign accent) you cannot get any special offers because you are considered a DirecTv customer, even though you never had a DirecTv package.  "I guess DirecTv doesn't care about adding another customer to their packages, then?".  Sir Mr. PIZ, would you like to cancel?  "Yes, cancel my subscription".  Done.

............................ 1 month later........... in the mail.......  A letter from DirecTv saying "We want you back.  Here is this amazing deal.  Free HBO / Showtime / Cinemax for 1 year.  Free NFL Sunday Ticket".

Hoping that happens again.

Keep us posted on the outcome!

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just dumped spectrum here. They will give you a sweet deal for 12 months and once it's up your bill basically doubles. You either can cancel your service and have your wife/sig other subscribe and get a deal for 12 months and then cancel and it's your turn again. They refuse to give you the deal again and have no issues with cancellation. That being said my internet bill is $20 high than if I have my wife put it in her name. Seriously F all of these ***** companies

I didn't get a deal as i have been a customer for years because of the internet. I had ooold school modem upstairs so i got cheaper internet because i got the new spectrum equipment instead of the old Time Warner stuff.

I do expect the price to go up over time but still cheaper than DTV. 

Once all this streaming stuff gets ironed out i will do that.

I do hate that everyone wants you to buy their app. Yeah like i dont pay enough for all the stuff i watch.

Thinking about getting ESPN+ so i  can watch UFC. I would have done it years ago but im growing less interested in the sport as it is becoming glorified kick boxing, which i find boring to watch. Plus fighters wrestling skills go out the window when they hit the ground and is why opponents get up so easily. 

I want all skills on display not just striking , so i will probably just watch it on reload when its on for free.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, matter2003 said:

link?

On 8/13/2019 at 10:40 PM, Gisele said:

Just got my bill and Sunday Ticket was already added.  I called DTV and in a very lighthearted manner complained that they took away my opportunity to haggle with them this year.  The person I spoke with laughed and gave it to me completely free!  No arguing, threatening or haggling.  Now that I look at it, I got more than free.  She gave me $40 off a month for a year and $18 off a month for six months.  Now might be a good time to call.

About 5 months ago I called to see if I could get my DirecTV bill lowered a bit, just saying I'd prefer to drop a tier or something since I'm not using it much. The woman cut my bill from $130 a month down to $60, and said I'd get to keep it at that price for a year...

Sometimes DirecTV's customer service can be EXTREMELY helpful. I didn't threaten to cancel or anything. She just up & said here ya go, we'll cut your bill in half for the hell of it!

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thinking about getting ESPN+ so i  can watch UFC. I would have done it years ago but im growing less interested in the sport as it is becoming glorified kick boxing, which i find boring to watch. Plus fighters wrestling skills go out the window when they hit the ground and is why opponents get up so easily. 

I want all skills on display not just striking , so i will probably just watch it on reload when its on for free.

Might want to hold off a bit on that. Disney's new streaming service Disney+ is coming out soon, and they announced a future bundle that will include Disney+, Hulu & ESPN+ for only $12.99 a month. 

That's only $2 more than I'm paying right now for Hulu alone. I've been wanting to get ESPN+ too, but I'm going to wait it out until that bundle officially releases.

• Like (+1) 1