Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

Just got my bill and Sunday Ticket was already added.  I called DTV and in a very lighthearted manner complained that they took away my opportunity to haggle with them this year.  The person I spoke with laughed and gave it to me completely free!  No arguing, threatening or haggling.  Now that I look at it, I got more than free.  She gave me $40 off a month for a year and $18 off a month for six months.  Now might be a good time to call.

• Like (+1) 3

In the subscription business, they’ll do anything to keep you from canceling- Especially if you’re out of contract. The business model is that it costs more to have to replace you with a new subscriber than to keep you even with discounted service premiums. 

I’m sure they’re getting more than the cost+margin  per year out of you even after the discounts to cover Sunday ticket. 

3 hours ago, Gisele said:

Just got my bill and Sunday Ticket was already added.  I called DTV and in a very lighthearted manner complained that they took away my opportunity to haggle with them this year.  The person I spoke with laughed and gave it to me completely free!  No arguing, threatening or haggling.  Now that I look at it, I got more than free.  She gave me $40 off a month for a year and $18 off a month for six months.  Now might be a good time to call.

Specific details of your call please?

3 hours ago, Gisele said:

Nope, im dumping them, never got the package all the years i had DTV so im not missing any thing. They cost a fortune and taking off major networks for a long time is inexcusable. Im saving 85$ a month by switching to spectrum. I'll dump them someday too when all these mergers and streaming services get sorted out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Okay, I've used the dark web for several years, it generally works and I am able to see most games. But, I've been thinking about going to a more reliable paid route. I have full cable--Direct TV is not an option--what do you all recommend? Criteria: Reliable, affordable, service when needed, and ease of use. Help.

I am waiting I took off auto renew and right now with my credits I am paying 50$ a month for my package including free showtime, sports package etc.  I plan on using the fact my local CBS channel has been off since July 4 to help my negotiation.  I usually pay something but credits make it free however I may be maxing out all my credits so will barter for a reduced rate.  I will pay for ST for one reason I like to watch game and listen to the Bills Broadcast over Sirius.  I do use something else so I can sort of pay attention to another game of interest.

I called a couple of days ago because I received a notice that credits were expiring. Talked to 1st level rep & made sure auto renew was not on for Sunday Ticket. She told me my credits expire ($60/month) on Aug 26 so call back then. Those credits were what I negotiated last year for ST Max. Will see what I can negotiate on 8/26. Btw, long time Directv/ST and AT&T customer and expecting same discounts.

21 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am not eligible for Sunday Ticket without a subscription.

I will pay half the price of the of the Ticket if they allow me to use their login credentials!  I’m serious!  Or if you get it for free, I’ll give you $200.  

I’ll do this if it’s possible with their online apartment-eligible service. I can get it. Anyone know if two people can be logged in at once for the streaming option?

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In the subscription business, they’ll do anything to keep you from canceling- Especially if you’re out of contract. The business model is that it costs more to have to replace you with a new subscriber than to keep you even with discounted service premiums. 

I’m sure they’re getting more than the cost+margin  per year out of you even after the discounts to cover Sunday ticket. 

DIRECTV seems to be getting away from this under ATT, unfortunately. Many examples on here of members who called to cancel and they cancelled them without question. Then you have people like me who tried to cancel and they cut my bill by around 2/3rds to get me to stay. They are maddeningly inconsistent. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I’ll do this if it’s possible with their online apartment-eligible service. I can get it. Anyone know if two people can be logged in at once for the streaming option?

You can do one TV and one phone at the same time.

My dad used to watch from his TV at home while I was at my place watching on my phone....which I chromecasted to my TV.

Posted this yesterday on Off The Wall:

20 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Just to check in with DTV via an online chat, I asked if any ST promos were available and here was the exchange:

Shane: Thanks for your patience. Upon checking, unfortunately all the special offers for the NFL Sunday Ticket are no longer available.
Me: When were they available?
Shane: Special offers are changing monthly and they are for a limited time. You can definitely check our website at&t.com for options.

What a load of crap.  So it's luck of the draw when you check in for promos.  The time to check could have been yesterday, a week ago or even an hour ago.

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

They are maddeningly inconsistent. 

I've had DTV for 19 years...at the end of this month, it's adios. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am not eligible for Sunday Ticket without a subscription.

I will pay half the price of the of the Ticket if they allow me to use their login credentials!  I’m serious!  Or if you get it for free, I’ll give you $200.  

pm me i have an arrangement for you